transfer all info from S4 to Note 3

gumbyr1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey gang,
I am looking for the best way to move, not only my contacts, but my text messages, emails, and apps (with progress made in games) from the Galaxy S4 to the Note 3. I know there are a few different options with software to do this.
Any suggestions on the best way to transfer everything?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey gang,
I am looking for the best way to move, not only my contacts, but my text messages, emails, and apps (with progress made in games) from the Galaxy S4 to the Note 3. I know there are a few different options with software to do this.
Any suggestions on the best way to transfer everything?

For contacts, you should sync to your Google account. Emails you can access from anywhere. As for saving app data, you need root for that, text messages can be saved with this app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&token=GJc666kW. For pictures, make a folder on an external SD card then put that SD card in the note 3. Or hook up your phone to your computer and drag out the pics.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My pictures and music where stored in the SD card along with my contacts. The other pictures and files that were not saved in the card, I transfer them with NFC activated on both phones.

altruisticbees

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
You don't need root to backup app data, just install Helium. You just need to connect your phone to your PC once with the Helium mobile app and PC app installed, then you can back up your app data. Premium version also allows you to backup app data to cloud services.

For others:

- Sync contacts and others using Google account
- You can backup SMS using your Samsung account, or use a third-party app
- All my photos/videos are in the SD Card and I use Google+ Auto-upload
- Likewise with other media

There's also an app called Samsung Smart Switch Mobile specifically for transferring data between Samsung phones, haven't tried it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez