this phone is awesome.

dgurvits

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the fold too

And i love it and its such a pleasure to use
However, my OCD will not let me keep it as the crease in the display is bothering me too much

Yes it is not visible sometimes, bit it is there

The phone is cool as heck, and probably more futuristic then holding the original iPhone in 2007

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the fold too

And i love it and its such a pleasure to use
However, my OCD will not let me keep it as the crease in the display is bothering me too much

Yes it is not visible sometimes, bit it is there

The phone is cool as heck, and probably more futuristic then holding the original iPhone in 2007

I absolutely love my fold but I'll likely be returning it as well because I'm crazy OCD about my phones also. The crease doesn't bother me so much but I've been playing call of duty on it alot and I've discovered indentions from my fingernails even though I've been really careful with it. They dont really affect usage and aren't really noticeable unless held at the right angle in bright lighting with the screen off but once you see them you can't stop thinking about them being on your $2k phone.

Going to be hard to return this one because it is such a game changing piece of technology but that's the way I'm leaning right now.

dgurvits

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love my fold but I'll likely be returning it as well because I'm crazy OCD about my phones also. The crease doesn't bother me so much but I've been playing call of duty on it alot and I've discovered indentions from my fingernails even though I've been really careful with it. They dont really affect usage and aren't really noticeable unless held at the right angle in bright lighting with the screen off but once you see them you can't stop thinking about them being on your $2k phone.

Going to be hard to return this one because it is such a game changing piece of technology but that's the way I'm leaning right now.

Agreed, at the end of the day, the screen will not withstand the test of time. I feel like this is a great second “show off “ device.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

This is disappointing to hear. Those indentations would drive me crazy if i spent 2k on the thing. I would be conflicted as well but that's a deal breaker for me. That just can't happen.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hope you enjoy the Samsung galaxy fold.

I has a fever for one.

I traded in my pixel 3 xl at Best Buy and got a Note 10 + unlocked for 900.00 including tax.

So far, I'm happy with the Note 10 + , and the specs.
Not saying I wouldnt like to play with a fold.
Just dont want to play with one.

Looking forward to hearing more about it from you.
Dont forget about us dude.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Checking in. So far everything is good with my Fold. No scratches or nicks. I have everything set up that I like on it. And I'm just enjoying it a lot! It's not particularly difficult to care for as I use phones. No one has noticed it or asked about it. Which is fine with me. I didn't buy it to get attention. I bought it because I thought it would suit my needs. And it has very well. So I'm just enjoying it at this point. Hope everyone else is too!
Elly

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hope you enjoy the Samsung galaxy fold.

I has a fever for one.

I traded in my pixel 3 xl at Best Buy and got a Note 10 + unlocked for 900.00 including tax.

So far, I'm happy with the Note 10 + , and the specs.
Not saying I wouldnt like to play with a fold.
Just dont want to play with one.

Looking forward to hearing more about it from you.
Dont forget about us dude.
Did the same with my pixel 3xl. Love note 10+. Would love to have a fold, but $2k is not something I am willing to spend on a phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Did the same with my pixel 3xl. Love note 10+. Would love to have a fold, but $2k is not something I am willing to spend on a phone.

The note 10+ sure is nice and growing on me.
What is it 256k storage, plus SD card.
12gb memory.
4300 mah battery.
Secure folder.
Great camera.
Got The tech to turn Bixby off.

Samsung didnt cut any corners.
They have the Hdw.
And .software

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The note 10+ sure is nice and growing on me.
What is it 256k storage, plus SD card.
12gb memory.
4300 mah battery.
Secure folder.
Great camera.
Got The tech to turn Bixby off.

Samsung didnt cut any corners.
They have the Hdw.
And .software
Yep. LOADED. and it's been running smooth as silk since I got it at launch day. The 64gb base model on the pixel 3 XL and now pixel 4 XL is so disappointing. And Samsung giving $600 trade in was a Nooooooo brainer.

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
This phone brings back memories of my Galaxy Note Edge, having to wait/ hunt for accessories. At least now we have options, like Amazon and Ebay.

jgcotton

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Have been driving my Fold for 2+ weeks and concur with many others...it's an outstanding smartphone! Simply the best tech product that I've used in years. Rarely use my tablet now for reading emails or books as the Fold "mini-tablet" works so well...very fast and responsive. Glad I disregarded the negative reviews and took the plunge...Samsung has really done a nice job with this revolutionary product!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Have been driving my Fold for 2+ weeks and concur with many others...it's an outstanding smartphone! Simply the best tech product that I've used in years. Rarely use my tablet now for reading emails or books as the Fold "mini-tablet" works so well...very fast and responsive. Glad I disregarded the negative reviews and took the plunge...Samsung has really done a nice job with this revolutionary product!
Glad you like it. I'll still wait and see long term results, still in the honeymoon stages. I'll also wait for other things such as the front screen needs to be bigger. Yes it's nice you can open it up, but I feel the more you open and close it there will be issues, time will tell on that theory. I want a bigger screen in front as that's what I'm used to now. For most things the phone gets used for, doing it on the front screen will be the easiest way, unless you just want to try to impress people. Replying to a text message, answering the phone, emailing, so on, there's just too much that the front screen is going to be the main one used IMO. For this reason I feel it's a novelty concept, neat to have, but it's mostly overkill, and expensive at that. Second, for what this device is intended to do with screen open, there was no excuse that there isn't a SD card slot in it.

I'll keep watching, as you're one of our beta testers for this. So far, not seeing to much traffic on here, hopefully there will be more. Next summer will be better results for reviews, wait for the newness to wear off, we tend not to see the negatives of things when they are new, that's for everything, not just the fold.

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I am really like the ability to use two apps at the same time, for fantasy football it is great to have your team open and your favorite rankings site. I can actually use the multiple app option. My Samsung Notes were tough and hard to use/see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress