Not getting the s4

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
After reading intial reviews and watching product demos ive come away with this one thought, my note 2 is just fine...for now.

Yes it had a 1080p screen and a few other bells and whistles but it will never beat the battery life I have. Thats the big one for me.

What are others thoughts on the subject.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with your Note being fine... For now.

There isn't, at least for me enough to make me wanna get it. Or feel like I HAVE to have it. A few kinda cool features, but stuff I'd probably try to disable after some point.

And as for the design... Well yeah, I totally understand & agree!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Most of the features will be ported over to the note and s3 anyway... :/

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would get it if I still had my S3. But I have the Note 2. I really like my N2 and don't feel a need to get rid of it for what the S4 is bringing to the table.

I was hoping to talk my husband into getting it (he's still packing a Skyrocket) and letting me play with it. But he's the type that keeps a phone until it physically breaks and he keeps his Skyrocket in an OtterBox defender. So I think for once I'm going to skip on a new phone.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Most of the new stuff are just things that we have been using via third party apps,, they were simply just baked in. I see no wow factor in this device. Don't get me wrong, very nice device. The translator is pretty cool but the camera has new stuff that no one will use much,, just look cool at first glance. It is a definite upgrade for s3 people just for the bigger screen alone, but if I were to get this device instead of my note i would consider it a down grade.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Most of the new stuff are just things that we have been using via third party apps,, they were simply just baked in. I see no wow factor in this device. Don't get me wrong, very nice device. The translator is pretty cool but the camera has new stuff that no one will use much,, just look cool at first glance. It is a definite upgrade for s3 people just for the bigger screen alone, but if I were to get this device instead of my note i would consider it a down grade.

It is an upgrade, but to me, it is more of a "mid year" type upgrade than a new wow model, to me at least

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I read that Sammy has announced that most of the features will be ported to the SIII and the Note 2, specifically the ones that are not hardware dependent like the IR blaster. I am a phone junkie and typically lust over the latest and greatest. I think the Note 2 has cured me, I think the S4 is a great looking device with nice specs, but I am content with my Note 2 (my wife is happy with my Note 2 too, as the bank account wont drain down this time).

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the note 2 is still the best phone out there. I had the s3 when it first came out. Took a upgrade from my wifes mother and got the note 2. Best 350 I've ever spent!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE MY NOTE2. I have so many colors in the flip case. As bad as I am with shoes and handbags. Lol
This phone does it all and more!
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The S4 has some nice features the more I hear about them. I still prefer the size and stylus features of the Note 2 but I look forward to many of the S4 photo, video and social features coming to the Note line.

Riding a Note 2 blast

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well,,,, looks I'm the only one here that's going to switch from my Note 2 to the GS4,,,,,, the reason, I just need a bit smaller, more of a one hand friendly device.

Cheers
Davyo

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well,,,, looks I'm the only one here that's going to switch from my Note 2 to the GS4,,,,,, the reason, I just need a bit smaller, more of a one hand friendly device.

Cheers
Davyo

That's a valid reason for sure. The large size is not for everyone. The s4 seems to be the perfect size for those who do not want the extra large device,, it's right on that border.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't really need to start a topic to just say you won't be getting it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
definitely not getting the s4 because I a sure it will fall short for the LTE version like the s3 did so im happy with my note 2 until the note 3 comes out or the s5.