Factory Reset Question(s)

grabeb

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My daughter has a Core Prime, but lately she has no room to do anything. If she wants a new app, she has to uninstall another or clear cache, etc. She has a 32G SD Card that pics and such are supposed to go to, but even moving what I can over, she has no room. She used to have a dozen or two or more apps, but I bet now she only has maybe 5. This weekend she wanted PokieMan again, so she had to uninstall Words, etc. Her main concern with a factory reset is loosing her worlds in Minecraft. At one point, I thought I saved them to the SD Card, but then they were gone and that was a HUGE issue. If I clear the Cache on the phone I am not allowed to touch Minecraft. Something doesn't seem right about that to me.

I've thought about backing up the entire phone to my PC and then trying, BUT I don't want to take any chances....that is very important to her. Also, it doesn't appear Minecraft takes up THAT much space.

She also has a Galaxy Tab3, my other daughter has the Tab3 Lite, and both of these could also use a reset, but same issue. I'm thinking for my daughter with the Prime, I could try her tablet first as I don't think she's touched it for a few months, but again, she really doesn't want to loose those worlds either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It probably depends on how you backup the phone to the PC. If you're just copying folders from the phone to the computer hard drive, you might still miss important data that is stored in protected system directories that the apps are using (which you can't access on an unrooted phone).

You could try backing up with Helium, which backs up app data as well.

See this guide for tips on how to maximize what little storage you have: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress