Why do people buy Samsung Galaxy Phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually like Samsung's product to a certain extent, they only turn offs are "the cheap build quality" & I can not STAND Touchwiz. Other than that, I've always been really interested in their hardware & some software. The Note 4 has me really intrigued if the hardware is stellar compared to the stuff they've been releasing as of late.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 😏

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
OP thanks for telling me that Samsung is crap. I am now going to sell my Note 3 which pretty much smokes most of the phones on the market. Thanks for opening my eyes that Samsung is a crap OEM...

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cheap and plastic and plastic are two different things. Samsung phones feel outright flimsy.

I can't understand why people go Samsung when Android has a few phenomenal OEMs.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Cheap and plastic and plastic are two different things. Samsung phones feel outright flimsy.

I can't understand why people go Samsung when Android has a few phenomenal OEMs.

Couldn't be because Samsung makes good devices, and has the best accessory ecosystem of any Android OEM and actually updates their devices. Or the fact that their flagships get the most support. Nah, it can't be any of those reasons.

Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This started happening last year when the first HTC One came out. A lot of the HTC owners are upset with Samsung because they are the big evil giants that are destroying HTC and driving them out of business. They just can't understand who the "best phone ever made" can not sale as good as a "piece of crap"? So they are hurt and sad that Samsung keeps going strong while every other week somebody is thinking, saying, predicting that HTC is going to go under. So they hate on Samsung.

If I had to pick between the two here is how it would work for me.

Build.
Samsung: Plastic which allows for a removable battery (I really don't care) and a place for a SD card. Also allows for wireless charging. Non slip back makes it easier to hold.
HTC: Metal, which allows for, well none of the above but does make it very slippery to hold and heavy. Oh yes front facing speakers, well it's a phone not a radio so I don't care.
Winner Samsung.

Camera
Samsung: A very good camera.
HTC: Two not so good cameras.
Winner: Samsung

Size and screen: Screen is the same size on both and great on both.
Samsung: Screen fits the phone nicely, not the best on the market but pretty good.
HTC: With the front facing speakers and the logo black bar that doesn't get used you are looking at a phone that is just to large for the screen size.
Winner: Samsung

UI: I haven't used either one of these phones.
Samsung: TW, look even the people who like Samsung phones hate TW.
HTC: Sense, seems most like it.
Winner: HTC

Overall if I had to pick between these two phones I would pick Samsung. The size of the HTC One Vs the screen and the cameras just don't do it for me.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Right just to respond my point wasn't about HTC in general it was about the sheep like mentality of ooooh it's a Samsung I must buy it rather than looking at the 4-5 better devices that exist (Sony z2 HTC one m8 LG g2 and g3 or even nexus 5 over in UK anyway don't really know if there are others available in US? Moto X maybe?) And in regards to the person who posted every manufacturer ever it wasn't the use of plastic it was the use of flimsy cheap feeling plastic that I was on about

And finally to ^^^ if you actually prefer cheap feel over premium then fine but since u have felt the need to compare the 2 I thought I should respond

I'll give u the camera it's a fairly divisive subject and probably the phones only weak point but how many people actually carry around a spare battery just in case this phone will last me easily a days use I'm in work for 7 n sometimes not home till 5.30 and it regularly leaves me with 30/40% battery with moderate use in work so why would I want to risk breaking the flimsy back plastic changing a battery over regularly? And who actually changes their battery over on a regular basis. Wireless charging although would be a fun gimmick to have seems to provide no real advantage over say ooooh plugging a cable in...the design is 10 times more premium but yes the phone is a little tall but not so uncomfortably tall that you can't use it.

And on a previous point I have not got an opinion with the note range of phones either way as I'm sure I have stated in another post as I haven't used them and have actually heard good things about them this is purely about the galaxy s range

And if I feel the need to vent my opinion on a FORUM I can do so if it offends u just move on

Good morning from the UK people 😊

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Right just to respond my point wasn't about HTC in general it was about the sheep like mentality of ooooh it's a Samsung I must buy it rather than looking at the 4-5 better devices that exist (Sony z2 HTC one m8 LG g2 and g3 or even nexus 5 over in UK anyway don't really know if there are others available in US? Moto X maybe?) And in regards to the person who posted every manufacturer ever it wasn't the use of plastic it was the use of flimsy cheap feeling plastic that I was on about

And finally to ^^^ if you actually prefer cheap feel over premium then fine but since u have felt the need to compare the 2 I thought I should respond

I'll give u the camera it's a fairly divisive subject and probably the phones only weak point but how many people actually carry around a spare battery just in case this phone will last me easily a days use I'm in work for 7 n sometimes not home till 5.30 and it regularly leaves me with 30/40% battery with moderate use in work so why would I want to risk breaking the flimsy back plastic changing a battery over regularly? And who actually changes their battery over on a regular basis. Wireless charging although would be a fun gimmick to have seems to provide no real advantage over say ooooh plugging a cable in...the design is 10 times more premium but yes the phone is a little tall but not so uncomfortably tall that you can't use it.

And on a previous point I have not got an opinion with the note range of phones either way as I'm sure I have stated in another post as I haven't used them and have actually heard good things about them this is purely about the galaxy s range

And if I feel the need to vent my opinion on a FORUM I can do so if it offends u just move on

I wouldn't carry a spare battery either, even said as much that I didn't care about a removable battery. But it is an option some people want.

A question for you. Do you keep your HTC on a case?

Oh and good morning from the US.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I do when I'm in work yes as there's a higher risk of damage but don't at home as the look and feel was one of the reasons I bought it

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Why do people buy samsung galaxy phones?

They figure that if they finally submit and buy a Samsung Phone -- those pesky, prevailing, annoying pop-ups and advertising would seize, and we can finally see something else on a pop-up rather then another Samsung Product.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
But it's not tho android phones run off same base Os at this level it's the skin and ui that changes and I would've thought they'd be fairly easy to explain no matter what I get iPhones I get the pick up n go set up just don't get the galaxy phones when there's better phones available

That is your opinion and I do not agree with you. Fro someone like me who works in the technology field then sure but not for people like my mom. Not that all old folk are the same but that is their issue and hats why they ended up with phones like their friends.

BBFunGuy

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I went with Samsung becsuse of the broad installed base. Figured they must be doing something near right. And if I need help, plenty should be available. Oh, and they make great TVs. Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Ahahahahahahah!

Who can forget this: Samsung TV Capacitor “Clicking” Issue and Free Repair

In a huge campaign to involve their customers in home television repair, they produced and sold an enormous amount of televisions with electrolytic capacitors rated way below the necessary performance level for the given power circuit pcb. My 40" 'sammy' is the most 'hands-on' television I have experienced. It sure would suck not to know what my tv looked like inside because it was manufactured correctly.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I went with Samsung becsuse of the broad installed base. Figured they must be doing something near right. And if I need help, plenty should be available. Oh, and they make great TVs.

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Actually, it was Pioneer that made great TVs. Samedung just copied them and then dragged the lawsuit out for as long as possible while still blatantly violating Pioneer's patents. By the time they agreed to a settlement, it was too late. Sammy has a history of crap like that. There are other reasons (political) why there are no Samsung branded products in my home. Yea, they make the internals for a lot of stuff, but if it says Sammy on the outside, it doesn't get my money.

That is your opinion and I do not agree with you. Fro someone like me who works in the technology field then sure but not for people like my mom. Not that all old folk are the same but that is their issue and hats why they ended up with phones like their friends.

Hey Buster, define old people.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it a giant marketing thing or are the general public that stupid ?? I've used the s2 and s3 and didn't get it back then. The design is awful they all look pretty much the same, they feel cheap and plastic for an apparent high end phone and even the UI looks tacky I'm sorry but when paying this money aesthetics matter, especially when the internals are fairly similar at this level. I just think it's laziness on behalf of the consumer who'll buy one just coz its a Samsung....

(I'm removing the note series from this as I've never used or held one to make any judgement)

I was about to rip your throat out until I read the last sentence, lol. My Note 3 is fantastic. Set up the way I like it with Nova Launcher Prime, Widget Locker Lockscreen, Nox Icon Pack, Clean Font, and in a Spigen case. Yes it's big, but it's lightning fast, screen is amazing, and the battery lasts all day plus.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
"Right just to respond my point wasn't about HTC in general it was about the sheep like mentality of ooooh it's a Samsung I must buy it rather than looking at the 4-5 better devices that exist (Sony z2 HTC one m8 LG g2 and g3 or even nexus 5 over in UK anyway don't really know if there are others available in US? Moto X maybe?)"
You my friend are a Freudian dream. The arrogance of suggesting and assuming that you know why people are buying Samsung phones is irresponsible and frankly ignorant. Please list your empirical data to support your comments, otherwise your comments are pointless. But since we are throwing out "pointless comments", I would go as far to suggest that many Samsung owners are extremely tech savvy and have taken the time to research the product and determine what worked best for them. I'm sure this thought never entered your mind considering the obvious point of your OP.
"And in regards to the person who posted every manufacturer ever it wasn't the use of plastic it was the use of flimsy cheap feeling plastic that I was on about"
Well then, possibly you could be more specific or continue to get responses from your "non-specific" comments. Or possibly take your own advice of "And if I feel the need to vent my opinion on a FORUM I can do so if it offends u just move on"
It's painfully obvious that only person you are trying to satisfy yourself is here. You don't own a Samsung yet your "concerned" why people really buy Samsung phones? Really? Well, thanks for your concern but I certainly don't need it. By the way, I probably don't care for the car you own or the clothes you wear, guess what....I don't worry in the slightest why purchased either.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it was Pioneer that made great TVs. Samedung just copied them and then dragged the lawsuit out for as long as possible while still blatantly violating Pioneer's patents. By the time they agreed to a settlement, it was too late. Sammy has a history of crap like that. There are other reasons (political) why there are no Samsung branded products in my home. Yea, they make the internals for a lot of stuff, but if it says Sammy on the outside, it doesn't get my money.

Hey Buster, define old people.

Haha fair enough my friend! My parents are in their 60s. My mom has had a stroke sadly and her hands are very limited due to this. So a great screen, smaller phone and an easy learning curb was important! Not like I'm right around the block anymore! So she got an iPhone. My brother, his wife and most of her friends have them! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty