Pre-ordering with Best Buy

Casper4

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
Wow sorry to see all the problems with everyone getting their phones today. I also had bad luck with my shipped order. They shipped it out yesterday overnight from Albuquerque, NM but it missed the flight to the east coast. The beautiful blue color got me to pre-order with BB for the first time but it will be the last.

dee305sr

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
2 hours 18 mins yesterday and hung up, and 3+ hours today and finally got someone. Got the phone and feeling better.

now my status says this "We're sorry, we're working on it. If we can't get it to the store by Sun, September 22, we'll let you know and cancel the order."

im still on hold waiting for someone.. its been 3hrs and 55 mins

zoggybottom

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Picked up mine this morning, but BB was having major problems activating phones for people who pre-ordered online and had a trade in. Store pre-orders seemed to be going fine. Good luck!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I just got to BB next in line ...let’s go ! I’m unlocked so don’t expect issues ...sorry to hear the bad news for many here ...

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow crazy day at work , but I just happened to be close enough to my BB around 10ish . Walked in 1 guy ahead of me having issues finding his phone .
They found mine , had a small activation issue , they called sprint and got it takin care of and was out the door in 25min .
I didn't have time to do smart switch as my S8+ was having issue but Goggle transferred enough for me to get out the door.
My crazy day at work was mostly driving the DC/Balt-metro beltways and 95 so couldn't play while at redlights and work was well work was what it was so couldn't even play "much" in my accounts lol.
I use my BackupPro so starting that now but it will take days for me to get it just like I want I'm sure .

Good Luck to those still waiting.

dee305sr

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
i ended up canceling my order i dont care about the 150 promotion im not sitting next to the phone for 4 hrs again.. i got disconnected with them after waiting 4 hrs. never again!

bls819522

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
I had no issues with my Best Buy pick up at all. I got the pick up email last night about 10pm. Then rolled in around 1pm this afternoon on the way to work to get it, no issues was in and out in 10 minutes.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I’ve joined the party
7dad3fa6dd4cff9fdb94698c968cce02.jpg

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and went to pick up my Note 10+ earlier today. The phone wouldn't activate automatically and they tried calling Sprint and some other help lines they had available to them. No success with any of them and the phone doesn't show on my Sprint account. One of the people they called even suggested the phone is "burned" and would never work properly. BB offered to sell me another Note 10+ and give me the credits, however then I'd lose out on the Samsung pre-order bonus.

So, to make a long story even longer, they let me bring the phone home to see if the activation will automatically happen over the next day or two. If not, I can take it back.

I already submitted the Samsung pre-order credit thing so we'll see if that comes through.

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm hopeful this will just resolve itself.

bls819522

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and went to pick up my Note 10+ earlier today. The phone wouldn't activate automatically and they tried calling Sprint and some other help lines they had available to them. No success with any of them and the phone doesn't show on my Sprint account. One of the people they called even suggested the phone is "burned" and would never work properly. BB offered to sell me another Note 10+ and give me the credits, however then I'd lose out on the Samsung pre-order bonus.

So, to make a long story even longer, they let me bring the phone home to see if the activation will automatically happen over the next day or two. If not, I can take it back.

I already submitted the Samsung pre-order credit thing so we'll see if that comes through.

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm hopeful this will just resolve itself.
Sorry to hear this happened. I have AT&T and I didnt have them activate it but I got on my app and had it active in 30 seconds no problem. Hopefully it gets fixed for ya and you get the credits you deserve.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
As an FYI about using the Best Buy issued sim card:

I left the store with my device and activated at home with the new preinstalled sim card Best Buy issued me. Something told me to hold onto my old sim and I'm glad I did.

I got home and realized my Verizon mobile hotspot was not activating. After being on the phone with Verizon tier 2 tech support for 45 minutes, I got creative.

I grabbed my old sim that I had taken out of my previous Note 8 that was released to Best Buy, popped it in my phone after tech support reactivated it and wallah I was back up and running. Verizon tech support guy was somewhat frustrated as I simply thought this thing through even though he doubted it would work.

So yeah Best Buy sim card issues definately affected us Verizon customers as well.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
We went to our local BB and got Wife's Aura Glow 10+ the longest part was porting her stuff between phones since she was trading in her S8+. took about 45min total. not rushed or crowded.

Cheers,
BR

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've heard about popping in the old sim card, but unfortunately I traded in my old phone and left it in there. This is a new line though so maybe that wouldn't have helped.

I did notice if I enter my IMEI on the sprint site it locates the device and the SIM card, however it's only letting me pick a new plan and not add to an existing.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
now my status says this "We're sorry, we're working on it. If we can't get it to the store by Sun, September 22, we'll let you know and cancel the order."

im still on hold waiting for someone.. its been 3hrs and 55 mins

Were yours unlock or carrier-branded?

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As an FYI about using the Best Buy issued sim card:

I left the store with my device and activated at home with the new preinstalled sim card Best Buy issued me. Something told me to hold onto my old sim and I'm glad I did.

I got home and realized my Verizon mobile hotspot was not activating. After being on the phone with Verizon tier 2 tech support for 45 minutes, I got creative.

I grabbed my old sim that I had taken out of my previous Note 8 that was released to Best Buy, popped it in my phone after tech support reactivated it and wallah I was back up and running. Verizon tech support guy was somewhat frustrated as I simply thought this thing through even though he doubted it would work.

So yeah Best Buy sim card issues definately affected us Verizon customers as well.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened with mine. We end up using my old SIM, everything started to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez