[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Can't believe it's been over a year since my OptiS died on me. I've had a couple things since: Samsung Galaxy Rush, which is crap and had like nearly no development for it. Kyocera Event, which is pure crap and died on me in only a few months. My wife's HTC Desire 510, which was pretty nice but had nothing on the development front and eventually died on me. (Oh yeah, I'm married now, we got married on her birthday last month - 11/17) Now it's a balance between my wife's (now mine) ZTE Warp Elite, which is okay but can't even be rooted...and my Samsung Galaxy S3 Triband running Oct-M Marshmallow by Team OctOS. I may still look into an OptiV and a 32GB SD card to run this behemoth again, though (because one, this is THE BEST Optimus S/V ROM with SlimBean for the S being a close second; I wonder if there's a SlimKat or SlimLP port for this ol' gal?, and two, I miss bragging about having KitKat on an ancient device like the Optimus. Bragging about Marshmallow on my S3 isn't quite as fun as THAT was...yesss.)

Looking forward to when you get that "final release version" out, bigsupersquid.

jakemuse

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Optimus S, downgrading the baseband to ZVD allowed the phone to get cell signal. I also had no signal with ZVJ. Don't know about data, as I haven't activated the phone on my account, but calls seem to work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html (official sprint zvd download)
(or http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...implified-unroot-return-stock.html#post712850)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ot-utility-one-click-root-multi-platform.html

Last edited:

jakemuse

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
A little update:
I may have been trying to do too much at once. I installed BSR (internal) by itself (after a fresh partition of the sdcard, to be safe) and things started up. Then gapps after a first boot. Still not perfect, though.
I've flashed the oskeyswap and SprintFix, but I'm not getting a cell signal. I've tried turning the cell radio on and off (directly and through Airplane mode), rebooted a couple of times, reflashed the Sprintfix without seeing any change. Not sure what to make of that. About:phone shows me on the LS670ZVJ baseband, if that matters.
SELinux is set to Enforcing, and I remember reading something about that, but I think that was only an issue for Toucanscrypt, which I haven't installed yet.

Edit: I see there's another active user trying out BSR on xda. I'll probably move my status updates over there for the time being.

See above post; I got cell reception (voice and texts) but no data working by running this ROM, with the Sprint fix, over a ZVD baseband. Does anyone have any suggestions? It would be great if I could get this working. Thanks.

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to install "cm-11-20141119-EXPERIMENTAL-ext2_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip", but it fails every time. md5 matched. Earlier versions install just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: BTW, the earlier version I have installed is running pretty smooth on my s670 and my vm670. This os2sd works great, beats the hell out of link2sd, for sure. My hat is off to @bigsupersquid for the hard work that went into this. Possible update as stated back in July, i think it was, would be great. For now, if anyone has a working copy of the 20141119 release, could you please upload it.

Thank You

Last edited:

cyberfunk

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I've installed your [ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V and there is no english language option. I tried everything and the only choices I get are Azerbaycana and three Asian languages. Am I missing something in the settings?

bryonssmith

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
Greetings internet! This appears to be the best thread on the internet for the Optimus S. Hoping BigSuperSquid or others are still active. :)

I have two Sprint LS670 (2.3.3 LS670MJV_6150 zvj.47B56B46) that I'm looking to upgrade to 4.4.4 in order to use the Family Link app so I can set them up for my young kids to use as Hangout phones around the house. I've rooted a few tablets, but this is my first time tackling a phone and I've read conflicting reports about downgrading baseband or not for the ZVJ phones. Not really worried about the carrier working as they'll just be on wifi in the house and use Hangouts to call us if needed.

Is there a "final" stable release out there? Or leads on a new rom? Ran across another rom that was supposedly much lighter than CM but cannot find that url again. :(

Thoughts? Would hate to go through all the older zvh/zvd crap if I don't have to. :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Greetings internet! This appears to be the best thread on the internet for the Optimus S. Hoping BigSuperSquid or others are still active. :)

I have two Sprint LS670 (2.3.3 LS670MJV_6150 zvj.47B56B46) that I'm looking to upgrade to 4.4.4 in order to use the Family Link app so I can set them up for my young kids to use as Hangout phones around the house. I've rooted a few tablets, but this is my first time tackling a phone and I've read conflicting reports about downgrading baseband or not for the ZVJ phones. Not really worried about the carrier working as they'll just be on wifi in the house and use Hangouts to call us if needed.

Is there a "final" stable release out there? Or leads on a new rom? Ran across another rom that was supposedly much lighter than CM but cannot find that url again. :(

Thoughts? Would hate to go through all the older zvh/zvd crap if I don't have to. :)
It's been a long time since I thought about the old optimus. Bottom line though if you don't care about carrier working ALL Optimus S/V roms are compatible with either phone. If you have an S and flash a V rom the S the home and menu buttons will be swapped same with the other way around....

Mostly I just came here to check back at my old stomping grounds. Learned a lot about Android here