Two Notes, One gmail for apps 2 gmails for contacts?

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Have a Note 2014, bought a new one for the wife, used my gmail so apps did not have to be repurchased but now all my contacts are on her tablet.

I would like to somehow set up her own gmail contacts and take mine off her machine without loosing my contacts. Basic question but I can't seem to find the answer, I want the same master account for apps, but separate accounts for apps.

Is it as simple as unlinking the contacts on hers, deleting them, creating her own gmail account, adding her contacts and linking them in the contact settings to the new "her" account. Or will deleting them delete them off my device even though I unlinked them first?

Can anyone point me to a step by step instruction link on this or tell me how to do it. Seems basic but I sure can't find the answer (mainly the answer to the issues "if I delete them off hers, will they be deleted off mine")

Thanks

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Have a Note 2014, bought a new one for the wife, used my gmail so apps did not have to be repurchased but now all my contacts are on her tablet.

I would like to somehow set up her own gmail contacts and take mine off her machine without loosing my contacts. Basic question but I can't seem to find the answer, I want the same master account for apps, but separate accounts for apps.

Is it as simple as unlinking the contacts on hers, deleting them, creating her own gmail account, adding her contacts and linking them in the contact settings to the new "her" account. Or will deleting them delete them off my device even though I unlinked them first?

Can anyone point me to a step by step instruction link on this or tell me how to do it. Seems basic but I sure can't find the answer (mainly the answer to the issues "if I delete them off hers, will they be deleted off mine")

Thanks

Seems to me the G-mail app is free (actually came on my tablet), and its really simple to create her own account... Takes all of 5 min. on GOOGLE * G-mail site....

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.google.android.gm&token=ZcRIHVQT

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?...gn=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

Suggest you delete your account/app off her tablet and start over.... Its simpler... The is no need for her to be under your account ... The idea of one master account puts limitations on you and her....Also if you don't you and her may always get each others mail.... And maybe she wants a personalized account (GOOGLE) because her needs are different than yours for online activities...

If you want to share APP's (purchased?) you can always "side load" them as I do for my wife's KINDLE which Amazon does not think some apps the Kindle needs....

Dale

Last edited:

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I may try that if I can not find another method, we both use Aquamail which lets you set up any Gmail any standard accounts you want, Gmail is not really an issue for us and I just use it for junk mail, I would like hers to auto update and when I buy apps be able to do it without swapping sd cards and so forth for sideloading.

Main thing I am trying to do is establish her contacts that don't interfere with mine.

Did it years ago on her last tablet, can't remember what I did, but hey, If I don't figure it out I will go your route, THANKS!