Feedback from Note 2 Users

eawortman

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I am strongly considering getting a Note 3. I have noticed that Note users in general seem to be a passionate bunch, I like that. What I'd like to know is how people like to use them? What's not commonly known to people that don't use Note devices? Are there any pitfalls? Any persistent issues or other problems users have had? I feel like there is only so much I can glean from reviews. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you like having a screen that is simple to read just about anything on, watch great looking video, like not charging your battery multiple times a day then the note line is for you. I dont ise the pen much but I like edotting with photoshop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

hindsite74

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Im really interested in the Note3 but have been put off by vids and threads on screen burn issues on note 2 etc. Is this a common problem? Its kind of put me off all AMOLED phones in general so far. I hope its not, the note 3 looks to be a great device.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Im really interested in the Note3 but have been put off by vids and threads on screen burn issues on note 2 etc. Is this a common problem?

I have had my note 2 for 10 months and no burn in. I have seen a couple of threads that talked about burn-in, but no one has ever posted an image. I think its just people spreading FUD.

The Note 2 is the greatest phone I have ever used in my life. Its so great that I not only switched over from the iPhone but I also stopped using my iPad. I have had no issues in the last 10 months, and I am looking forward to the Note 3 that I have pre-ordered.

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had no burn in either. The battery life is great. The screen is beautiful. Video and pictures look great on the phone. Reception and phone signal are great. I love the pen. Comes in handy for taking quick notes. I don't think you can go wrong with the Note II much less the Note 3.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Android Central Forums

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had the misfortune of being up since 4 this morning, but the good fortune to still have 77% battery left on my Note 2, eleven hours later. Can't beat that with a stick.

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Go for the note 2. Best phone you'll ever own. I use mine light to heavy use at times and I've gotten 39 hours on one battery change.

Sprint GN2

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Note series especially the Note 2 and now Note 3 is a whole new way of mobile computing.
You'll love how much you can do with this phone and all the features that it has makes you wounder why you haven't gotten it sooner!

Moonmist

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hope I'm not butting in here.....not sure how the heck you get a question up for discussion. I've got a Note II and love it. I have been trying to access my Gmail account. I may not have got it organised properly in the beginning as when I used the Gmail Icon I never seemed to get up to date messages. So then I would go in via my browser and sign in to receive the up to date ones. (Someone may be able to advise a better way.) Anyhow, now a new issue has popped up. When I go to sign in, my Gmail account won't load up or at least when it say put in password there is no time to do so before it returns to asking me to sign in again. Lastly, how DOES one put up a discussion topic?

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Lets see ive had several iphones and just recently had htc one and this is by far the better one to use. Iphone was cool cause it just worked but was very small. This phone is quite large and therefore I can see what im typing. The kies syncing software actually works pretty good. I can still download all my itunes songs on my note 2 with no issues. The bloatware is not so bad. It doesnt take all day to recharge like my htc did. I love the pen, I can write text messages with it and take notes and do screencaptures with it. I really dislike the no autocorrect but it is what it is. One downfall of htc was when I dropped it and cracked screen, no one can fix it and thats not cool. All these things led me to buy note 2. The sound quality is strong, the vibration is strong if you turn ringer off which is important to me. The fact that you can use any micro cord to charge with cuts down on cost. Oh and the expandable space helps. Neither my iphone or htc was expandable. Once u hit ur storage limit that was it. Thats all I have for now.

bunnybash

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
If you like having a screen that is simple to read just about anything on, watch great looking video, like not charging your battery multiple times a day then the note line is for you. I dont ise the pen much but I like edotting with photoshop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

This here is the truth!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had my note 2 for 10 months and no burn in. I have seen a couple of threads that talked about burn-in, but no one has ever posted an image. I think its just people spreading FUD.

The Note 2 is the greatest phone I have ever used in my life. Its so great that I not only switched over from the iPhone but I also stopped using my iPad. I have had no issues in the last 10 months, and I am looking forward to the Note 3 that I have pre-ordered.

I totally agree. I have had several ipads and have a Surface Pro now. I love the Surface Pro for work, I'm very mobile throughout the day and it's much easier to carry than my laptop. I use my Note 2 as a tablet all the time (it basically replaced my ipad). No question this is the best phone I've ever had. I can't imagine replacing it with anything other than the Note 3 I have already pre-ordered.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Note 2 since June. I debated for about 2 weeks between the Note 2 and the S4, I even ordered the S4 but due to a shipping glitch, the order was cancelled. I went to Best Buy for one more touchy feely before I reordered and decided instead on the Note 2. Best tech decision I have ever made. Love the big screen, loud speaker, multi tasking, fast processor, smooth scrolling, better radios, better voice in call, better signal strength, everything. I haven't used my tablet since I've had the Note, there just isn't a need. I have no complaints whatsoever, except...where is 4.3? (I know it's coming in October).
:D

I would not hesitate to recommend this phone to anyone.

Best. Device. Ever.

Sent via Note II

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think 4.3 is coming in October. It might for the S4 and S3 but I'm not sure about it coming for the Note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

staylor229

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
They do burn in but it is not bad. So far, I have had my note 2 for a few months with no issues my screen mode is on movie and I always use auto brightness I feel this helps prevent burn in. If you go to any store that carries the note 2 you can pull up a completely white screen and see it but it is not bad at all. Other than that the note 2 is a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

andy roddy

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
After using a note 2 for a few months, I had zero interest in the S4. I don't think I can ever use anything other than a note again. What was surprising to me at first was the amount of developer support for the SPen. It's definitely not a gimmick, and many developers have updated their apps to support this wonderful game changing functionality.

Multi-window on my previous S3 was always awkward because the screen was so small. It is much easier on the note 2.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the only people that would have burn in issues are the ones that keep there brightness on 100 and keep the same image on there screen for 6 hours or more.

I've only heard of one real case of burn in with the Note 2 and that person had his phone on overnight with a clock showing on his screen for a few weeks and then he started to notice burn in.

And before that I've only heard about it on the first Galaxy S phone. Since the AMOLED screens where new not many people knew about the burn in that can happen if you keep the same image on you're screen for very long period's of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress