Galaxy Note 3: Brightness bar disappeared from notification panel?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what has happened - it's not there anymore - but when I check my settings I have the box ticked for it to be in my notification panel. I've included a screen shot of that. Should I be checking anywhere else?

I restarted my phone, as well as doing a battery pull but it's still missing. I also un-checked&re-checked the box - but still nothing.

Does it disappear when the battery is under 5%?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398579715197.jpg
    1398579715197.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 109

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you check box in settings as shown above? Sometimes there are to many notifications in your list and you have to scroll to find brightness slider...maybe someone will chime in with more ideas.

Edjo

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you check box in settings as shown above? Sometimes there are to many notifications in your list and you have to scroll to find brightness slider...maybe someone will chime in with more ideas.

Hi! I am also having the same problem. I know that when your battery level hit 5%, the brightness slider will automatically disappear and will come back when you charge your phone. Yesterday, my phone hit below 5% and went dead as I wasn't able to charge it. When I got home, I charge it as usual, then today when I woke up, I wasn't able to find the brightness slider on the notification. I checked the settings under Settings>Display>Notification Panel>and the brightness adjustment is checked. My battery is 100% also. I restarted many time but no avail. I even wipe cache but nothing happened. I don't know what to do. I don't to go through all the trouble of resetting my phone.

Please help.
Thanks,
Edj

PatrikNydensten

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same problem as well. Checkbox in Settings > Notifications is checked. Battery is at 85%. Have restarted device. Still, no sliders in notification menu. I am pretty sure this worked ten days ago. My device is a Note 10.1 2014 16GB with LTE.

Does anyone have any more info on this problem? Could it be one of the Samsung apps that does this?

And, no, factory reset is not an acceptable answer.

Edjo

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same problem as well. Checkbox in Settings > Notifications is checked. Battery is at 85%. Have restarted device. Still, no sliders in notification menu. I am pretty sure this worked ten days ago. My device is a Note 10.1 2014 16GB with LTE.

Does anyone have any more info on this problem? Could it be one of the Samsung apps that does this?

And, no, factory reset is not an acceptable answer.

Hi! I already solved this and sorry i did not post the solution.
Download an app in the play store called NIGHT MODE by bruno...
Activate then deactivate.. the you will see your brightness slider back. U can uninstall the app later.
Hope this helps.

JLE E

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I already solved this and sorry i did not post the solution.
Download an app in the play store called NIGHT MODE by bruno...
Activate then deactivate.. the you will see your brightness slider back. U can uninstall the app later.
Hope this helps.

This app worked for my Galaxy S5, thank you much!!!

BABATOLA FAGBOHUN

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what has happened - it's not there anymore - but when I check my settings I have the box ticked for it to be in my notification panel. I've included a screen shot of that. Should I be checking anywhere else?

I restarted my phone, as well as doing a battery pull but it's still missing. I also un-checked&re-checked the box - but still nothing.

Cheers!

Sarks.

BABATOLA FAGBOHUN

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I encountered this disappearance for awhile, here is how I solved it: select the settings icon and go under 'Display' to select the 'notification panel' and activate 'brightness adjustment' which is the first option on the list

Vincent Williams1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Cheers!

Sarks.

Vincent Williams1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was facing the same problem, tried the above steps, did not work. Then after I cycled through all the brightness modes on the du power saver app, the brightness bar was back.

happyswede123

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Since the posts have extended beyond the S3, will add what worked on my new galaxy note 4. I simply touch and drag down the notification screen near the bottom border. On the note 4 you will see the word
"Notification" below the WiFi and other widgets. That's the area to touch and drag. Hope that helps.

westamel

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't download any apps, that would be stupid, I found the hidden scroll brightness bar like this: go to SETTINGS-DEVICE-NOTIFICATION PANEL- BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT check the box, and All Done !

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Don't download any apps, that would be stupid, I found the hidden scroll brightness bar like this: go to SETTINGS-DEVICE-NOTIFICATION PANEL- BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT check the box, and All Done !

Some people have that box checked already but yet their brightness bar has disappeared and checking/unchecking it does not/has not resolved the issue. For some unknown (at least unknown to me) downloading an app like the ones suggested in this thread brings the brightness bar back (and the app can be uninstalled if wanted/needed).

Posted via Android Central App

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you add an app that takes over brightness control your brightness bar will disappear...some brightness controllers and some clocks etc...therefor you may have to do addition app to get it back even if the show brightness is checked in phone settings.

Vampirism

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
OMG !!! Thanks bro , I'm a C/C++ developer, and I tried everything and still won't work ... LOL
I'm so greatful ... Thanks a bunch brother.