Going with the Note 10 + instead of the Fold

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
As much as like to be a initial supporter of the Fold, the Note 10 + enhancements is right up my alley.

Samsung Notes and the Spen is the main driver of why I switched from the iPhone to the Note like full time. Unfortunately, the fold has no spen support. :(

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(For the record, I applauded a poster in this thread, but it seems to have been misunderstood, because he or she has now left us - though I hope not for that reason alone. Mod actions have removed the posts in question.)

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have mixed feelings about this, I am still very excited about devices going in the direction of the Fold, That Said.. I have an N10+ pre-ordered and will have to take a closer look at the Fold. I prefer a device with the screen folding inside. I would love to see a folding Note :)

I think they really need to focus on having a device that will be safe from moisture/dust damage Especially if it's going to have the kind of price they are going with. (I have had devices that would get dust in or under the screen and it sucked and don't want that worry if I'm buying a device that costs 2k)

Cheers,
BR

Last edited:

Chris Williams8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
A bit dramatic don't ya think? Lmao

Anyways I really wanted the Fold too but I think I'll wait for the second one. I'm a Note guy and I really like the improvements Samsung made on the Note 10+. I just don't think I want to wait much longer for the Fold to come out. Once it does release I hope it does well.

But next year I have my sights on the Fold 2.
I’m with you guys. Reformed fold fan. Going note 10. Fold is dead to me.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
With the screen only being 0.5" larger, (unfolded), I don't see the point in getting a Fold vs the Note 10+.

Note 10+ - 6.8"
Fold - 7.3"

One of the whole points of the Fold is to have a smaller, one hand manageable phone, that can unfold into a tablet sized screen, thus allowing someone to tote around one device vs two.

0.5" isn't worth the extra money and questionable, and as yet unproven, quality vs the known quality and reliability of the Note 10+.

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I’m getting the fold over the Note 10+ no question. Wider screen, and finally a different form factor. Tired of rockin the same ol slab for 20 yrs.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't plan on getting the Fold. But IF I ever did, it would be a few months after release. This way I could see all the reviews. By then I figure most of the issues would have been reported. I hate diving right in only to find all sorts of problems. Especially knowing that the Fold failed the first time.

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have both, the Note 10+ is a great phone, but the fold is so different, dual screens are very easy to work with. emails and texts work great on the display screen.

BB_PP

May 29, 2017
Visit site
With the screen only being 0.5" larger, (unfolded), I don't see the point in getting a Fold vs the Note 10+.

Note 10+ - 6.8"
Fold - 7.3"

One of the whole points of the Fold is to have a smaller, one hand manageable phone, that can unfold into a tablet sized screen, thus allowing someone to tote around one device vs two.

0.5" isn't worth the extra money and questionable, and as yet unproven, quality vs the known quality and reliability of the Note 10+.

You are calculating 0.5" wrongly

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
A month with my fold and very satisfied w it. Just went on a cruise and the tablet form was great for watching movies on the plane. No screen issues and everyone who has seen has zeen it complemented on it on how big screen is and images pop. Only 1 person in the cruise asked me about it after using it and folding it to fold it closed. My relatives who have several phones have not heard about it before and stunned as to what it can do.

ReprobusR

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I want to get the Fold as I'm using a now dead Windows Phone, although I did love Windows Phone; Microsoft threw it in the toilet. When will we expect the Fold to be released in North America (US / Canada) ? I can wait, even if it is another 6 months, even a year if need be.