[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

What functions would be possible with this?, I'm assuming commands like "text" or "call"?
looks like everything should work.
the existing armv7 libs crash trying to recognize but it looks like the "listen to tv" streams out to google!

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

looks like everything should work.
the existing armv7 libs crash trying to recognize but it looks like the "listen to tv" streams out to google!
Sweet, I for one would purchase it if you bring it to market.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I found an app called ClockSync by Sergei Baranov( free in google play) that syncs system clock to atomic clock. Have it installed to,see what happens to the clock lag. I will report back after a few days to see what effect it has.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I manually did a sync to allow superuser, then set to "automatic" at 15 min intervals. Manual sync does restore correct time, will have to see what auto mode does. Settings can be set to as low as 30 sec, not sure what that would do to bat life.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I am testing it too (thanks) because the clock lag is a real pain for me. I have to set a secondary alarm on another device on weekends.
My time was off by 16.x seconds when installed. Set it to 30 min intervals.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I am testing it too (thanks) because the clock lag is a real pain for me. I have to set a secondary alarm on another device on weekends.
My time was off by 16.x seconds when installed. Set it to 30 min intervals.
Really impressed so far, has corrected the time 3 times in a short span. Seems like automatic mode overrides the selected time intervals as I have it set to 15 min but it's corrected it in less time, well I guess automatically. Keeping fingers crossed.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm... hard to say without trying it. I'm also more the type to go looking for the best free thing out there, and then throw a small donation their way if it works great. I am intrigued tho, and did pay for the app for 2.0, so we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
I am actually thinking about two things.
A relatively simple wrapper for Voice Search like the old Assistant but with the correct outgoing intent, for free, on xda. Stuck with online recognition only.
A nice offline version on Market which costs a dollar or somesuch.
I'm not sure yet about finding hooks for the mic icon in the Now searchbar or app. Haven't seen specific things pop in the logs unless it's starting up the whole process.
And, "listen to tv" does work. It doesn't guess perfectly... pulled up Jack Hanna In the Wild instead of a survival show with Wild in the title. I was very surprised that the lib doesn't crash while sampling and uploading.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Update on clock lag: seemed to work for a while then starts to lag again. I am now going to trial with "automatic time and date" option under system time and date settings unchecked. So far after 2 hours no lag. ClockSync actually wakes up device screen when updating.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Update on clock lag: seemed to work for a while then starts to lag again. I am now going to trial with "automatic time and date" option under system time and date settings unchecked. So far after 2 hours no lag. ClockSync actually wakes up device screen when updating.
I started with those unchecked, and had to turn the sync interval down to 15 min. I got lag once already too. I have screen on turned off in the app settings.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Needed 16GB micro SD card for my old IBM Thinkpad laptop. It only has a 20GB hard drive, so Windows is all I have room for on it.
I put Puppy Precise on the micro SD so I can have way better speed no matter where I'm at (Windows and only 512MB of RAM means super slow connection speeds).
Any way: I'm back to the 2GB micro SD card in the spare V. Put the Internal KitKat on it, no clock lag. I installed the Fly-On Mod tweaks and set CPU to 480-729. Everything is working great, just a little lag on opening up some apps.
Keep up the good work bigsupersquid.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I started with those unchecked, and had to turn the sync interval down to 15 min. I got lag once already too. I have screen on turned off in the app settings.
Seems to be doing better with automatic time and time zone turned off in the system "time and date" settings. I also downloaded the "use offline database" option that's in the ClockSync settings. I left the high precision option checked( which is what wakes up the screen) as it's supposed to decrease latency according to the FAQ section of the ClockSync app. This is a technical little app, going to take me a bit to figure it out. Also AndyOpie how is it that you don't have any clock lag? The only variables I see are fly-on mod, smaller sd card and internal install. Andy, can you confirm after several days that there is no clock lag? That does not make sense since it's the same ROM and Gapps/ hardware and kernel unless the way we install the ROM has something to do do with lag.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Seems to be doing better with automatic time and time zone turned off in the system "time and date" settings. I also downloaded the "use offline database" option that's in the ClockSync settings. I left the high precision option checked( which is what wakes up the screen) as it's supposed to decrease latency according to the FAQ section of the ClockSync app. This is a technical little app, going to take me a bit to figure it out. Also AndyOpie how is it that you don't have any clock lag? The only variables I see are fly-on mod, smaller sd card and internal install. Andy, can you confirm after several days that there is no clock lag? That does not make sense since it's the same ROM and Gapps/ hardware and kernel unless the way we install the ROM has something to do do with lag.

Yeah my internal, with my scripts none of which link anything that would affect the clock, still has clock lag occasionally. Internal can't be the catch.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Lag issue- ok I have the ClockSync app,enabled with offline database downloaded and enabled. In system settings I have unchecked automatic time and time zone updates. Turned wifi off last night before going to bed, this morning upon turning phone on the usual lag present but upon enabling wifi the phone instantly syncs to correct time. My guess is that with these settings and wifi on( no deep sleep) the correct time would remain and the alarms would work, But you would need to leave the phone plugged in. Either that or using an atomic clock alarm(don't google this unless you want NSA after you lol) if one exists. Why is it that with a a GB ROM like mirage or harmonia you can leave wifi on and enter deep sleep cycles and experience no clock lag. Can we see what part of the code is driving this function in those ROMs and apply to this ROM?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I have lovely clock lag right now. While charging.
Status bar clock frozen 2.25 hrs behind. Lockscreen clock was 6 min ahead of that, self-corrected after clocksync app. Deskclock app correct, statusbar clock still frozen. Logcat even showing nothing.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I have lovely clock lag right now. While charging.
Status bar clock frozen 2.25 hrs behind. Lockscreen clock was 6 min ahead of that, self-corrected after clocksync app. Deskclock app correct, statusbar clock still frozen. Logcat even showing nothing.
Does it self correct with wifi on? It seemed to do this for me with high precision mode clicked on, could have just been coincidence though. When lag happens seems to be so random.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Does it self correct with wifi on? It seemed to do this for me with high precision mode clicked on, could have just been coincidence though. When lag happens seems to be so random.

I agree tho, that there seems to be some correlation between wifi, clock lag, and wifi induced battery drain. Discovering a code bug/root cause for all 3 would be epic.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Mine hasn't lagged since setting the clocksync app to turn the screen on at forced intervals this morning. 'Course, my clock lag's usually worst at night, when I'm not using the phone at all.
It looks to me like something to do with sleep maybe.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I agree tho, that there seems to be some correlation between wifi, clock lag, and wifi induced battery drain. Discovering a code bug/root cause for all 3 would be epic.

Yeah, that would be epic. I would like to know why the system clock is consistently up to 16 seconds off as compared with the atomic clock. So far the ClockSync app has delivered almost 90 corrections in a couple of days. Definitely something to do with deep sleep. It's not hardware because froyo and gingerbread did not have this issue. When I googled this issue I found that people were reporting this in google forums(mostly nexus 7 and samsung devices since 2011 all the way to Jan of this year. Google finally responded a full 2 years after people started posting with the lame suggestion to do a hard reset or try manually setting time date followed by reboot. The app ClockSync was born out of that. Amazing!!!

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that would be epic. I would like to know why the system clock is consistently up to 16 seconds off as compared with the atomic clock. So far the ClockSync app has delivered almost 90 corrections in a couple of days. Definitely something to do with deep sleep. It's not hardware because froyo and gingerbread did not have this issue. When I googled this issue I found that people were reporting this in google forums(mostly nexus 7 and samsung devices since 2011 all the way to Jan of this year. Google finally responded a full 2 years after people started posting with the lame suggestion to do a hard reset or try manually setting time date followed by reboot. The app ClockSync was born out of that. Amazing!!!

Interesting stuff! I'll probably have to try this ClockSync app. Today I decided to backup my Froyo install, then fully wipe and reload BSS's KitKat internal on my phone. First thing I loaded was Mounts2SD, so I could link every folder that app can to a 3.1 GB ext4 partition (/system /data /cache, a few other folders). Haven't restored any apps yet... got to have dinner first then decide what I'll put back on from my Titanium backup pile. May load the fly on tweaks, as linking via Mounts2SD slows app loading somewhat for me.