Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Wait, the $200 credit can be used towards the phone at BB? If thats the case, why wouldn't peeps just go here instead of waiting for a check in the mail?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait, the $200 credit can be used towards the phone at BB? If thats the case, why wouldn't peeps just go here instead of waiting for a check in the mail?

You had to have an upgrade or be willing to do Edge, Jump, or Next. Buying outright wouldn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just traded in my brothers old Droid RAZR . worth $25 trade in at best buy and they gave me $200 gift card when I got my Note 4 on Verizon today. Awesome deal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way? Take it to your carrier. They'll take it and give you a gift card to use through them.

Trying to keep unlimited data through VZW by going through BB.com and shipped to home. So not sure I want to go to Verizon if I don't have to for awhile.

But the idea is, you can take it to any retailer, even if buying from a different retailer and then say "hey, I want the $200 Samsung promo here is an old phone". they say "ok, here is a piece of piece of paper you send off to Samsung with your other paper work"??

Sorry, but the whole process is a bit convoluted to say the least, and their directions are pretty bad.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
FWIIW, and as expected, got over $260 at an auction site for my S4 package with case, new and used screen protectors, original battery, cable, box, etc, in excellent condition.

The trade-ins offered by the carriers are ludicrously low. In particular, they don't offer anything resembling fair value if you're bundling a package of accessories with them--and why wouldn't you? Who needs a nice Otterbox case and an S4 battery if you're not going to have the phone you bought it for any more? Sammy's offer is a lot closer to reality--but more of significance if you're going trade in an OLD phone. For people in that niche, it's manna from the skies and understandably a great deal.

But if you're trading in the last model of so, you should have lots of better options without relying on the carrier or Sammy. Don't hesitate to check those auctions out in varying places. Although I did well at auction, given this time of year when there's probably a lot of folks recycling new phones as they upgrade, I actually thought I might've done a bit better. I.e, it wasn't a fluke.

july12

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I got a trade in quote email from T mobil for my phone and then preordered Note 4. So, now to get the promotion I know preorder receipt is good but for the trade in receipt the trade in quote is that good ? Or do I need a different kinda of receipt for trade in to sent to Samsung.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm bummed. I thought my Evo 4g had a trade in value of $10, turns out its the 4G lite version and mine is only worth $4. Anyone know the best place to buy a phone real cheap to use for the trade in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a trade in quote email from T mobil for my phone and then preordered Note 4. So, now to get the promotion I know preorder receipt is good but for the trade in receipt the trade in quote is that good ? Or do I need a different kinda of receipt for trade in to sent to Samsung.
You should get some kind of receipt when trading in. This is what my Verizon one looked like.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414247624783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414247624783.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 40

mikebudapest

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Bought my Note 4 last night from Verizon, and traded in my S3. No Pre-order. I'll do the rebate online later this afternoon, you can get the promo through Samsung if you buy instore though the 31st according to the new site.

John Pollard

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
. I have service with Straight Talk. I pre ordered a Galaxy Note 4 at Best Buy - I had to give a $50.00 deposit which was given back to me in the form of a gift card. A few days later I got the Note 4 - I graded in an Iphone 3 I bough on Ebay for $35.00 - I got a $200 Best Buy gift card. I signed up for a 2 year AT & T contract - cost $65.00 / month for TT and 1 gig data - this sucks because on Straight talk I paid $47.00 for TT and 3 gigs data. The extra $20.00 a month will add up to $480 over 24 months. I am thinking of keeping the phone for a month and cancelling AT and T service - I will have to pay the $325.00 early termination fee, but I will save over 2 years , not have a contract and have 3 gigs of data a month. Can anyone see anything in the plan that won't work? I went to AT and T to get the phone unlocked and they can't find the number associated with the phone I bought does anyone have any idea why? Thanks for all replies.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Between Verizon and Samsung I'm getting a run around on this. I did the pre order and picked my Note 4 up yesterday, the Verizon store talked me out of trading my phone in with them, they knew nothing at all about the Samsung promotion. I'm not exactly surprised about that since I can't find anything about it on the Samsung website either unless I go into a live chat and then they will give me a link. Of course the link doesn't come up as one you can bookmark and I've lost it, I have tried twice today to get into a live chat with them and it starts out fine but when I try to post my question to them it tells me I'm not in a live chat. They are having some problems.

I'm waiting for a call back from the gal I dealt with yesterday at Verizon to see if I can get them to do the trade in after the fact but I am not getting a good feeling about this at all.

Can someone here please post the link to the promotion so I can at least find that?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
. I have service with Straight Talk. I pre ordered a Galaxy Note 4 at Best Buy - I had to give a $50.00 deposit which was given back to me in the form of a gift card. A few days later I got the Note 4 - I graded in an Iphone 3 I bough on Ebay for $35.00 - I got a $200 Best Buy gift card. I signed up for a 2 year AT & T contract - cost $65.00 / month for TT and 1 gig data - this sucks because on Straight talk I paid $47.00 for TT and 3 gigs data. The extra $20.00 a month will add up to $480 over 24 months. I am thinking of keeping the phone for a month and cancelling AT and T service - I will have to pay the $325.00 early termination fee, but I will save over 2 years , not have a contract and have 3 gigs of data a month. Can anyone see anything in the plan that won't work? I went to AT and T to get the phone unlocked and they can't find the number associated with the phone I bought does anyone have any idea why? Thanks for all replies.
That will work. I have done that before. They won't unlock until you have around 60 days of service with them and it must be paid in full.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I found the link so I don't need that but I'm pretty sure my Verizon store screwed me out of my rebate. I tried to trade my Note 2 in, in pristine condition with box and everything, the original back had been in the box since I bought a flip case at the time I bought the phone and they had put it on in the store. They assured me I could sell it on ebay for at least $200 in that condition, a lie, I checked ebay after I got home and yeah right they aren't selling there for anywhere near $200.

I'm very unhappy at the moment even though I do love the Note 4.:(

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So I was considering buying a Droid 3 on ebay with clean esn and great condition for 35. I should get it by the 29th. Tmobile's trade in value is 6. Best buy online is $10. I'm assuming this would work for the $200 promotion if I traded thru best buy online. Sorry for all the questions

patt2kpl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
guys please help me out!

Here is the situation:

I placed order yesterday with Verizon the promo is now extended to non-pre orders ! awesome!
However it says I must have trade in plus order data on same day.

That was not possible for me I Had to order via phone , I would like to order a phone that has 10$ value to verizon and trade in but it would have different trade in date by few days.

Will I be eligble ??

patt2kpl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I had to order my phone via phone so it's impossible for same trade in day as order.

How would I go with this promo?

Thursday was when I submitted.

Thanks! You’re officially registered for Smart Samsung Phone. Brilliant Friends and Family Deal.

If you submitted your preorder and trade-in receipts claim online, be on the lookout for a confirmation email. Once we’ve approved your signed receipts, your check should arrive in approximately 6 to 8* weeks.

If you opted to mail in your signed receipts, you must print and mail this email along with your receipt to:

Rocking the Note 4

I had to do my order via phone so it was not possible to do trade in at same time
do you think I would be ok if I told them I had order through phone and that is why trade in date would be different?

phone was ordered yesterday over the phone with Verizon

Trade it link.

Verizon

I emailed them saying their site sucked(in nicer words) and they said it should be fixed and to try again. I did and it worked.

Can you check my issue and see what you would suggest I Do? I don't want to re-order the phone and even if I did I would have to do it over the phone again..

Last edited:

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Our verizon store handed me a small white receipt with the trade in phone and trade in value/date on it.

My pre-order receipt was almost 2 feet long, detailing the pre order and my plan. Hope it works. I got the confirmation email anyway

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I had to order my phone via phone so it's impossible for same trade in day as order.

How would I go with this promo?

I had to do my order via phone so it was not possible to do trade in at same time
do you think I would be ok if I told them I had order through phone and that is why trade in date would be different?

phone was ordered yesterday over the phone with Verizon

Can you check my issue and see what you would suggest I Do? I don't want to re-order the phone and even if I did I would have to do it over the phone again..

I could be wrong but I don't think trade in and order date have to be the same.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I found the link so I don't need that but I'm pretty sure my Verizon store screwed me out of my rebate. I tried to trade my Note 2 in, in pristine condition with box and everything, the original back had been in the box since I bought a flip case at the time I bought the phone and they had put it on in the store. They assured me I could sell it on ebay for at least $200 in that condition, a lie, I checked ebay after I got home and yeah right they aren't selling there for anywhere near $200.

I'm very unhappy at the moment even though I do love the Note 4.:(

Those verizon people were right. You could get over $200 for a pristine Note 2 on eBay or craigslist. The point of the trade in is to recycle an older phone worth at least $10. I know you might not have an old phone to trade in, but you would be better off selling the Note 2 and just getting a cheap phone just for trade in purposes.

Also Verizon has nothing to do with the Samsung rebate promotion. it's strictly a Samsung thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non