Tampered Unlocked Phone still works but no root

ookjmk

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Well from the title it says most of it but I recently read online that the ics ota had been release so I decided to do the update. Now my phone was currently rooted with s-off and it was just a temp root so every time i did an update i just used my app voodo root keeper which worked great. Until ICS so i did the update temporarily unrooted myself through the app after update was completed attempted to reroot and i got a message that flashed up quickly but it had something to do with "tampered" with and the phone restarted. I have no root currently and have been reading not to many people have managed to get root back on the rezound after this ota ics update but im kind of worried about this tampered unlocked message i get in the boot loader.

Any input would be great and any advice or direction as to how to fix and reroot my rezound would be much appreciate.

Plus if im posting in the wrong spot please tell me i think im in the right spot but not sure lol

ookjmk

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Only thing is I don't have clockwork mod installed on the phone because I don't want ota's to fail is it possible to still flash supersu without clockwork mod?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way I can get back to just unlocked and get rid of the tampered? No big deal either way, but it makes me feel "dirty" seeing the tampered on there. ;)

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Ive heard that and I have s off

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Sorry, re-read your op, and saw that. If you run an RUU, it will over write your hboot, and not show tampered. But I'm kinda getting you don't want to have to wipe? I suppose you could flash one of the jupountbear hboots, but I'm unsure if that wipes or not. I myself installed the JB hboot when I went s-off, and then ran the .10 hboot, so I'm on a stock hboot. I don't think hboot's are all that big of a deal for normal flashers, and as long as the tampered doesn't bother you to much, I would not worry about it.

Also, since your s-off, you don't need to be unlocked to do anything, so you can stay locked and do anything you want. And staying locked and s-off, you should be able to get any updates with no problems.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Only if you s-off.

Soooooo......

I decided to relock and install the newest RUU...the global one. My bootloader said unlocked/tampered. After running the RUU and then unlocking again, my bootloader simply says unlocked now. No more tampered. I'm s-on, so the RUU must have reset it somehow.

Anyway.....I don't feel so dirty anymore ;)

Edit.....Now that I've reinstalled Amon Ra it says tampered again :( I think I need a shower.

Last edited:

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Your bootloader says "Tampered" because you installed a custom recovery. When you install an RUU, it installs stock firmware, which includes the stock recovery, hence why it disappears. There's two ways to get rid of it though: Either flash the stock recovery or install a different HBoot (I'd recommend this way). But honestly unless it bugs you that much, I'd just leave it be since it affects nothing more than the appearance.

Oh, and installing a different HBoot won't wipe anything, like your data, or system; just the previous HBoot version.

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
**tampered**
**relocked*
**segurity warning**
htc rezound virgor pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.28. 0000
radio-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
opendsp-v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot sep 20 2012,17:40:22

hello friend I have htc rezound and not start just stays in fastboot I could spend the ruun s-on