Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

I was going to pre-order from amazon too.
Did you do your pre-order and trade-in in two different transactions?
If so, how would samsung know which note 4 you traded in for? Or we only need to send in the trade-in along with the pre-order transactions to receive the rebate?

I traded in one phone and I pre-ordered one phone. It was two separate Amazon transactions for me. I was going to send in the trade in receipt (once they approve it and issue gift card value) and pre-order receipt. But the phone order still says not yet shipped so I will probably wait until it ships and showed I paid. Since we need to submit IMEI and wifi Mac address of new phone I need to wait until phone ships anyway before submitting.

This promo seems like a cluster and I am not 100% confident of anything related to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I emailed BB about buying off contract and phone trade in. I mentioned buying off contract for the $799 price when I pre-ordered. I didn't ask about price but the rep mentioned it. Here is their response:
----------
"You are welcome to purchase the item without a contract however the price is much higher unfortunately. You will qualify for the trade in promotion as long as you're purchasing the Note 4 and trading in a working smart phone that we accept through our program. "
----------

So it sounds like off contract is ok as others mentioned. I am not sure what the rep means by 'price is much higher' but I assumed it meant $825 instead of $799 (but I wouldnt call that MUCH higher). I was referring to AT&T phone so I assume $799 is no longer valid. I also asked trade in requirements and the reply was "a working smart phone that we accept through our program". But of course the next question is 'what is accepted through {your} program'. I did not follow up because I had decided to forget about buying at Best Buy. Too many conflicting answers. So I will need to cancel my pre-order from BB.

Samsung should have just given every buyer a $100 instant rebate and called it a day.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

They may mean much higher outright as compared to on contract.

Note 2 via Android Central App

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

I emailed BB about buying off contract and phone trade in. I mentioned buying off contract for the $799 price when I pre-ordered. I didn't ask about price but the rep mentioned it. Here is their response:
----------
"You are welcome to purchase the item without a contract however the price is much higher unfortunately. You will qualify for the trade in promotion as long as you're purchasing the Note 4 and trading in a working smart phone that we accept through our program. "
----------

So it sounds like off contract is ok as others mentioned. I am not sure what the rep means by 'price is much higher' but I assumed it meant $825 instead of $799 (but I wouldnt call that MUCH higher). I was referring to AT&T phone so I assume $799 is no longer valid. I also asked trade in requirements and the reply was "a working smart phone that we accept through our program". But of course the next question is 'what is accepted through {your} program'. I did not follow up because I had decided to forget about buying at Best Buy. Too many conflicting answers. So I will need to cancel my pre-order from BB.

Samsung should have just given every buyer a $100 instant rebate and called it a day.

Again, I was told in Best Buy that the Note 4 must be bought via activation (ie contract, installment plan) in order to receive the $200 gift card and ANY (even go phones) would be accepted.

This is such a fiasco.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking I will just give up on this whole promotion business. I don't have an older smartphone and buying one to resell seems more of a hassle. I am wondering however if the prices are so high because of the promo? Samsung is just throwing ~$200 at us...how else are they gonna make that up? By raising the prices for us poor off contract buyers. Idk about you guys but I don't think I've ever seen a Samsung phone this expensive.

Posted via Android Central App

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

----------
----------

That BB rep was totally wrong.

I was at BB earlier today and spoke with Samsung rep there. I asked him to call around (included his manager) for over 30 minutes to get the answer. The store manager also called around and both came back with the same answers. off contract and the Next program won't get $200 credit. Only 2 yrs contract is acceptable and is quality for the $200 trade-in promo.

BTW, 4 people were in line to check out the Note 4. Iphone 6 setup a few steps away from the note 4 and alone in the dark/cold, no one was checking it out :)

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

I was at BB earlier today and spoke with Samsung rep there. I asked him to call around (included his manager) for over 30 minutes to get the answer. The store manager also called around and both came back with the same answers. off contract and the Next program won't get $200 credit. Only 2 yrs contract is acceptable and is quality for the $200 trade-in promo.

BTW, 4 people were in line to check out the Note 4. Iphone 6 setup a few steps away from the note 4 and alone in the dark/cold, no one was checking it out :)

That's not what i was told...

They told me that the Next program would work...

This is so utterly ridiculous and pathetic

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone will get a straight answer until they go pick up their phones. I for one have ditched Best Buy and gone directly thru AT&T Next. Still haven't decided on the trade in issue but if nothing else I'll just use the BB goody card toward buying the Basis Peak next month.

Posted via Android Central App

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I believe you since I have been given various answers from BB. It appears BB is running two different promos with $200 gift cards.

One is the samsung promo which doesn't mention any contract requirements: "Pre-Order Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Today. Experience the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in all Best Buy and select Best Buy Mobile locations. Check with your local store for details. Plus, get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase when you trade in any working smartphone. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon Wireless, AT&T or Sprint. "

The other offer (not specific to samsung) does require a two year agreement and is for a gift card up to $200. From the BB trade in page, this other offer states: "Free Gift Card with Trade-In. Receive up to a $200 gift card with qualifying phone trade-in at a participating Best Buy store. Use it to buy a new phone with two-year agreement. Customer must be eligible for a new 2-year agreement to receive gift card for this promotion."

Pick up day should be fun.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

All that matters is the trade in for the Note 4, not the other trade in program, which is separate. Pre-Order Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Today Get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone. Seems simple and straight forward. I for one will hold them to it.

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if Samsung will accept a Straight Talk phone like this?
Straight Talk Samsung S738C Galaxy Centura Prepaid Smartphone: Prepaid Cell Phones : Walmart.com

It might work at Best Buy since they claim any working smart phone. But it probably won't work at the carriers if the current trade in values listed on their sites don't change (all are below $10):

T-mobile = $7
AT&T = $0 recycle
Verizon = $6
Sprint = can't find on their site.

You should probably check with them ahead of time to be sure. I don't know if they have leeway at the stores to adjust trade in values.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I am going in to backup my preorder just in case BB jacks the price up. Only problem is VZ has my trade valued at $8. Anyone think I can squeeze $2 more out of them?
I really don't want the gift cards, i would rather have the cash. Its hard to walk away from free $50 from BB, and VZ value on my trade is not high enough.

kingdruid

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Sprint has a trade in form on their website. Do you think I can use that and preorder my note 4 at the store? I have a Note 2 with a broken screen and does not power on and they are offering 25 dollars.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Can you pre-order the note 4 from AT&T and trade-in your phone via Amazon? Amazon has higher trade-in value than anyone else.

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Can you pre-order the note 4 from AT&T and trade-in your phone via Amazon? Amazon has higher trade-in value than anyone else.

it shouldn't matter if amazon is offering more... as long as att is giving you atleast $10 for the trade-in. at the end of the day, you will have $200 for trading the phone in, regardless of att or amazon.

mojock

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I have an iphone 3g 16gb white to trade in but it is only worth more than 10 bucks on tmobile.

It's worth 0 on ATT where I pre ordered my note and worth 8 on amazon.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can try to check? Can I do a trade in at another retailer and claim the rebate?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87