Holding home button won't bring up recent apps

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with this? Never happened with my s3 but sometimes it works but most it does not. I'll get a haptic feedback but nothing on screen

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You are holding it wrong:p Kidding! Never had that one. Try a reboot? Not using any task apps are you?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
silly question..is it safe to delete those "recent apps" boxes. Only asking because I heard it's bad to force quit apps.

I do periodically without any ill effects. It is baked into the os...so it should be fine. Once a day I kill em all.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wtf lol you guys jinxed my note....it's been working perfectly and I just tried it and nothing is coming up :s

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope stock everything. For a second I was like how else can you press it

This is happening to me a lot lately. Seems to happen at least every other day.
Are you running the stock launcher?
I'm running a 3rd party launcher and was about to do a factory reset. If others are having the same issue, then a factory reset probably won't help much.
Rebooting my phone will bring it back, but I'm finding myself having to do that too often.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's been happening to me off and on since I've owned the device (December 2012 - June 2013 ).
I did a Hard Reset the other day and decided to leave off a few apps I felt may be a little buggy.
What apps do you all have installed that you feel might be the cause.
If it's a 3rd party app that's causing this, then maybe we can pinpoint it.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
On my international version this happened to me quite a bit. There was a system update and it went away for a while but eventually came back. There was another system update not long after that and ever sense then it hasn't been a problem for me.

I'm guessing if you have this problem you are all on carrier versions of the note 2?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
On my international version this happened to me quite a bit. There was a system update and it went away for a while but eventually came back. There was another system update not long after that and ever sense then it hasn't been a problem for me.

I'm guessing if you have this problem you are all on carrier versions of the note 2?

Yes, I have a carrier version (Verizon).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2