Screen rotation for home screens?

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to make the screen rotation also work on home and lock screens (as well as apps list/screens)? The way iOS does it, i.e. not only within running apps. I found a how-to somewhere, about how you have to change some setting in a configuration file, but my Note 2 doesn't have that file at all (I believe the instructions were for a Nexus).

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a good app in the app store to allow you to do this. I had used it before. I'm sorry I don't remember the name but yes,, it is possible. I'm sure someone will let you know which app it is.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
.There's an app called ultimate rotation control that I had on my Nexus7 and it worked flawlessly, not sure how it will work on the N2 but I'd say it's worth a shot

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ultimate rotation kind of sucks. It works but when in lanscape it doesnt resize icons so it ends up cutting off whole rows of apps.

I tried go launcher ex but I decided that was a bit to much customizing for me. Now I use apex launcher. I get the same feel as touchwiz but I can go landscape and nothing is cut off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I use go launcher ex because I like the really cool themes and ability to customize it to your liking. I didn't even know there was this many options! This phone is really great! Hope you find something that works for you.But I no longer use the stock Touchwiz.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
hmmm it didn't do that on my N7

Try it with the note 2. When you go to landscape mode go to one of the other screens other than the home screen. More than half the apps cut get off because the rotation app does not resize the icons to fit.

Apex does work and that is what I am using now along with my smart dock. This phone is a fully functioning computer with the dock.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Try it with the note 2. When you go to landscape mode go to one of the other screens other than the home screen. More than half the apps cut get off because the rotation app does not resize the icons to fit.

Apex does work and that is what I am using now along with my smart dock. This phone is a fully functioning computer with the dock.

I loaded ultimate rotation control to my N2 and can say it's working flawlessly just like it did in my N7. My phone is stock and I've got rotation control set on forced auto and it's not cutting anything off.

Sent thru cyber space by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ultimate rotation control works perfect on my note 2 no need for apex now I like touchwiz anyways

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use go launcher ex because I like the really cool themes and ability to customize it to your liking. I didn't even know there was this many options! This phone is really great! Hope you find something that works for you.But I no longer use the stock Touchwiz.

So Go launcher is how you made your fonts the way they are?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to make the screen rotation also work on home and lock screens (as well as apps list/screens)? The way iOS does it, i.e. not only within running apps.
Unless it's an iOS 6 thing, the home screens don't rotate, and some apps won't either.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Unless it's an iOS 6 thing, the home screens don't rotate, and some apps won't either.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

I believe ios only does it for the ipads. Ive had 4 iphones prior to the gn2 and they didnt rotate on the homescreens from what I remember.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
a6etynam.jpg

Happens with ultimate and adaptive apps mentioned in this thread.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The above is exactly what happens on my phone when I use ultimate rotation with touchwiz. Now I use a combination of apex launcher and rotation. Apex resizes apps so nothing gets cut off. I only use rotation for the quick access of lanscape without going into apex settings to make it landscape. Makes things easier when using the smart dock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress