Won't connect to PC

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe I am writing this. This tablet is error/problem free except for connecting to a Dell desktop. Even after restarting both PC and tablet Windows 10 won't recognize the tablet. The message states 'The last device did not operate correctly therefore this device is not recognized'. I'm using the same cable as the 12.2 we have and my Droid phone. Both connect fine. This tablet did connect fine at one time but not in the last year. There is no damage to the tablet, setting (MTP) is selected. Obviously the tablet charges fine.

What am I doing wrong?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming the 12.2 is also a Samsung tablet?... meaning the Samsung drivers are installed? Might be the tablet usb port (data lines). Have you tested if any OTG device connects to the tablet?

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming the 12.2 is also a Samsung tablet?... meaning the Samsung drivers are installed? Might be the tablet usb port (data lines). Have you tested if any OTG device connects to the tablet?
Yes, it's the GNP 2014 edition. I thought the port might be the problem. I will try it on our daughter's laptop. Thanks.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
. The message states 'The last device did not operate correctly therefore this device is not recognized'. I'm using the same cable as the 12.2 we have and my Droid phone. Both connect fine. Obviously the tablet charges fine.
If your cable is fine with other Samsung devices, it should work with your Note 2014.
It's very common that USB port is charging fine but not with data connection or vice versa. You should try a new flex USB charging port as it's cheap, under $6, and easy to replace.
This is an example of a micro USB; if pin of data is damaged, your tablet is still be charged normally.
pinout-microUSB1.png
Charging Port Flex USB Connector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 1 2014 SM P600 P605 | eBay

Last edited:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
With correct driver installed in pc it should show up in "This PC" in Windows 10.... Works with my 10.1....

Dale