11-07-2014 02:33 AM
46 12
tools
    I'm coming from the S5. Yes, I get it that ip67 isn't necessary, but it is pretty cool to know that it is there just in case (rain, shower, pool, etc).

Anyone else on the fence w the N4 because it lacks ip67?
    09-27-2014 09:30 PM
    No

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    09-27-2014 09:38 PM
    No. I'm pretty sure a mild splash of water won't affect the Note 4. The ip7 is a gimmick like 4K video is.
    09-27-2014 09:38 PM
    I actually prefer that it isn't, the little flap on my S5 is annoying as hell, glad it won't be on my Note 4. Yes, I know I can remove the flap from the S5, but I'd rather it not be there in the first place.
    gottria likes this.
    09-27-2014 09:41 PM
    Nope

N3 via AC App
    09-27-2014 09:47 PM
    No. I'm pretty sure a mild splash of water won't affect the Note 4. The ip7 is a gimmick like 4K video is.
    It isn't a gimmick ...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    monsieurms likes this.
    09-27-2014 10:13 PM
    Doesn't bother me. I have no problem with keeping my phone away from water.
    09-27-2014 11:10 PM
    Your post is a Gimmick

Andrawer likes this.
    09-27-2014 11:13 PM
    No, it is not.
    09-27-2014 11:27 PM
    Nope, I actually prefer not to have to open and close the little flaps whenever charging etc.
    09-28-2014 01:11 AM
    Not a deal breaker for me, but I am a little disappointed. I was hoping we would have it.

monsieurms and erinpac like this.
    09-28-2014 06:17 AM
    I loved it when I had the S5 but when I upgraded to the G3, I don't miss it like I thought I would.

I guess it didn't help that the flap cover was poorly designed.

tapatalk LG pro D852
    09-28-2014 07:47 AM
    Yeah I really the GS5 being water resistant
    It's really just for peace of mind knowing that if I spill a glass of water on the phone or it gets rained on, it won't destroy the phone
    I personally think this should be standard on phone

And the charging port cover isn't a big deal, I mean you take it off maybe once a day (or at night) and put it on in the morning
    If that two seconds of work is too much for you, then I don't even know.

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    09-28-2014 07:50 AM
    Yeah I really the GS5 being water resistant
    It's really just for peace of mind knowing that if I spill a glass of water on the phone or it gets rained on, it won't destroy the phone
    I personally think this should be standard on phone

And the charging port cover isn't a big deal, I mean you take it off maybe once a day (or at night) and put it on in the morning
    If that two seconds of work is too much for you, then I don't even know.

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    So, no N4 for you then?
    09-28-2014 08:58 AM
    It's actually IP67. IP ratings for dust and water have 2 numbers after them.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...xplained<br />

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    09-28-2014 09:22 AM
    It isn't a gimmick ...

If it walks, talks, and quacks like a duck then it's a duck.

Your post is a Gimmick

Your well thought out response has floored me.

It's actually IP67. IP ratings for dust and water have 2 numbers after them.
    Waterproof Phones: IP ratings explained - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Understood, I keep getting it mixed up.
    09-28-2014 09:50 AM
    If it walks, talks, and quacks like a duck then it's a duck.

Your well thought out response has floored me.

Understood, I keep getting it mixed up.
    It isn't a duck though ip67 is certified to be dust proof and water resistant. It's like me calling the s pen a gimmick

09-28-2014 10:33 AM
    Deal breaker, no. Disappointing, yes.
    I use my devices attached to a clamp on my motorcycle as a GPS. A waterproof phone would be much better than the sandwich bag that I now use.
    The S5 IS a deal breaker, with only 16gb of internal storage. (My stuff won't install to extSD)
    But I also understand that a waterproof phone is sealed and might run hot, and you lose space for other features. Plus you have that flap thing.
    For now, I'll do without.
    So is the S5 16gb because of the space lost to water seals?
    09-28-2014 10:46 AM
    Deal breaker, no. Disappointing, yes.
    I use my devices attached to a clamp on my motorcycle as a GPS. A waterproof phone would be much better than the sandwich bag that I now use.
    The S5 IS a deal breaker, with only 16gb of internal storage. (My stuff won't install to extSD)
    But I also understand that a waterproof phone is sealed and might run hot, and you lose space for other features. Plus you have that flap thing.
    For now, I'll do without.
    So is the S5 16gb because of the space lost to water seals?
    An IP67 rated device would not be much use if exposed to rain while mounted on a motorcycle going at highway or even residental street speeds if I understand the IP67 rating for water resistance.
    09-28-2014 11:50 AM
    All this waterproof stuff with electrical devices really worries me. Lithium batteries need to vent or they sometimes explode. If the device heats up and is air/water tight then the heat is trapped inside the device for prolonged periods of time. If the device not water tight then the heat can escape as needed.
    I don't think water proof phones are a gimmick as it serves a purpose to fill a demand of the market. Some people need this. But with that said I would imagine most people don't need waterproof phones. It has its purpose but doesn't belong on a powerhouse/big battery phone like the note 4 which was designed for business purposes. It's suited for a more casual phone like the S5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2014 12:40 PM
    An IP67 rated device would not be much use if exposed to rain while mounted on a motorcycle going at highway or even residental street speeds if I understand the IP67 rating for water resistance.
    Irrelevant.

It is mounted behind the windshield on all of my bikes. My S4 just gets water splashed on the screen when it rains. But it would be nice to not worry about that.
    But then now I need to worry about losing the stylus.
    09-28-2014 12:43 PM
    Irrelevant.

It is mounted behind the windshield on all of my bikes. My S4 just gets water splashed on the screen when it rains. But it would be nice to not worry about that.
    But then now I need to worry about losing the stylus. 😁
    09-28-2014 12:43 PM
    Honestly, its a slight dealbreaker to me coming from the Galaxy S5, which is why I went with the Xperia Z3 instead of the Note 4
    I have used my S5 at amusement parks and its actually pretty awesome going underwater

But nevertheless, the Note 4 will be an amazing beast!
    09-28-2014 11:23 PM
    I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker for me. I go kayaking a lot with my family, and I'd love to be able to keep my phone in my PFD pocket for easy photo access. If the Note 4 was waterproof, I'd almost certainly get it. As it is, I'll wait to see how the Nexus 6 compares to it. I'd get the Z3, but I've heard too many negative things about the Z series. I'll still consider it, though.
    09-28-2014 11:44 PM
    I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker for me. I go kayaking a lot with my family, and I'd love to be able to keep my phone in my PFD pocket for easy photo access. If the Note 4 was waterproof, I'd almost certainly get it. As it is, I'll wait to see how the Nexus 6 compares to it. I'd get the Z3, but I've heard too many negative things about the Z series. I'll still consider it, though.
    What negative things have u heard about the Z series?
    09-29-2014 12:57 AM
46 12