Switched from iphone

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
If true about the battery, I am very impressed. The xs max battery was its biggest drawback. Adding 50 percent battery life is a big deal. And it's now priced the same as the n10+ effectively. To me the biggest differentiator remains the 6.8 inch screen which is noticeably bigger than the max.

Not really true. They are not priced same. Note 10 plus comes with 256gb as base storage.

Peter Dayeh

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
I use Pulse. Whatever I choose seems to work. You just need to deactivate iMessage when you switch to Android or you might run into problems.

Not just deactivate...be sure to DEREGISTER your number from imessage on apple's site:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

I always do this when i switch back and forth and haven't had any issues. Not sure it's completely necessary, as deactivating it may be enough, but i choose to take no chances lol.

Peter Dayeh

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
I'd love to swap out the iPhone x for the Pro Max .. and carry the best two big boys in town .. lol

Just things that annoys me .. Samsung gives me $600 for trade in and Apple wants to give me $400 wtf .. lol I know I can sell it but trade in perks are awesome with Samsung ..

Why 64GB low storage iPhone come on let's get 128GB minimum... Again I have cloud storage but stop trying to cheap out on us ...

the storage is what really bothers me...seriously? 64GB? for the $$$ they're asking that's actually insulting. They claim this phone is for video creators and blah blah blah...good luck making a 4k60 video with 64gb storage. certainly not "pro" to me. last year i bought a XS Max after i bought my note 9 and this year i have absolutely no desire to get the 11 pro max. my note 10+ is beast!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Not just deactivate...be sure to DEREGISTER your number from imessage on apple's site:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

I always do this when i switch back and forth and haven't had any issues. Not sure it's completely necessary, as deactivating it may be enough, but i choose to take no chances lol.

That's not necessary anymore. Apple fixed that issue a couple years ago. As long as you turn off both FaceTime and iMessage you should be good to go.

pauly814

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I've always had issues activating iMessgae on an old iPhone that does not have service/SIM. Any info on how to successfully do this without issue?...I was thinking I would need an iPod touch to use iMessage just on wifi

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Im sad to be saying this, but Samsung screwed me pretty hard on the Note 10 and my trade in. It's a long story but in short my iPhone XR is on its way back to me and I'm returning my Note 10 which is past the 15 days window.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Same exact situation. Did the return label they sent you include the full price including what they charged you when they declined your trade? Mine didn't.
Im sad to be saying this, but Samsung screwed me pretty hard on the Note 10 and my trade in. It's a long story but in short my iPhone XR is on its way back to me and I'm returning my Note 10 which is past the 15 days window.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Seems quite a few are speaking about the new iPhone. So...

Honestly, to me, if you have an iPhone XS Max and such, why bother with the 11?

I did not see anything revealed that was a 'must have'.
At least they, Apple, are offering a decent trade-in price for the XS Max. So, there's that...
But the 11 comes in purple.

jetman5843

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I switched from iPhone XS Max to Note 10+. Use Google's texting app--Google Messages. It never crashes and you can use it on your browser!

I caught the Cliff's notes version of the Apple event today and the iPhone 11 Max Pro Max XS Max...whatever the hell they call it, seemed lackluster.
Messages on the web is awesome! Works great!

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I am eyeing that purple one. With my XS Max trade-in I can get it for $250.

You're quick - deleted post with intention of re-posting

That is not a bad price for a new phone - they only accept iPhones for trade ins.

You'd have to get a case that shows off the purple - I'm thinking of getting a white Pixel 4XL with the black sides - need a clear case to show that off too - life is tough in the world of non-black phones - :cool:

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You're quick - deleted post with intention of re-posting

That is not a bad price for a new phone - they only accept iPhones for trade ins.

You'd have to get a case that shows off the purple - I'm thinking of getting a white Pixel 4XL with the black sides - need a clear case to show that off too - life is tough in the world of non-black phones - :cool:
Probably going to go caseless with a clear back skin. I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like my Pixel 3 so my interest in the 4 is meh. I did see the colors and the white one looks nice.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Probably going to go caseless with a clear back skin. I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like my Pixel 3 so my interest in the 4 is meh. I did see the colors and the white one looks nice.

You're not alone there. For some reason Pixels have never interested me.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

It is nice to have the choices we do - I prefer the P3XL to the 10+ 52-48 - close call. Case less is not an option for me - phones are to slippery for me to handle.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It is nice to have the choices we do - I prefer the P3XL to the 10+ 52-48 - close call. Case less is not an option for me - phones are to slippery for me to handle.

I agree, having all these choices are great. Unfortunately, it’s not great for my bank account.

What gives the Pixel the edge for you?

On topic: I switch back and forth often and never stay with one phone for long.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I agree, having all these choices are great. Unfortunately, it’s not great for my bank account.

What gives the Pixel the edge for you?

On topic: I switch back and forth often and never stay with one phone for long.

Pixel XL is just a teenie weenie bit smaller for a more comfy hand fit. I was getting a new Pixel yearly until the last year when my addiction took over and I got more than 1 - I got more than --- - well let's stop at 1