Iphone guy

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I used to switch back and forth all the time. Curious in all honesty is there lag anymore with Samsung phones after say 6 months (not a course with note 20)? I’m going back to the touchwiz days. This phone looks great! I’m just on the fence. Any advice or opinions/reviews outside the typical you tubers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The note 20 is lag free and super fast! I use to go between both platforms but now my 11 and apple watch is for sale Samsung did a great job with the note 20. Try one at a store and you will see.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I used to switch back and forth all the time. Curious in all honesty is there lag anymore with Samsung phones after say 6 months (not a course with note 20)? I’m going back to the touchwiz days. This phone looks great! I’m just on the fence. Any advice or opinions/reviews outside the typical you tubers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I came from iOS. Flat out the N20U is an amazing device! Came from 11 pro max. Was on android years ago, so it's not new to me. I really think as an Android user my mind isn't going to atrophy. The flexibility to be able to customize you own phone to what you want is awesome. The days of being a follower are over for me.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm 90/10 not going back to the iphone. My reasoning is kinda weird but valid to my life and use case. The Note is amazing, it's really fast and handles the day to day without issue.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The touchwiz lag was easily fixed by clearing cache on the touchwiz launcher app. My Note 8 is 2 1/2 years old without a factory reset and it hasn't gotten laggy like some of my older Samsung phones.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I came from an iphone 11 Pro. The N20U is a great phone. Solid, well designed, fast and smooth. I don't think you'll be disappointed. However, I have struggled this week to sell the iphone and wanted to turn it back on just because of the familiarity of it, but then I pick the N20 U back up and I just want to stay with it. I'm listing the iphone this week. Once it sells, I will be fine. If I turn the iphone back on, though, I'm a goner. It's happened before. I am heavily invested in the ecosystem of Apple so it's hard to stray. But, I can't keep two phones from two platforms and I need the cash. Pray for me in the next 48 hours. LOL. Again, the N20 U is fantastic!

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I came from an iphone 11 Pro. The N20U is a great phone. Solid, well designed, fast and smooth. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Howver, I have struggled this week to sell the iphone and wanted to turn it back on just because of the familiarity of it, but then I pick the N20 U back up and I just want to stay with it. I'm listing the iphone this week. Once it sells, I will be fine, then sell my airpods and get the Galaxy Buds live and a Watch Active 2 to go all in. If I turn the iphone back on, though, I'm a goner. It's happened before.i
I am heavily invested in the ecosystem of Apple so it's hard to stray. But, I can't keep two phones from two platforms and I need the cash. Pray for me in the next 48 hours. LOL.
That's legit. My iphone is next to me still as we speak. I keep holding off selling it.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung devices definitely don't need the same maintenance to be lag free anymore, especially not the Notes.
I have never owned an iPong but I'm fairly sure if you like the top crApple devices then you will also like the Note 20 Ultra

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
TouchWiz days are long gone , test drive a note 20 ultra yourself for 14 days, I think you'll end up getting one, this phone doesn't disappoint.
I think its definitely phone of the year !

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What's keeping you from selling yours? The struggle is real.
Past models were a disappointment in photography compared to my iphone. And the imessage hook is real. My 7 year old has an ipad and imessage is fun for him. But several family members have switched to Android now so the imessage draw is less.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
People will argue the os is more polished with iOS, when in reality it's just simplified and dumbed down for grandma.
It's also easier to make IOS for their own hardware as opposed to Android which has to be ported to many devices. Every OEM than adds their own skin. Then the carriers add and delete features which adds to the confusion.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple has meet their match and I believe they know it! You will see next year's model of the iPhone with big changes to compete with Android devices. Just typing on a Android device is far superior and much easier than apple. My iphone 11 always freezes on certian apps and acts up like Android use to do. My last two Android devices the not 10 and 20 have been far superior to apple. This is the reason I am sticking with my 20 for some time plus I am now retired.
I also carry a ipad mini LTE with me so I really have the best of both worlds.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Apple has meet their match and I believe they know it! You will see next year's model of the iPhone with big changes to compete with Android devices. Just typing on a Android device is far superior and much easier than apple. My iphone 11 always freezes on certian apps and acts up like Android use to do. My last two Android devices the not 10 and 20 have been far superior to apple. This is the reason I am sticking with my 20 for some time plus I am now retired.
I will say I've been surprised and disappointed in the Apple experience lately. Lots of crashes, freezing and phone restarting due to software issues. I run stock and don't do any betas. I've seen many friends and family complain of this lately. Also the keyboard is cramped and horrible on ios.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
With apps, I'll say this.... Facebook on Apple is better, on apple the little tabs for news feed, marketplace, notification. etc are at the bottom. Android has it at the top and with bigger phones that makes it a pain to have to reach up there with one handed use. Also Instagram has an issue with the words sometimes running off the screen (asssuming the infinity screen is the issue). I do think that both devices are great in their own ways, I wish I could afford to have both lol. But I kept Apple for yes the ease, convenience, and that apple has full control over updates and repairs. If there is a software issue, it seems like android takes longer to send it out; where as apple just fixes it and sends it. Also if I have an issue with my Apple device I can go to the Apple store and normally have it resolved that day, Samsung nope there isn't even a store close to me. I do wish Samsung would start adding some more standalone stores or putting them in Best Buys for hardware issues/ concerns.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I LOVE Android phone and am not a fan of Apple. However, their tablets are awesome. I have yet to find an Android Tablet that I like as much as my iPad. However, there are several areas the iPad falls short in comparison to what I can do on Android, but the overall experience has been flawless and stable. That is something I never had with Android Tablets.

And I am not talking about Cheap tablets. $300-$700 tablets from Android and they all just... fell short. :(

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I LOVE Android phone and am not a fan of Apple. However, their tablets are awesome. I have yet to find an Android Tablet that I like as much as my iPad. However, there are several areas the iPad falls short in comparison to what I can do on Android, but the overall experience has been flawless and stable. That is something I never had with Android Tablets.

And I am not talking about Cheap tablets. $300-$700 tablets from Android and they all just... fell short. :(
The newer samsung tablets compare if not beat the ipad anymore. It nice to have both platforms to use and me having a ipad mini LTE gives me the best of both worlds.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
The newer samsung tablets compare if not beat the ipad anymore. It nice to have both platforms to use and me having a ipad mini LTE gives me the best of both worlds.

Sorry, calling bull on this. Samsung's tablets are nowhere near as smooth and put together as an ipad, especially the pro tablets. Apple has that down. Same with laptops. Samsung is a hot mess with those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, calling bull**** on this. Samsung's tablets are nowhere near as smooth and put together as an ipad, especially the pro tablets. Apple has that down. Same with laptops. Samsung is a hot mess with those.
I think the user experience may vary with user needs. For longevity it's hard to beat an ipad because of software support since I imagine most people don't trade up tablets as often as they do phones. At least I don't, but I also don't find much need for tablet between my phone, laptops, including a Pixelbook that can also be used as a tablet.