Note 3: KitKat 4.4 Update

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when we're supposed to get the 4.4 update? If I recall correctly, I read last year that it's sometime in January. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: KitKat 4.4 Update

Don't hold your breath. Unlocked international versions will likely all be first. Most all carriers will take their sweet time after that. But the rest of us will get it eventually.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I will have to see report first on the changes. I don't like many things in stock kitkat. I am not entirely sure I will go through the update at the moment.

@T-Mobile GN3

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if I can update a non ATT kitkat? It would be so very nice to be able to rid my phone of all the bloat. But I dont want to void the warranty either.

Jorleigh13

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So they're ridding of jellybean then?
I heard something about a Samsung update recently that was messing up phones?
I haven't had an available update for quite some time now.

Posted via Android Central App

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing. It seems like there taking forever to update the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

tinknocker89

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
What will 4.4 have that the 4.3 doesn't have? In the past I feel like most of the updates I never notice anything different

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't want it because I can't lose Foxfi.

They usually get it sorted out a few weeks after the update rolls out. At least that's the way it happened with Jelly Bean and the Razr. Some phones take longer than other phones. Having said that, this is the first time that I've seen FoxFi put up a screen warning about Kit Kat possibly causing FoxFi to lose functionality with an upgrade. I hope that they don't know something that we don't. Since I'm rooted, I don't have to worry about an OTA being forced (I've screwed up before and hit the upgrade button workout thinking of the ramifications) so I can take a wait and see attitude.

Posted via Android Central App

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My wife's Maxx has been on Kitkat since early January and hasn't received any Foxfi updates to fix it yet. It could still happen but so far I haven't seen any signs of Foxfi working on a fix for it. Hopefully they will but it is hard to tell how long it will take. So far I haven't heard anything about Kitkat that would make me feel I had to have it.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My Samsung rep sent me an email with the kitkat update links for the att note3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non