Are Google Fi Customers Also Stuck with T-M00bile Crappy Updates Too?

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like T-M00bile really sucks in getting software updates to their customers.
Read a post where someone keeps an AT&T SIM handy because T-M00bile does not deliver.

Google Fi use the T-Moobile/Sprint services.
So, Are Google Fi customers screwed just as same as T-M00bile customers?

Does a Pixel phone get updates directly from Google, thus cutting off T-Moobile's lack of involvement?

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like T-M00bile really sucks in getting software updates to their customers.
Read a post where someone keeps an AT&T SIM handy because T-M00bile does not deliver.

Does a Pixel phone get updates directly from Google, thus cutting off T-Moobile's lack of involvement?
My wife and I both have a Pixel 4a and use Google Fi. Updates come directly from Google.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I can't speak to the Samsung devices. I do have a Pixel on Fi though, purchased through Fi, and I get my updates on the first Monday of the month just as any other Pixel owner gets if they are not blocked by their carrier.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
THANK YOU Google Fi customers.
Now I can plan to buy an excellent phone (Pixel 6 Pro) without the worries of a CRAP (T-M00bile) carrier.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Doesn't FI use TMobile towers ?

For updates it still goes by carrier sim even unlock pixels .

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't FI use TMobile towers ?

For updates it still goes by carrier sim even unlock pixels .

Yes, Fi runs on T-Mobile and US Cellular towers, though I see connection to AT&T towers from time to time as well. That does not mean we are locked to T-Mobile's update schedule...

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've used Pixels for years with T-Mobile. My updates come regularly at the beginning of each month. And apparently my experience is no different that what others have reported in this thread. I get the phones from Google and then BYOD with T-Mobile.

Last edited:

cwHemphill

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 20 Ultra on Fi and it came completely unlocked out of the box. I would assume that the updates are coming directly from Samsung; could be wrong though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, Fi runs on T-Mobile and US Cellular towers, though I see connection to AT&T towers from time to time as well. That does not mean we are locked to T-Mobile's update schedule...

Thats what i thought, im not sure for FI user how there update schedule works, i know for pixels without them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87