Gorilla glass & screen protectors

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I just had a "duh... Earth to Deb" moment.

Our Notes are made with Gorilla glass screens. Why then are we spending money on and installing screen protectors on them?

Deb from my Note 3

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Gorilla glass is nowhere near as scratch resistant or indestructible as some would think...and a hardened glass screen protector is far more resilient and impervious to damage than our Gorilla glass screens, especially if the phone is dropped and lands on it's face!

wendy5001

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a screen protector on mine as I don't use a case. I actually have a scratch on it, but not my phones glass. Phew!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass is nowhere near as scratch resistant or indestructible as some would think...and a hardened glass screen protector is far more resilient and impervious to damage than our Gorilla glass screens, especially if the phone is dropped and lands on it's face!
What FBA said.

I've been using The Best Skin Ever on different smart phones for a couple of years and it has been great keeping the screen scratch free. Always keep in my pocket and never used a smartphone case.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

EXACTLY this^^^

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would rather replace my $40 screen protector than having to pay three times as much to replace the screen.

Sent from my Note 3. It has a pen😉

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
^ Wot FBA said ^

I'm running the gauntlet of not having a tempered glass screen. I'm hoping when I drop it on its face my flip over case will be closed at that time. I will get one, I read tips and saw a video I think (humid - dust free), but I worry I will get frustrated at not being successful.
I will try to find a great guy that was in my local Carphone Warehouse / Best Buy I saw fit them. He moved to another branch I know. Expensive with a tip. iLoome or Spigen I guess.
2 weeks ago I seriously dropped my phone on concrete with a massive smack sound and I was sure it was done for. Coming fast out of a building on to a busy 'sidewalk' I was slipping my phone quickly into an inside jacket pocket. Of course the pocket was the wrong side as I had changed my jacket 2 hours earlier.
It landed four square on its back with perfect precision and was unhurt. Phew!

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My tempered glass screen was much easier to put on than the other kind. It really is that easy to put them on. I had to take mine off once or twice to position it properly but it still stuck just fine on the third try.

I will say though that the tempered glass screen I have is much much much more slippery on the screen front than I thought it would be. It also collects fingerprints majorly :(

Deb from my Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I read tempered were easier to put on. So they can be a little slippery to write on, and get smudged. Did you get one of the bigger brands. I use a screen cloth and spray on my naked screen, but I also think it would be hard to make it as clean as new. Anyway, best to do it rather than speculate.
As I write this it is very humid in a hot car, my screen is smudged, and for the first time the typing and haptic feedback are sticking, then catching up very fast. Feels weird.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Because it is scratch resistant,, not scratch proof,, big difference... I have memi ghost glass protector and it is finger print resistant,,, of course it needs a wipe few times a day but that's because I'm eating a piece of fruit or something.

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I found, and I'm not sure if it's characteristic of the Zagg Glass, is that smudging makes it impossible to see in direct sunlight...and it smudges like crazy. I've never gone naked on the Note 3, so I don't know if this nuisance would be as prevalent using Gorilla glass with no screen protector.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found it hard to read smudged, but using a tiny glass cloth helps if I remember it. We don't get many bright hot sunny days, but this is the period it starts so I will see how the screen copes.
I was surprised how sticky it became yesterday, having left home in a car with a clean phone and clean hands! I guess people exude different oils!

Question : do any or all tempered glass improve reading in bright sunlight. I haven't found my naked one brilliant so far (girlfriends use to say the same!). At best its a dull image you can work on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member