Visit site
re: AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

Device condition

To receive the most value for your eligible device, your device must:

• Power on and off
  • Have an intact screen that functions correctly and is free of any chips
  • Be free of breaks or cracks in the housing, keypad, hinge, or battery door
  • Have any activation lock, such as Find My iPhone, disabled
Final trade-in eligibility is subject to device inspection.

Guess "functions correctly" is subjective with burns on screen eh?:confused:

This is my point. Those criteria do not mean perfect condition. In fact they way I read them, a phone with normal wear and tear should suffice so long as the damage is not significant. And don't get me started in the crap *** packing materials. Who bears the risk of damage on that? I put mine in a box.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

This is my point. Those criteria do not mean perfect condition. In fact they way I read them, a phone with normal wear and tear should suffice so long as the damage is not significant. And don't get me started in the crap *** packing materials. Who bears the risk of damage on that? I put mine in a box.

I feel ya on the bubble envelope they sent. You saw the letter that came with it mentioning that it's not insured and if you would like to pay for insurance on your own you are free to do so. :confused: I put it in a box within a box (original 8 box) and wrapped it in bubble wrap laying in office. That was my insurance.

Now next step in following this thread... how long it takes from getting past this hurdle of them receiving it and when we get our first credits...

Because does the 30 month contract starts at the month the first credit is given?? Which could be up to 3 billing cycles after receiving the phone??

Or does the 30 month contract start at activation date?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

I feel ya on the bubble envelope they sent. You saw the letter that came with it mentioning that it's not insured and if you would like to pay for insurance on your own you are free to do so. :confused: I put it in a box within a box (original 8 box) and wrapped it in bubble wrap laying in office. That was my insurance.

Now next step in following this thread... how long it takes from getting past this hurdle of them receiving it and when we get our first credits...

Because does the 30 month contract starts at the month the first credit is given?? Which could be up to 3 billing cycles after receiving the phone??

Or does the 30 month contract start at activation date?

Activation. They provide catch up credits after the fact.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Just checked mine. Here is what I got. You are saying zero means good?

Attachments

• 20200909_145828.jpg
    20200909_145828.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 15

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Can you point me to the reddit forums? Thanks.

Answered my own question. ATT promotion rules provide that the trade in will receive a value of zero because it is paid in credits. Looks like I'm on the right path!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I've seen reports in the past of units sent to Samsung that got rejected for burn in because they didn't consider it normal wear and tear. It's probably hit or miss depending on who does the inspection.

importraverxx

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Answered my own question. ATT promotion rules provide that the trade in will receive a value of zero because it is paid in credits. Looks like I'm on the right path!

Yeah, it's the ATT Reddit forum but many on there have the same thing as us and from the past trade in promos, as long as it said $0, we "should be" good.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

AT&T doesn't care if it has screen burn in. My wifes S9 had screen burn in did the trade with the S20 and the S9 passed once they inspected it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

AT&T doesn't care if it has screen burn in. My wifes S9 had screen burn in did the trade with the S20 and the S9 passed once they inspected it.

Maybe there was damage during shipping then... cracked screen. phone in a flimsy bubble wrap envelope... even if in the case its no difference then a phone dropped and cracked when in a case in normal situation. Those letters don't get hand processed and gently put in one container to another.

Should have insured it for $1000? cause that's how much he just lost if he can't submit another phone.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Maybe there was damage during shipping then... cracked screen. phone in a flimsy bubble wrap envelope... even if in the case its no difference then a phone dropped and cracked when in a case in normal situation. Those letters don't get hand processed and gently put in one container to another.

Should have insured it for $1000? cause that's how much he just lost if he can't submit another phone.

Yeah probably was cracked, but i was just making sure that everyone knows screen burn in does pass inspection.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Except you can't insure a hundred dollar phone for a grand so it's just obnoxious of ATT to suggest otherwise.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

But minimum trade-in value you needed was $60 correct? So if it shows $0 or $60 you should be good I'd imagine. It's just anything between 1-59 where there would be an issue?

Trade-in an eligible Smartphone in good working condition with a minimum trade-in value of $60 within 30 days of activation.

importraverxx

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

But minimum trade-in value you needed was $60 correct? So if it shows $0 or $60 you should be good I'd imagine. It's just anything between 1-59 where there would be an issue?

Yes, this one shows $60 because it doesn't have the Wrong Phone Model - TBD message. The people at the AT&T store also said it's normal for it to say $0 and don't freak out because you're getting a credit not a payment. If it said anything other than $0 or $60, I would be worry.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

I would say something is wrong if it's showing 60. Was this a next upgrade or a line upgrade? The rules expressly stated the credit would be reflected as zero because there is no payment rather it is awarded via credits. I would probably place a call to ATT.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Only other thing I can think of is if this was done at a store the process may be different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non