Switched from iphone

uawildcat

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
HI everyone,

Has anyone recently switched from Iphone to the Note 10+ and stayed with it? I have tried but I keep going back.

Im starting to get tired of apple and need a change. The problem I usually with samsung is that the text messenger app usually stalls and the app quits.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My girlfreind and I switched over from the iPhone's to the note's and we couldn't be happier! There is so much more that this phone can do than the iPhone! Even made it past the 2 week return period lol. I haven't had any issues with the stock messaging app failing or not responding.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I switch back and forth constantly. At the moment I have the XS Max, Note 10+, HTC U12+, and a couple backup Android phones. I do okay with Samsung's stock app, but Textra is my favorite 3rd party app. You can even set it to use iOS style emoji if you don't like Google's or Samsung's. If you decide to make the switch and have any questions, let me know!

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
HI everyone,

Has anyone recently switched from Iphone to the Note 10+ and stayed with it? I have tried but I keep going back.

Im starting to get tired of apple and need a change. The problem I usually with samsung is that the text messenger app usually stalls and the app quits.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Try Textra, if you do, mess with the setting, it has many options. One my favorite settings is that I can set my text messages to delay sending up to 9 seconds, just in case I make a mistake.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I use Pulse. Whatever I choose seems to work. You just need to deactivate iMessage when you switch to Android or you might run into problems.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Can you give us more info... Does it stall all the time ? On wifi ? Or mobile or both? Texting on outgoing ? Are you getting text timely from both Android and iOS friends ? I use Google messages all my Android phones

uawildcat

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I dont get timely text from IOs friends. That's after deactivating Facetime and Imessage. It happens at random times wether its on wifi or cellular.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I dont get timely text from IOs friends. That's after deactivating Facetime and Imessage. It happens at random times wether its on wifi or cellular.

Ok, let me give you the lowdown on how I handle it, and I don't run into problems anymore. Anyone that uses iOS go into the Messages app and delete those text threads, then go into the Settings and turn off FaceTime and iMessage. Then turn off the phone and remove the sim. After you put the sim in your Android phone do a quick test with someone that uses iMessage to make sure everything is working properly. If you plan on keeping your iPhone you can then boot the iPhone back up and turn on iMessage again. You'll still be able to use iMessage with folks from your iPhone as long as they have your email saved in their contacts.

I'm an Ambassador over on iMore and have a group chat going with some of the Mods, Trusted Members, and Ambassadors, so I can still keep that going on my iPhone while my sim is in my Android phone.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Ok, let me give you the lowdown on how I handle it, and I don't run into problems anymore. Anyone that uses iOS go into the Messages app and delete those text threads, then go into the Settings and turn off FaceTime and iMessage. Then turn off the phone and remove the sim. After you put the sim in your Android phone do a quick test with someone that uses iMessage to make sure everything is working properly. If you plan on keeping your iPhone you can then boot the iPhone back up and turn on iMessage again. You'll still be able to use iMessage with folks from your iPhone as long as they have your email saved in their contacts.

I'm an Ambassador over on iMore and have a group chat going with some of the Mods, Trusted Members, and Ambassadors, so I can still keep that going on my iPhone while my sim is in my Android phone.
I also remember something about turning off iMessage on website too !

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I also remember something about turning off iMessage on website too !

Yeah, at one point you had to de-register iMessage from Apple's servers, but they fixed that a couple years ago. It automatically de-registers when you turn it off on the phone now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I didn't know that , ambassador over there awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non