[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]Harmonia 1.3 (Aphrodite + Picasticks) 17June11

Ok now that they are downloaded where do they go?? I downloaded maps update. It is a zip program. Do I unzip? where do the files go?? on the SD card?? I'm lost ... :((

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Place the.zip file and install through your recovery just as you would rom. Don't wipe just install zip from sd card.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

OK they must need to be renamed update.zip .... Thats what I thought .. just didn't want to brick my new ROM.... better to ask first ....

Thanks guys...and gals

bcrest1

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Testing Harmonia 1.3 now and it's been great so far! Also like aospcm7 but need reliable camera now.

Sorry for the noob question here - it's likely been asked before but can't find it. I have researched plenty about whether the OV 'settings' icons can be modded (ie, color). Can I please get a confirmation here yes or no - and if so, a bit of direction? I'm guessing those icons are associated with the .pro files in the settings.apk drawable, but of course I could be way off. Perhaps this is an untouchable for this phone or just a Froyo limitation (?). Thanks.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

They can be modded, I don't know how, but when you use themes for other launchers they change the icons. I guess you could try opening up one of the theme apks and see where they changed them? That's the only shot in the dark I can offer.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Testing Harmonia 1.3 now and it's been great so far! Also like aospcm7 but need reliable camera now.

Sorry for the noob question here - it's likely been asked before but can't find it. I have researched plenty about whether the OV 'settings' icons can be modded (ie, color). Can I please get a confirmation here yes or no - and if so, a bit of direction? I'm guessing those icons are associated with the .pro files in the settings.apk drawable, but of course I could be way off. Perhaps this is an untouchable for this phone or just a Froyo limitation (?). Thanks.

The .pro files are generally just .png files you can rename them to edit them in a photo editor such as Gimp.

Sadly I think most of the changes you are looking for are going to be in the xml files rather than the .pro files. I know absolutely nothing about xml so I won't be much help but hopefully that will send you in the right direction.

bcrest1

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the help so far... I've only tried one other launcher (Regina) and it doesn't change the settings icons (maybe others do). Also tried renaming the extension to .png for both Gimp (windows installer) and Photoshop - neither seem to recognize either .pro or .png.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

GIMP has a png plug in, you should be able to google it to find it. Then it will open and edit them just like jpg or bmp files.

bcrest1

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

GIMP has a png plug in, you should be able to google it to find it. Then it will open and edit them just like jpg or bmp files.

Finally came across the .png plug-in - still no go. Those drawable .pro files just don't seem to take a simple changing of the file extension to .png., or I'm missing something.

moose1212

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

xionia recovery when downloaded does the filename have to be changed for cwm and rom manager to reconize it ? tried installing harmonia and ended up going back to the stock rom thank you for your help

moose1212

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

can i use this with romtools? or just xionia just starting to learn these steps having trouble installing with romtools and with clockworkmod says amend to edify thank you

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Quick question about Harmonia:
I just installed Harmonia as my first custom rom, although I have been running rooted for quite a while.

When I was using stock rooted, if I connected to a shell using adb, I had to su to get root.
Using Harmonia, if I connect to a shell using adb, it seems I am automatically put into a root shell.

Is this normal & can it be configured? I like the security of having to connect to a standard shell and then having to su to get root.

Last edited:

wch_one

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

How long is "a moment"? I'm at the "Harmonia" logo; it was animating but has not stopped...it's been at least 20 minutes.

EDIT: pulled battery, wiped data and cache, installed using recovery instead of ROMTools. Worked ok. I think the problem with ROMTools is that you can't really wipe and install a ROM at the same time (or the instructions aren't clear enough :)

EDIT2: WOW! This thing is smoooooooth! I should have done this months ago. Big thanks LeslieAnn!

Same thing happened to me, except installed via recovery to begin with; I never used ROMTools. On the first boot, the animation froze after several minutes. I waited about 5 more minutes, then pulled the battery and rebooted. Still no go -- it froze after about a minute, and I waited about 3 more minutes. I tried one more time, still nothing.

Finally, I booted into recovery mode, cleared the cache and data, and it booted just fine. Now on to restoring from my application backup that I made!

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Hello
I've been having trouble with MMS video. I have never been able to receive a MMS video since I had this phone in Feb. I get the senders name but nothing is attached (yes I'm sure the sender is doing it correctly) . Sometimes there will show an attachment but it is empty (1K). I'm posting in this thread because I have the Harmonia ROM installed and VM probally wouldn't be much help. Leslie, or anyone familiar with this ROM, are there some settings somewhere that might fix this???

TIA

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

hey guys is there any music players you can flash to this
Anything that works on Froyo should work fine.

Hello
I've been having trouble with MMS video. I have never been able to receive a MMS video since I had this phone in Feb. I get the senders name but nothing is attached (yes I'm sure the sender is doing it correctly) . Sometimes there will show an attachment but it is empty (1K). I'm posting in this thread because I have the Harmonia ROM installed and VM probally wouldn't be much help. Leslie, or anyone familiar with this ROM, are there some settings somewhere that might fix this???

TIA

Probably coming from AT&T, which for some reason this phone or Virgin has trouble with.

MMS and SMS work on this rom, try a fresh install (including a fresh download), it may be a bad install, but mms has been an issue with VM for a while.

Reactions: mr.faceman23

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Any reports of issues with the stock e-mail app? Mine's been force-closing every time I attempt to reply to something since flashing the upgrade. I'm figuring I'll just reflash the rom, but don't know if the Titanium Pro Backup doesn't jive with this particular file or what...that sound like the right thing to do?

Pinan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I have an interesting wireless problem. Since upgrading to 1.3 I can't connect to some wireless locations that I could before, even though they show as being connected with a good signal. Nothing, zip. These are typically networks that are "Remembered".

Optimus V.

Any ideas?

Btw. Love this ROM. Thank you LeslieAnn. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non