Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Just so everyone knows, if you're on Verizon and wanna do the BB promotion as of today YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!! BB has reached their limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders and cannot take anymore. (In the NE region anyway) Un****ingbelievable, I have just wasted 2 days and a half a tank of gas wasting my time going to BB stores trying to pre-order FOR NOTHING. Now I am going to have to do this the hard way and pre-order through Verizon, trade in my phone to BB as a separate transaction (my phone is only worth $8 at VZW but worth $20 at BB, and needs to be AT LEAST $10 to qualify for Samsung's offer) and then send in the rebate request through Samsung and PRAY I ACTUALLY GET IT.

I WILL NEVER SHOP BEST BUY EVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. BIGGEST MICKEY MOUSE OPERATION IN THE COUNTRY, NO WONDER THEY ARE HANGING ON BY A THREAD AS A COMPANY... THEY'LL BE OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN THE NEXT TEN YEARS, I PROMISE.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I was all set to cancel the pre-order I made through VZW.com and go into BB to do it that way since it's instant..... HOWEVER, I just called my local BB and was told the promo is for *UP TO* $200, it's not a guaranteed $200 because it all depends on the value of your device. The iPhone 4 that I was going to trade in is only worth about $30-40, so I could just get that. This is ridiculous!

Most bb employees have no knowledge regarding this promotion. Some don't even know this promotion existed.

if your trade in worth $20, bb will get 180 from samsung afterward. so, you'll pay $100 on a 2 yrs contract note 4 on the day you pick up the phone.
I met with the bb manager AND samsung rep at best buy at the same time. Both agreed on that.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Just so everyone knows, if you're on Verizon and wanna do the BB promotion as of today YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!! BB has reached their limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders and cannot take anymore. (In the NE region anyway) Un****ingbelievable, I have just wasted 2 days and a half a tank of gas wasting my time going to BB stores trying to pre-order FOR NOTHING. Now I am going to have to do this the hard way and pre-order through Verizon, trade in my phone to BB as a separate transaction (my phone is only worth $8 at VZW but worth $20 at BB, and needs to be AT LEAST $10 to qualify for Samsung's offer) and then send in the rebate request through Samsung and PRAY I ACTUALLY GET IT.

I WILL NEVER SHOP BEST BUY EVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. BIGGEST MICKEY MOUSE OPERATION IN THE COUNTRY, NO WONDER THEY ARE HANGING ON BY A THREAD AS A COMPANY... THEY'LL BE OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN THE NEXT TEN YEARS, I PROMISE.

I'm speechless! I have VZW & I'm in the NE :-(

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

You won't get the money from Samsung since their offer says if you trade in at BB you are not eligible for the Samsung promo. Then again it said customers who receive their rebate at BB, so maybe you'll get lucky.

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/Mobile

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

For this promo when asking questions or receiving wrong information I would show them these two pictures. Said nothing about requiring contract and you do get the gift card applied to the Note 4 purchase because it says traces are applied before gift card is taken off.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 22382.jpg
    22382.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 22383.jpg
    22383.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 57

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

So I preordered my note 4 this weekend from att. So after it comes to me. I then go into the att store and trade-in my old note 2 and then fill out the form at samsung?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

So I preordered my note 4 this weekend from att. So after it comes to me. I then go into the att store and trade-in my old note 2 and then fill out the form at samsung?
That's what I wanted to know too. I pre ordered on T-Mo but need to know this as well. Can someone answer that?

InfinitiFX35

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't see how VZW or BB are to blame for not knowing all the information needed for the Samsung promo, after all, it is Samsung's promo. Do I think it would be in VZW or BB favor to understand it to do their customers right, absolutely.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

They are WRONG honey, as long as your device is in good working condition and has a value of at least $1 then it 100% qualifies for the offer, I promise you....

Unfortunately if you are not the one ringing up the sale your promise doesn't help those of us who have BB employees who don't understand that. I want to know if there is a way to get our local BB to acknowledge the fact it is a full $200 and not "up to $200" . If not, what can we do when they refuse to give it to us? I have a feeling my pre-ordered Note 4 will not be going home with me on the 17th because there is no way I'm buying it if they don't give me the whole promo.

Posted via the Android Central App

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

As I understand it....

You preorder the Note 4 (step one of two) from your vendor of choice. Keep a paper copy of the preorder. In addition, you have an existing smartphone (no flips) that according to the company who's taking the trade in will value your trade in at least $10 (step two of two). Trade it in. They give you at least the $10 (cash/gift card/whatever). Maybe more. Depends obviously on the traded phone. Get a receipt of that transaction.

Once you receive the Note 4, take the preorder paperwork and scan it. Take the trade in paperwork and scan it. Determine the IMEI and WiFi MAC address of the Note 4.

Armed with these three pieces of information/paperwork, goto https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/ and completely fill out/upload the forms.

You should receive a check from Samsung for $200 minus the value of the trade per the paperwork you submitted.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Just so everyone knows, if you're on Verizon and wanna do the BB promotion as of today YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!! BB has reached their limit for Verizon note 4 pre-orders and cannot take anymore. (In the NE region anyway)

According to who? A local BB employee? Preorders for VZW are not even available, and have never been, on the BB website.

Who says, that has ANY degree of credibility, that ALL VZW NE area preorders are 'sold out?'

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I don't see how VZW or BB are to blame for not knowing all the information needed for the Samsung promo, after all, it is Samsung's promo. Do I think it would be in VZW or BB favor to understand it to do their customers right, absolutely.

I do not believe, after LOTS of thread reading, that BB's offer is Samsung's offer. It looks like it on paper, but BB's demands are easier than Samsung's. It's still $200 they're both offering, but it appears that BB essentially copied Sansung's offer and made it (technically) easier as it's an instant rebate/gift card versus a paperwork submission/wait for a check.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately if you are not the one ringing up the sale your promise doesn't help those of us who have BB employees who don't understand that. I want to know if there is a way to get our local BB to acknowledge the fact it is a full $200 and not "up to $200" . If not, what can we do when they refuse to give it to us? I have a feeling my pre-ordered Note 4 will not be going home with me on the 17th because there is no way I'm buying it if they don't give me the whole promo.

Posted via the Android Central App

It is not 'up to $200' at BB. It's $200 with a trade of any working smartphone. Will they copy the Samsung rebate style where the trade in value is 'X' and the gift card is then $200-X? Maybe. We don't know. Who cares? It's $200.

But the BB or Samsung offer is not 'trade in any smartphone and we'll ONLY give you what it alone is worth.'

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Worst case if BB do not honor the $200 trade in of any working smartphone as they said that can be applied to your note 4 purchase, then cancel the order. Period.
There are many other retailers or carriers. Why worry so much?

Last edited:

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I have to preorder from Verizonwireless.com because I am doing an alternate upgrade to a 2gb line which is the only way to keep my main lines unlimited data.

This is what I sent to the promotion customer service. I'm hoping I hear back soon.

"Does the trade in and pre-order have to be part of the same transaction?

My problem is that my phone I want to trade in is worth $9, HTC Rezound, at verizonwireless.com which falls below the required $10.

Now I want to pre-order at verizonwireless.com the note 4. Can I pre-order at verizonwireless.com and trade my phone in at another retailer that will value my phone above the $10 that is required for the promotion?

Although the trade-in and pre-order would be done at different authorized retailers would I still be able to send both receipts in and receive the promotion value of up to $200 dollars?

Final separate question: There was mention that I could trade in my phone valued at $9 at verizonwireless.com and still be able to recieve $189 since that would make it the full $200 minus the $1 since my phone is not valued at the required $10. Is this true?"

I've read the entire Terms and Conditions of the Samsung offer. Nowhere does it say that the trade in and the preorder must occur from the same vendor.

If Amazon will give you $12 for the phone but VZW will only give you $8? Then, as I understand my readings, you may trade at Amazon and then preorder/buy from VZW, and submit the required information to Samsung.

Your $189 example I believe has significant risk of rejection of the entire rebate check. Samsung specifically says the trade in must be $10 or more to qualify for the check back.

I would not risk trading in a phone that your own submitted paperwork shows a vendor determined value of less than $10. I feel Samsung's T&Cs are specific enough on this.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I do not believe, after LOTS of thread reading, that BB's offer is Samsung's offer. It looks like it on paper, but BB's demands are easier than Samsung's. It's still $200 they're both offering, but it appears that BB essentially copied Sansung's offer and made it (technically) easier as it's an instant rebate/gift card versus a paperwork submission/wait for a check.

Yes, ppl r still confused that there are TWO separate $200 deals. One from Worst Buy for a $200 gift card and one thru Samsung

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

They did and below in the small print it says "Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power."

Its really a bait and switch, so i will try with any smartphone release day but if it doesnt work ill have a backup phone to trade in lol

I have been told three different things by BB employees in two different stores.

1. Trade in needs to be worth at least $10 per BB internal valuation system.
2. Trade in must be worth anything more than $0 per BB internal valuation system.
3. Trade in must simply not be cracked/broken/scratched to death. As long as it's a 'working smartphone,' it qualifies.

So truly, until we all go through it, WHO THE HELL KNOWS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty