Air Command, Multi Screen and Notification Panel stop working

sateesh desu

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Please assist with a problem I have with my samsung galaxy note 10.1 (2014).
All of a sudden the air command window does not pop up when i click the button on S pen. At the very same time, the multi screen option does not function and the notification panel does not slide down. Could not figure out why this happens. Cannot shut down either. When I hold the on/off button for long, I get shut down/restart options in a very different looking screen. Does not shut down the tab, when i select the OK option. Goes back to the previous screen. Seems to set itself right after some time. Cannot understand why it behaves this way. If any one has faced and resolved a similar problem, please help me and let me know how to resolve this. I am very happy with the tab otherwise.
Rgds.
Sateesh Desu

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd-party smart cover? Some covers with magnets are known to cause issues with the screen, especially on Notification pull-down and S-Pen use.

If your tablet won't turn off, just press and hold the power button for (I think) 10 seconds. The device should power off. If that doesn't work, try the same but pressing the Home button too (press the two buttons at the same time).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working. Unfortunately some 3rd party covers seem to have this kind of issue :( The ones I know that don't interfere are the Poetic line, VSTN, and Moko. I personally use a VSTN one without issues, and many use the Poetic line and also report no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member