11-04-2020 02:27 PM
32 12
tools
    Go for the fold!!! Lol.
    Well, I have my old S7 right now working just fine. It does the trick. I was thinking of ordering a S20FE through my carrier, and see which gets here first!

At the same time, maybe I should tell Samsung to send me a Z Fold 2 instead of my N20U, and I'll pay the difference. Lol
    Blasted_1 likes this.
    10-10-2020 09:39 AM
    Nice thought but other than the routines, I don't touch Bixby.
    You make it sound like a disease. It's a shame so many people write it off.
    10-11-2020 11:03 PM
    Would you be able to connect it to a touch screen, DeX should start automatically, maybe you will be able to troubleshoot that way
    10-12-2020 05:56 AM
    Sounds to me as if the LED layer just went. (If you hold the screen at a very flat angle you can sometimes see a little ghosty "screen" in there.) Samsung doesn't repair that, they just replace the screen.

But if it's the screen LED driver (the LED layer is controlled - that's how the screen brightness gets changed), they'll replace the motherboard too. So I sure hope you (referring to Blasted_1) have everything backed up. The new motherboard won't have any of your installed apps, your music, pictures, videos, etc.
    10-12-2020 02:56 PM
    Sounds to me as if the LED layer just went. (If you hold the screen at a very flat angle you can sometimes see a little ghosty "screen" in there.) Samsung doesn't repair that, they just replace the screen.

But if it's the screen LED driver (the LED layer is controlled - that's how the screen brightness gets changed), they'll replace the motherboard too. So I sure hope you (referring to Blasted_1) have everything backed up. The new motherboard won't have any of your installed apps, your music, pictures, videos, etc.
    Everything I have/need is in the cloud or on the 256GB card that keeps hopping phones. So not too worried there.
    10-12-2020 06:41 PM
    So tonight will be three weeks since my phone screen went kaput.

Apparently Samsung is having problems trying to get into my phone. I gave them passwords to get in through the local repair depot that I have to deal with. Just factory reset the darn thing and go from there!

Hoping they gave their heads a shake and can get it done.

Sheesh.
    10-29-2020 12:56 PM
    So my device is back. Not sure all what was done but everything seems to be working just fine on it. Yay.

Now the process of slowly setting it up...again.

And it wasn't "Samsung" repairing it. It was FutureTel in Markham, ON. Same place that fixed my Galaxy Buds oh so far back.
    AnnDroid likes this.
    11-04-2020 02:27 PM
32 12