S-Pen: Like it or Love It?

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Having been a faithful note user, from the Note 1 to the now, awesome, Note 4, I feel as though the S-pen has gotten MUCH more responsive, more accurate, and just polished to the T.

Samsung has a winner in the note line, everyone attempts but can't come close. And the subtle refinements makes it even better each year. Some of the "gimmicky" stuff I can do without...

So what do you feel about the S-pen?

dustout

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Love it. I find myself keeping it out after notes and stuff for browsing the web. I use reddit a lot and it's great for up and down voting without having to zoom in. I came from an iPhone 4s so I am in heaven.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I use the S-pen more often than I don't use it. It is my favorite feature of this device. I have always believed that this is the greatest innovation Samsung has achieved in the mobile space. It is what separates the Note from every other "phablet" out there.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

Shredead

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I love it. I am a Pen power User and using my Fingers feels on Unutural. Just wish I Knew how to write lowercase "U"

Sent from my SM-N910F (Note 4)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I love the S-pen and I use it more than I don't. One of the biggest reasons for wanting the Note 4. Samsung has done a great job with the software behind it as well.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I love the S-pen and I use it more than I don't. One of the biggest reasons for wanting the Note 4. Samsung has done a great job with the software behind it as well.

I agree I love the S-Pen and Samsung have done a great job enhancing the usability.

This is applicable to the Multi-tasking features wow they are just so intuitive.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree I love the S-Pen and Samsung have done a great job enhancing the usability.

This is applicable to the Multi-tasking features wow they are just so intuitive.

They are ingenious. When I first bought the Note 4 I watched all of the Samsung videos on YouTube about it and I read the manual. I was blown away by the things that it can do. I would also advise anyone thinking about getting the Note 4 or deciding between it and another device to look at the videos on YouTube through Samsung Mobile first. I think anyone would come away just as impressed as I was.

charleskoz

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I must be an outlier because I never use it.

I was an early adopter of computers back in the 1980 era. My handwriting is atrocious and so for me this would be a step backwards. Maybe that's why. :)

Even with my fat thumbs I do better using a predictive keyboard than writing with the pen. Does it have other uses I don't know about?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I was an early adopter of computers back in the 1980 era. My handwriting is atrocious and so for me this would be a step backwards. Maybe that's why. :)

Even with my fat thumbs I do better using a predictive keyboard than writing with the pen. Does it have other uses I don't know about?
It does. Check out the YouTube videos.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Yes is the answer, some don't like writing with the pen and that is OK because...

It does so much more to make things a bit easier.

Like for one example if you want to highlight loads of text on a Web page or just a small section, this can be annoying with the finger but with the S-Pen it's so easy, this applies all over the Ui and not just reserved for Web use.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Great for scribbling picture captions

Didn't think I'd use it very much but bought the Note 4 for the larger screen.

Yesterday, I was at a meeting at which I usually use a micro 43 camera to capture images for a Facebook page. I also have to take notes to accompany the pictures and carry a small pad with me. It's a bit inconvenient switching back and forth between the camera and the bag.

Decided to give the camera a try, instead of the micro 43 and wound up taking all the pictures with the Note. They were largely surprisingly good - switched to Sports Mode because people are always moving. My only issue with the camera was that the flash fill doesn't seem to be strong enough for backlit shots and there's a significant lag after you press the shutter button, so I missed some peak moments.

Note 4 - AWB with Fluorescent.jpg

Back to the S Pen. I LOVED IT for the short notes I needed and have an S Note icon on my home screen. So much easier to scribble a notation that poke it out on the keypad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non