Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped Samsung Galaxy Note GT- N7000

Steele13

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i am using samsung galaxy note GT- N7000 with android version 4.0.4

whenever i use messaging. after a few hours or sending / receiving messages. my phone freezes for about 10 seconds then the error "Unfortunately, messaging has stopped" appears. after i click ok. and try to open messaging again. all my conversations are gone. and when i try to create a new message i can not send and the same error happens. the only way to get it back working is when i restart my phone. in which case this happens 2 or 3 times a day. every effin day! so i have to restart it everytime!

i have tried the clear cache in applications, i have tried using 3rd party messaging disabling the system mesaging, still the error persist. i have tried restore factory settings, and the hard reset options, still the same issue happens. other apps, features are working fine. just except messaging,

i am calling to anyone who can help me with this issue. i fancy the jellybean update will solve the issue but the update is not yet available in my region. while the messaging error thing is bugging me to death! PLEASE HELP! :(...........

Steele13

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Nabooly are you using the same phone? tried to reset my phone mate but still the issue persist. i suppose rooting a new rom will do the trick. if you ever found a way please!

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Considering you are still on a very old version of JB, rooting would be your best bet until you get an official update from your carrier.
From 4.0.x to 4.1.2, there should have been some improvements or fixes for the issue that you are experiencing.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Nabooly are you using the same phone? tried to reset my phone mate but still the issue persist. i suppose rooting a new rom will do the trick. if you ever found a way please!
Yep,, Note 2 on Verizon.

Considering you are still on a very old version of JB, rooting would be your best bet until you get an official update from your carrier.
From 4.0.x to 4.1.2, there should have been some improvements or fixes for the issue that you are experiencing.

I'm on 4.1.2 and I have the exact same thing happening. :(

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I get this too but it's not on a daily basis. Every couple of days at the most. I have noticed applications that never force closed on my RAZR HD now close far to often to the point that I'm getting annoyed with this phone that's other wise great.

SiriusXM is the main application that I can think of but there are others.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Phone reset didn't do anything. Same issues. I'm going to give Verizon a call. :/

How often is this happening? I wouldn't accept a CLNR unless necessary because my experience is that they're terrible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

How often is this happening? I wouldn't accept a CLNR unless necessary because my experience is that they're terrible.

I'm restarting my phone about 3 to 4 times a day now. It's ridiculous.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Try and remove the Sd card and see if it still happens. If so change the SIM. A replacement should be the last resort since they're terrible.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Try and remove the Sd card and see if it still happens. If so change the SIM. A replacement should be the last resort since they're terrible.

I'll try removing the SD card and see if that helps any. If not do you think Verizon would send me a new replacement (ie. not an CLNR)? Especially since I bought this thing full price...lol

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll try removing the SD card and see if that helps any. If not do you think Verizon would send me a new replacement (ie. not an CLNR)? Especially since I bought this thing full price...lol

No chance. Verizon isn't technically responsible for sending out devices to the begin with. Samsung provides the warranty and Verizon is basically the "middle-man" and ships them out. Sadly, Samsung isn't doing a great job on the CLNR nor is Motorola to be honest. I paid full price for a RAZR Maxx HD and went through 4 replacements but that was unnecessary as the issue I was experiencing wasn't so much a device issue but software related. Still, they insisted and than after that I received a Note II as a replacement. You can see my concerns and experience with CLNR devices in the following thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/252179-i-have-worst-luck-clnr.html

I hope the issue you're experiencing may be from the SD Card. Did you use the SD Card with any other phones? If it turns out to be the issue you should back everything up (Photos and Music) and than format the card.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No chance. Verizon isn't technically responsible for sending out devices to the begin with. Samsung provides the warranty and Verizon is basically the "middle-man" and ships them out. Sadly, Samsung isn't doing a great job on the CLNR nor is Motorola to be honest. I paid full price for a RAZR Maxx HD and went through 4 replacements but that was unnecessary as the issue I was experiencing wasn't so much a device issue but software related. Still, they insisted and than after that I received a Note II as a replacement. You can see my concerns and experience with CLNR devices in the following thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/252179-i-have-worst-luck-clnr.html

I hope the issue you're experiencing may be from the SD Card. Did you use the SD Card with any other phones? If it turns out to be the issue you should back everything up (Photos and Music) and than format the card.

Well if I deal with Samsung won't they have me send in my phone before I receive the replacement?

PS...nice TSX! I had the Vortex Blue Pearl and ended up totaling it, and now I'm driving an 09 TL. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well if I deal with Samsung won't they have me send in my phone before I receive the replacement?

PS...nice TSX! I had the Vortex Blue Pearl and ended up totaling it, and now I'm driving an 09 TL. :)

Yes, so that's why I say only send phone to Verizon if all steps fail.

And thank you. I'm a huge Honda and Acura fanatic. Its a 2012 TSX with Tech Package.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone did another one of those reboots while updating Tapatalk. Oddly enough when it comes back on its like nothing happened but WiFi has to reconnect. What the heck is wrong with my phone?

Denisse Singzon

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
At last, I found this thread. I've been experiencing this too. My galaxy note 2 is Jb 4.1.2. The 1st time I bought it, the messaging usually stops and my messages will be deleted, and upon restarting, all the messages will be back. I went to samsung and they reinstall the system, but unfortunately, the same issue is still happening so I decided to let my unit be replaced. Upon getting the replacement, same thing is still happening. i think the problem is with the android, not with the device.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
At last, I found this thread. I've been experiencing this too. My galaxy note 2 is Jb 4.1.2. The 1st time I bought it, the messaging usually stops and my messages will be deleted, and upon restarting, all the messages will be back. I went to samsung and they reinstall the system, but unfortunately, the same issue is still happening so I decided to let my unit be replaced. Upon getting the replacement, same thing is still happening. i think the problem is with the android, not with the device.

Did you replace the SIM Card? I had many Force Close issues and reboots on every CLNR so I had Verizon send me my RAZR HD back and sold it for nearly $430. I went and bought my first NEW Note II and while it has creaks due to the plastic it appears all applications run as intended. My point here is that at the same time I had the Verizon employee swap out my SIM for a new one just in case because 6 CLNR had your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress