Gingerbread for optimus v?

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Most people upgrade to custom roms, because they are better than stock or provide additional features. It will not mes up your phone if dine correctly, but it is not a simple process. Do some reading in this forum.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
but it is not a simple process. Do some reading in this forum.

Don't scare him. It's extremely easy. If you can follow 1 2 3 instructions like "plug in phone" - "push this button" - "reboot phone" you wont have any issues. It's a simple process, but can take awhile. :cool:Oh and it wont mess up your phone unless you can't read.

Reactions: smegal1215

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
...anything that ends in pedia has got to be TRUFACTS.

Even if LG says gingerbread will be rolled out for the optimus line in may. It doesnt mean VM will do it also. Just like gingerbread has been out a while yet its still not official on the Droid X/2.

Dont believe everything you read on the internet.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful the official release of Gingerbread will be as good as some of the ROMs already available. These ROMs have had months of beta stage development with instant feedback and subsequent revisions. Nightly builds are available for many with changes happening all the time. VM will have a product that is tested primarily in lab, and not with a hundred users providing instant feedback for improvements.

I'm loving aospCM7, I'm sure I'll try the gingerbread upgrade if/when VM offers it, but I'm betting I'll stick with this ROM.

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful the official release of Gingerbread will be as good as some of the ROMs already available. These ROMs have had months of beta stage development with instant feedback and subsequent revisions. Nightly builds are available for many with changes happening all the time. VM will have a product that is tested primarily in lab, and not with a hundred users providing instant feedback for improvements.

I'm loving aospCM7, I'm sure I'll try the gingerbread upgrade if/when VM offers it, but I'm betting I'll stick with this ROM.

you will need vm's upgrade to get sms working..if thats a feature you want (like me)..period...to me..those roms are worthless

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
do u have any problems with it?

The only problem I have with CM7 is no MMS

you will need vm's upgrade to get sms working..if thats a feature you want (like me)..period...to me..those roms are worthless

SMS works fine, MMS doesn't. I'll bet they get MMS working in the custom ROMs before VM releases Gingerbread, I'm from Vegas, I only bet on a sure thing! ;)

I'm fine with receiving multi-media messages via email rather than MMS, but to each their own. The added functionality and performance that comes with aospCM7 is worth the slight hassle IMHO.

smegal1215

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
what about cyanogenmod 7? there is so many different roms i dunno which one is best, everyone keeps mentioning this one and the one u have. all i want is a gingerbread rom lol

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have with CM7 is no MMS

SMS works fine, MMS doesn't. I'll bet they get MMS working in the custom ROMs before VM releases Gingerbread, I'm from Vegas, I only bet on a sure thing! ;)

I'm fine with receiving multi-media messages via email rather than MMS, but to each their own. The added functionality and performance that comes with aospCM7 is worth the slight hassle IMHO.

sorry i ment mms :-\ how do you set that up>?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
what about cyanogenmod 7? there is so many different roms i dunno which one is best, everyone keeps mentioning this one and the one u have. all i want is a gingerbread rom lol

If you want gingerbread there is only two options right now.

Zefies CM7 port or aSOP's asopCM7 port.

The other builds are just 2.2 tweaked the way it should have been.

Jerry you mention getting mms messages in email, care to elaborate on this?
I remember this mentioned a long time ago for another phone but dont remember the specifics.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright, let's take a look. *click*
Okay, that post is citing a comment made by LG's Indian branch referring specifically to the Optimus One phone, not the entire Optimus One line of phones. It also says that the end of May ETA is subject to change and has not been confirmed.
Let's check this one out. *click*
Okay, that post cites softpedia, which cites the same source as your first link. I guess you didn't read through all 2 pages of that thread, or you would have seen my post in it. That thread title is deceptive. It claims a date is set on Gingerbread for the Optimus line, but the source provided does not support that claim.

I compiled all official statements I could find regarding the Optimus V getting Gingerbread, without putting words into LG's mouth that were never spoken. Feel free to give it a read if you're interested: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...2-optimus-v-updated-30mar11-7.html#post786147

smegal1215

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Alright, let's take a look. *click*
Okay, that post is citing a comment made by LG's Indian branch referring specifically to the Optimus One phone, not the entire Optimus One line of phones. It also says that the end of May ETA is subject to change and has not been confirmed.

Let's check this one out. *click*
Okay, that post cites softpedia, which cites the same source as your first link. I guess you didn't read through all 2 pages of that thread, or you would have seen my post in it. That thread title is deceptive. It claims a date is set on Gingerbread for the Optimus line, but the source provided does not support that claim.

I compiled all official statements I could find regarding the Optimus V getting Gingerbread, without putting words into LG's mouth that were never spoken. Feel free to give it a read if you're interested: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...2-optimus-v-updated-30mar11-7.html#post786147
WOW, sounds like they dunno what is going on, thanks for the correction.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you want gingerbread there is only two options right now.

Zefies CM7 port or aSOP's asopCM7 port.

The other builds are just 2.2 tweaked the way it should have been.

Jerry you mention getting mms messages in email, care to elaborate on this?
I remember this mentioned a long time ago for another phone but dont remember the specifics.

I meant I have my friends send me pictures/media files via email rather than MMS for now.

The latest release of aospCM7 came with a note that MMS is almost fixed, so keep your fingers crossed!