Note 2 > Note 3

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Good photos?

sent from my Note 3

Photos look much better on the note 3. Have em both and have been using then side by side. Low light is better on the note 2 because if a software setting. Nothing the hardware on the note 3 *can't* do that I am aware of.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 is a great device. I can understand why one would want to see it through another year....cheers.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's software, but we agree the Note 2 takes better photos.

sent from my Note 3

Not even close. The note 3 takes better pictures overall I think and from what I see from the two blown up on my pc. Day pics note 3. Night pics note 2. Overall, note 3. Hopefully the vampires can join us sans a software update for the note 3.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 had "legendary" low light camera? Realy?

Posted via Android Central App

Legendary. It would suck all the light up out of the room, splash it back inside your photo, smear that light all around in all the right places, and even add a bit of its own. Epic. Unworldly. Like the Mona Lisa. Like 70's KISS. I would dare say even like Vince Neil before he got fat.

sent from my Note 3

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Note 3.
uqa5ary4.jpg

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The N3's camera is f/2.2 while the N2's camera is f/2.6

Spec-wise, the N3 has the brighter lens and should take better low light pictures.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think there is enough to nitpick or decide one is legendary and the other sucks. They are both cellphone cameras. Note 2 lets in more light and the note 3 lets in more detail. Pick your poison, but I think the note 3 actually looks better because of the details it picks up where the note 2 can't.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Note 2 lets in more light and the note 3 lets in more detail. Pick your poison, but I think the note 3 actually looks better because of the details it picks up where the note 2 can't.

No way a f/2.6 lens lets in more light than a f/2.2 lens

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems like I can see the outline of those chairs in the note 2 pic more but the details of the tank are more garbled than the note 3 pic. All I know is the low light pics on the note 3 seem better.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems like I can see the outline of those chairs in the note 2 pic more but the details of the tank are more garbled than the note 3 pic. All I know is the low light pics on the note 3 seem better.

Yes. Those low light pics ~of light~ are a classic demonstration. Thanks for the chuckle.

sent from my Note 3