S22 with S pen?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Think this would be an ending to the Note?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ga..._pen_slot_more_reports_confirm-news-51118.php

I like the S pen with a dedicated slot. I would also prefer a camera that lays flat. The 20 is definitely not my favorite Note. I have had Notes since the 4. The Note 8 and Note 9 were were pretty fabulous with zero issues. I know a lot of people love this Note 20. I like it okay, but not crazy about it. The camera bump and the fingerprint issues cause me to give this phone a 3 star rating.

I got a great deal on this phone, so I am not completely complaining. That said, I would have not selected this phone if the S21 had a slot for an S Pen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If the S21 had a slot for an S Pen... it would still have quite the prominent camera bump and under glass sensor. So I don't understand why you'd choose an S21 over the Note 20.

If there was a Note 21, the camera bump would have probably followed the camera design of the S21. So what you see in the S22 Ultra renders with the S21 camera bump... would have probably been pretty much what the Note 21U would have been if I had to guess.

Honestly the Note22 U renders I have seen so far... the squared of edges and flat top and bottom... looks just like the Note 20. I'm guessing it was the the Note 21U design just moved over to the S line and just renamed S Note.

Because what in the renders looks like a S-Series?

https://www.sammobile.com/news/first-galaxy-s22-ultra-renders-images-leaked/

Think this would be an ending to the Note?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ga..._pen_slot_more_reports_confirm-news-51118.php

I like the S pen with a dedicated slot. I would also prefer a camera that lays flat. The 20 is definitely not my favorite Note. I have had Notes since the 4. The Note 8 and Note 9 were were pretty fabulous with zero issues. I know a lot of people love this Note 20. I like it okay, but not crazy about it. The camera bump and the fingerprint issues cause me to give this phone a 3 star rating.

I got a great deal on this phone, so I am not completely complaining. That said, I would have not selected this phone if the S21 had a slot for an S Pen.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Still no mst mentioned in the rumors. I had to use the debit card more since getting the s21u than last couple of years put together. Too many places still don't take nfc. I have actually considered carrying the note 10 for mst use.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Still no mst mentioned in the rumors. I had to use the debit card more since getting the s21u than last couple of years put together. Too many places still don't take nfc. I have actually considered carrying the note 10 for mst use.

I don't think there was a 2021 model Samsung with MST. 2020 phones were the last. I think it's safe to say it's dead at this point. Why manufacture the chip for one phone?

Loved it on my Note 8 and was a lifesaver and used it more than NFC. With my N20U... don't need it anymore... Even stopped using Samsung Pay at this point because Google Pay alone is fine.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So you actually want them to downgrade the camera to a smaller sensor and eliminate the zoom lens like older phones?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So you actually want them to downgrade the camera to a smaller sensor and eliminate the zoom lens like older phones?

Ah, so you think she was actually talking about the base S21 with an S-pen and silo?? My bad I thought she was talking S21 ULTRA but just omitting the word.... I mean, the S21 is so small and you add a silo... they would have had to cut that battery size down to an unreasonable level for a productivity phone. And it would still have a camera bump... with yes the poorest of camera setup. That's basically the cheap Note 20... which I don't think anyone loves.

At least the rumors mentioned the 105mp camera in the Note 22.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Ah, so you think she was actually talking about the base S21 with an S-pen and silo?? My bad I thought she was talking S21 ULTRA but just omitting the word.... I mean, the S21 is so small and you add a silo... they would have had to cut that battery size down to an unreasonable level for a productivity phone. And it would still have a camera bump... with yes the poorest of camera setup. That's basically the cheap Note 20... which I don't think anyone loves.

At least the rumors mentioned the 105mp camera in the Note 22.

She's complaining about the camera hump, only way to make it thinner is return to the smaller camera sensors used in older phones. You put a larger camera in to improve camera performance and obviously it's going to be thicker. Either you get a camera hump, or you get a ridiculously thick phone to hide it.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
She's complaining about the camera hump, only way to make it thinner is return to the smaller camera sensors used in older phones. You put a larger camera in to improve camera performance and obviously it's going to be thicker. Either you get a camera hump, or you get a ridiculously thick phone to hide it.

or maybe a case could help hide it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
or maybe a case could help hide it.

My co-worker just got a N20U and he has something like an Otter Box case for it... makes the back flush but side by side comparison to mine to me it looks ridiculously big, thick and blocky.

To each his own and at least he knows hes not good at taking care of phones. But I can't rock a phone like that. Using a kelvar LaterCase.

I live with the camera bump and honestly never bothers me. i lay it back side down and never a wobble... because i don't use my phone laying on a surface.

Attachments

• 5E40ECA4-0B19-4818-93A5-BD12912571E7.jpg
    5E40ECA4-0B19-4818-93A5-BD12912571E7.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 34
  • A3F96C1B-FA7E-428B-82DC-799D1C58EA19.jpg
    A3F96C1B-FA7E-428B-82DC-799D1C58EA19.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 32

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
From the Sound of it from what Saki said the other day is that the Note is being merged with the S22. Basically the S22 Ultra will be the Note device except it's called the S22 Ultra instead of the note. It's the same phone, same everything as the Note and will have a silo to store the Spen.

The upside to this is that in Feb or March we will have the Note device then!!! No having to wait until late August next year!!!!!

I wish they could figure out a way to make it with the larger built in Spen like the S21 Ultra has. I actually like the S21 Ultra Spen because it's thicker and A LOT easier to grip and use than the smaller Note spen.

I don't mind the S22/Note having a larger chassis if it has the larger Spen the S21 Ultra has built into it. I just love the feel of the bigger spen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone post the dimensions of this 22 Ultra dummy or take a caliper to it?? I love the bold new look how they kept the Note styling but from the video it looks a bit thicker?? Not a really big deal to me... especially if they means they will maximize battery size. They will have to considering the iPhone 13 Max seems to be the battery king of phones. A tad wider in my eyes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhQF9Q_3GIg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty