Slow Charging and Super Fast Battery Drain Note 2

mver

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, did your battery drain problem got sorted out??

I used the Galaxy Charging app and found out that the current was only at 400 tops. Then a crazy idea went into my mind. I used the BlackBerry USB Cable. And Voila. It's soo much better co it became 1000. I don't know but... I'm now havimg doubts about Samsung. The hard ware is very cheap. I mean. My BlackBerry USB Cable is like 5 years old, and the samsung one is less than a year.
And anyone knows how I can make my carrier replace my handset? I still like Samsung GN2. But I want them to replace it with a new one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

c_gaye

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly, like yesterday, my phone takes forever to charge, and drains in half a day, sort of like the iCrap did. I've checked and found it is charging in USB mode, but I am unable to fix it by unplugging and re-plugging, as you suggested. I also removed the debugging in Developer Options, as someone else suggested. Still a problem. Any more advice? I'm going to buy a new cable while I'm out today.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly, like yesterday, my phone takes forever to charge, and drains in half a day, sort of like the iCrap did. I've checked and found it is charging in USB mode, but I am unable to fix it by unplugging and re-plugging, as you suggested. I also removed the debugging in Developer Options, as someone else suggested. Still a problem. Any more advice? I'm going to buy a new cable while I'm out today.

Aw. All I could think of is the USB cable.
Hopefully that works. Also try the good old battery pull and stuff. Might help too.
I have been trying to get my hands on a wireless charger. But ain't able to find out if the note 2 works with it.

djkdawg

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
get some rubbing alcohol and clean the usb charging port on your note 2, probably is dirty inside of the port, it should be shinny inside of it, if it looks dusty, corroded or just not shinny, clean it real good, i was having that issue and it was because of the charger port being dirty, probably from pocket lint , no telling.

Brandon James 503

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently downloaded an app call Voxer so I could walkie talkie my frinds on xbox while playing search and destroy. For this I had to turn off my screen time out, and that is what Ibelieve what causes your battery to charge slowly. I just switched mine back to 15sec time out and Iits charging like normal. Might be that same issue for battery dying quickly.

Sami Sami1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,
I have same problem but when I tried charging with another charger its fast charging and delayed discharge. I think the problem is with charger and not note2.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Simple check if your issues just started. Go to your google play store and check recent updates. Make a list of all apps starting with apps updated around the time you first started having issues. Next go to stock taskmanager app and see if any apps are running that shouldnt be. One recent problem app is google play music, even if it you shut it off it will auto restart. It also uses cpu cycles which in turn use more power. Things like this will help you figure out battery drain

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Perry Payne

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Slow Charging and Super Fast Battery Drain Note 2 - SOLUTION

Great thread - I found the culprit in the case of my Note 2 draining in a matter of 6 hours - installed the GSam Battery Monitor and it showed the Exchange Service using 90+% of battery resources - tried everything to fix it short of the factory reset or rooting. Long story short, I disabled it and the problem went away...but so did my corporate email. So my solution was to buy the Touchdown client (I have no affiliation - they were rated highly on play store and gave a 30 day free trial). It cost me $20, but back to multi-day battery life was worth it.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Where can I see if it's AC or USB? I go to settings, Battery and it just shows all of battery usage

Hello.
Yeah, you're on the right page.
Now, try to look at the top side of the screen.
Where in it shows you the battery life percentage. It will show "##% - Charging (☆☆)"
The ☆ represents the AC or USB.

I highlighted it for you in the screenie. :)

(You have to be charging to see it though.)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379472081232.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379472081232.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 28

exaberchek

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
For what its worth I'd like to sharr my battery blues with you guys; I have had a samsung note 2 for about 5 months. Up until yesterday I was getting almost 2 full days between charges. Used mainly for reading, web browsing and general use....about 5 hours each day.....overnight would only lose 2% to 3 % of battery life. But last night charging light (red) was not constantly on whilst charging....when full charged....about 9pm....I swtched off wifi and killed*apps...lost almost 30 % overnight. I have not changed anything on my phone.....any thoughts?

Last edited:

exaberchek

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi...I have a similar problem with battery drainage. ...I have owned my samsung note 2 for around 5 months....power seems to have almost halved....the only apps I think that I most recently downloaded were google music (now didabled) and today calender widget...last night charged the phone and took it off charge at 100% at around 9pm. I did a kill app....in the morning it was down by almost 30 %.....normally I have only ever lost 2 or 3 % overnight while in sleep mode.....could it be a faulty battery? Also does usage while charging affect battery performance? Not sure what to do other than to disable/ remove those apps recently installed and see what happens.......when I first got this phone I was amazed at how long the battery lasted........

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi...I have a similar problem with battery drainage. ...I have owned my samsung note 2 for around 5 months....power seems to have almost halved....the only apps I think that I most recently downloaded were google music (now didabled) and today calender widget...last night charged the phone and took it off charge at 100% at around 9pm. I did a kill app....in the morning it was down by almost 30 %.....normally I have only ever lost 2 or 3 % overnight while in sleep mode.....could it be a faulty battery? Also does usage while charging affect battery performance? Not sure what to do other than to disable/ remove those apps recently installed and see what happens.......when I first got this phone I was amazed at how long the battery lasted........

Hello. Based on your scenario that the red light wasn't on all the time. I guess it is either with the usb cable, charger, or socket. Any of the three could not be delivering electricity continiously. Try a diferrent socket, then a different usb cable, then a dirrent wall charger. Also make sure that the charging indicator ia at AC and not USB.
(Check screenie above.)

sygys

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I think i know what the problem is with this strange problem. For a long while i only charges it with the orriginal charger. it would charge in under 3 hours from 0 to 100%

Last few months I started charging my Phone in the car charger from brodit. As from then i started seeing problems.

Switching between both chargers seems to confuse the Phone somehow. Also in car i mostly charge only 10 % until im home. These factors i think are the problem.

Last night the note 2 had 34% charge left when i put it on the AC charger. 8 hours later the battery indicator showed 66%. before charging i cleared ram and stopped all processes. so nothing was running.

I think there is a huge bug in the battery charging software.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you use ANY charger other than what comes with the phone as stock it will likely charge slowly. The note 2 stock charger is a 2 amp charger. No car charger puts out 2 amps nor a pc for that matter. Usb ports put out 5volts dc .5amps.

Also there is documentation that shows the usb cord that comes with the note 2 is higher quality as well. So a different usb charging cable may be your culprit as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there any fix to this. Its very ridiculous how fast its draining now.

If you are suffering from abnormally high battery drain almost to the point of being able to watch the percentage go down then you have an app doing it. Ive personally seen the battery drain faster than a charger is able to refill it. In that particular case it was a poorly written app that was causing the internal cpu to run at 100% capacity. Finding the app was as eady as using the built in application manager to determine the culprit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the cord part that comes with the Galaxy series of phones, goes bad and charges slowly. I'm on my 3rd replacement from Samsung in a year and I've seen numerous people with the same problem. I bought a cheap aftermarket charger and it's been fine. Also when mine had been going bad, I tried the Samsung charger with a different cord and the charging went back to normal.

Also Google location has had a bug that drains the battery, they announced an update to play services that should update all of us and it addresses the battery drain.

http://m.androidauthority.com/google-play-services-4-1-update-332922/

Ghulam Murtaza2

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Please Change the charging cable at once................ the main cause is cable,,,,,, USE Cable with 5pins.....it will rock.... thanks internet.. u saved my day........oh..life Actually.....hehe... i m so excited.....please change your cable... Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38