Samsung Cloud Going Away

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Called Samsung yesterday about having a problems with notifications on my Note 20 Ultra..Was told to start moving data to OneDrive because will will be getting a notice soon the Samsung Cloud is going away.Has anyone else hear of this?????

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
...but I already have the free 5GB for One drive. Samsung Cloud is currently 15 GB free. They will have to come better than that.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Leave the those things to Microsoft/Google who are way better at it. Yeah I know unpopular opinion here in the Samsung forum but nevertheless my opinion.

But even though personally wouldn't use Samsung cloud doesn't hurt people having choices. Probably financially makes sense for Samsung not to concentrate/invest in this area and instead partner with Microsoft.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
There was a problem though with syncing for me using this new feature. I went ahead and agreed to using the OneDrive feature and set everything up. I figured all would be good. I then set up my camera to put my pictures on my SD card automatically. I usually do this. I could probably take my SD card out now and maybe will since my phone is 512GB, but anyways...

So, once you set you Samsung account to back up to your OneDrive, you are not allowed to back up your SD card data to the account. Since my camera automatically saves pics to the SD card... you can where this is going. It broke. I was no longer automatically backing up the pictures I was taking. I did some forum searched and saw that this was what was causing the problem.

I went ahead and removed my Samsung account from OneDrive and once again was able to have my pictures back up as soon as I took them. I imagine this is going to be an issue for more than just me.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Called Samsung yesterday about having a problems with notifications on my Note 20 Ultra..Was told to start moving data to OneDrive because will will be getting a notice soon the Samsung Cloud is going away.Has anyone else hear of this?????

YIKES. I have a lot of pics in that cloud

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I forget what I was doing, but the note 20 promoted me to merge the two or something like that a few days ago. I did and it's all on one drive now. Though, I turned off photo backups as I already back them up on Google photos. Mine shows 15 GB, but I don't know if there is any particular reason for that.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't use onedrive and for some reason it says I have 1TB. View attachment 325222
Open OneDrive app, go to me tab and see the plan. It'll show the details there.

447d97e8966d5cccfe6aeb6fdf64141e.jpg

a0e85ff4a78b65aa49bbd9728b486994.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
but that 1 tb is only free for a month after that you have to pay or you will go back to 5gb is my understanding.

It’s part of Microsoft/office 365 subscription which i have been using for years now and OneDrive space is part of it. Nothing to do with Samsung or Note, just like how you pay for Google one for google services, office 365 is for Microsoft services. That’s why i like Microsoft and Google offering compared to anything Samsung which isn’t even cross platform to begin with.

Microsoft/Office 365 isn’t free it’s a paid service just like Google one. Both are awesome value anyway for peanuts per month.

www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-3...mily/cfq7ttc0k5dm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

6ff3b83f0695c4953e296b2cf07d57b0.plist

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It’s part of Microsoft/office 365 subscription which i have been using for years now and OneDrive space is part of it. Nothing to do with Samsung or Note, just like how you pay for Google one for google services, office 365 is for Microsoft services. That’s why i like Microsoft and Google offering compared to anything Samsung which isn’t even cross platform to begin with.

Microsoft/Office 365 isn’t free it’s a paid service just like Google one. Both are awesome value anyway for peanuts per month.

www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-3...mily/cfq7ttc0k5dm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/6ff3b83f0695c4953e296b2cf07d57b0.plist

So which Plan you Using the 6.99 a month and if so do you consider it the best plan ?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So which Plan you Using the 6.99 a month and if so do you consider it the best plan ?

I use the Microsoft 365 Family which is $99 or $9.99 per month for general consumer I think but being in Seattle area I get special pricing since I know many Microsoft folks
For family plan you can share up to 6 people and each one of them gets 1 TB of storage.

If there is a $6.99 per month plan that’s probably individual plan, I use the family plan.

I think family plan is the best value since I share it with my wife and you can share with other family members if you want. It’s only little more than individual plan.