How many GN2 owners also own Apple products?

How many Apple products do you personally own right now?

• Total voters

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
private, so only personal. no intention of going to commercial, etc. I'm running WingX in the cockpit. You can't beat its $200 3/year subscription price.

Cool, I'm in Australia and I'm planning to get my recreational license.

Ps. Sorry to be off-topic!

Tom

thehikingdude

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have owned computers and electronics since the days of the Atari 2600 and the Radio Shack TRS-80. I have NEVER owned an Apple product. I've never found a single Apple product that I'd want to buy. At this point I'd never buy one simply due to how they compete via lawsuits. So pathetic.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have owned computers and electronics since the days of the Atari 2600 and the Radio Shack TRS-80. I have NEVER owned an Apple product. I've never found a single Apple product that I'd want to buy. At this point I'd never buy one simply due to how they compete via lawsuits. So pathetic.

it's ok if you have some other bias against apple, many people have stated that on these forums. but to say you won't buy apple products because of how they compete via lawsuits seems disingenuous to me. there are countless tech companies that operate this way, even google has violated their own we won't sue for patent infringement pledge by suing for patent infringement against BT. you must be confusing our intellectual property laws and rules of enforcement with other well regulated countries, like china.

thehikingdude

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
it's ok if you have some other bias against apple, many people have stated that on these forums. but to say you won't buy apple products because of how they compete via lawsuits seems disingenuous to me. there are countless tech companies that operate this way, even google has violated their own we won't sue for patent infringement pledge by suing for patent infringement against BT. you must be confusing our intellectual property laws and rules of enforcement with other well regulated countries, like china.
No confusion here. If Apple could patent shapes like a circle, they would sue tire manufacturers, etc. In no way do I suggest that other companies don't practice this. It's the rate at which Apple does it and their seemingly never ending fight to end Android at all costs that now bugs me. These are recent thoughts based on reality. In the past my decisions were made based on technology alone, which I don't have the time to get into detail right now. I will say it started decades ago when I chose to get a Franklin Ace 1000 instead of an Apple II+. There has ALWAYS been something better technically to choose from IMHO, so why would I choose Apple? That's a rhetorical question, not looking for you to provide an answer.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
No confusion here. If Apple could patent shapes like a circle, they would sue tire manufacturers, etc. In no way do I suggest that other companies don't practice this. It's the rate at which Apple does it and their seemingly never ending fight to end Android at all costs that now bugs me. These are recent thoughts based on reality. In the past my decisions were made based on technology alone, which I don't have the time to get into detail right now. I will say it started decades ago when I chose to get a Franklin Ace 1000 instead of an Apple II+. There has ALWAYS been something better technically to choose from IMHO, so why would I choose Apple? That's a rhetorical question, not looking for you to provide an answer.

I suppose you don't buy anything off of amazon either, right? since they patented the "one-click" buying "technology", they have enforced it by going after anyone that uses one-click of the mouse to buy anything (ask Barnes and Noble). oh, apple actually licensed the "technology" from amazon for their itunes store. so i guess apple plays hard, but i guess they abide by the rules too. that first sentence was rhetorical by the way, wasn't looking for you to answer it. i'm on top of my intellectual property cases.

thehikingdude

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I suppose you don't buy anything off of amazon either, right? since they patented the "one-click" buying "technology", they have enforced it by going after anyone that uses one-click of the mouse to buy anything (ask Barnes and Noble). oh, apple actually licensed the "technology" from amazon for their itunes store. so i guess apple plays hard, but i guess they abide by the rules too. that first sentence was rhetorical by the way, wasn't looking for you to answer it. i'm on top of my intellectual property cases.
Didn't know you were the Forum Police. Sorry I ever said anything. And no, I do not use the One-Click option on Amazon. You are going to have to find someone else to harass. I won't be sharing my thoughts or opinions again.

internettoughguy.jpg

EDIT: Happy to see this site offers the IGNORE function. See ya, well not really.

Last edited:

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know you were the Forum Police. Sorry I ever said anything. And no, I do not use the One-Click option on Amazon. You are going to have to find someone else to harass. I won't be sharing my thoughts or opinions again.

http://miltownkid.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/internettoughguy.jpg

EDIT: Happy to see this site offers the IGNORE function. See ya, well not really.

didn't know you were so thin-skinned that you had to resort to that kind of attack. oh well.

my point was, because you obviously missed, is if you have an anti-apple bias, which you do, then state it. don't give us this bullcrap that you're not into apple because of their practice on patents. if you just said (which you ultimately did) that your anti-apple slant started decades ago, then great, that would've been a genuine response.

but to assume that because you are on an android forum and that everything here is anti-apple, and that you can lay out any old anti-apple rant to seemingly join in on the "group" was obviously disingenuous.

PS. Amazon one-click is not a subsidiary. And since you answered the question the way you did, I guess you buy stuff on amazon when you should've been going elsewhere to buy your stuff, according to your patent enforcing logic. I welcome your comments and thoughts, just be forthcoming. If you said outright that apple has always had inferior technology since the days of Franklin, then that would've been cool because everyone knows that. But not all the stuff was compatible, btw, such as running pascal-based software like Hayes' smartmodem on Franklin.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. I personally own an iPad 3 retina. My son owns an iPhone 4S and my daughter owns the original iPad. But for me personally, I only have the iPad.

Own; yes. USE, NO! I despise Apple. My wife and I have about 10 or 11 ipods (many different models). Never use them anymore. I will never buy anything else from Apple, regardless of how giddy other people get over Apple stuff. I saw the original iPad on launch day and was not happy with how heavy it was. I'm still amazed it sells so well, but what do I know???

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
iPad 4, iPhone 5, Macbook Pro Retina.
Amusing to see all the anti-apple comments when anyone who has been to Google know that Macbook Pro's are the standard issue there. Also at Motorola where you have the choice of a Macbook Pro or HP workstation laptop. I suppose you could use a cheap PC laptop with Microsoft's latest mediocrity of an OS but really life is too short. At least use Linux if you aren't using OS X but you still won't find an equal PC laptop even if you pay far more than for a MBP as in the HP workstation series.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much.

Own; yes. USE, NO! I despise Apple. My wife and I have about 10 or 11 ipods (many different models). Never use them anymore. I will never buy anything else from Apple, regardless of how giddy other people get over Apple stuff. I saw the original iPad on launch day and was not happy with how heavy it was. I'm still amazed it sells so well, but what do I know???

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
iPad 3, MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, Apple TV
I was starting to get fed up with issues I was having on previous Android phones, and was ready to try out an iPhone for the first time when the iPhone 5 was about to come out. When my upgrade came around the Note 2 came out, and everyone was saying how smooth Jelly Bean was. Played around with the Note 2, and was sold. No iPhone for me. All the other Apple products I have are fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Nah I don't

Would probably pick up an ipad if I found a decent deal though. Used to use an ipod but the Cowon mp3 sound quality really blows everything else away at the sacrifise of a good ui and build quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member