7 year iphone guy switched to a Note 4

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
With nova will I lose functionality like multi window etc? If not, what actually will be lost?

Posted via the Android Central App

No. I used Nova with my Note 2 and still used multi-window. You can do same with Nova on Note 4.

Touchwiz was bad before but with the Note 4, I'm giving it a month's test drive again before I switch back to Nova or not. I do have Nova setup on my Note 4 and simply changed my default launchers. So far I do like Touchwiz. Not as bad as before. I do miss Nova features like the left/right scrolling app dock at the bottom of homescreen. TW limits to 5. Nova lets me put as much as I want out there.

For iTunes just upload to Google Music. Saves all your playlist too. At work all streaming services are blocked except Google Music so I am able to stream music at work on my PC or on my phone when I take a walk. Also doubletwist is an alternative that saves the iTunes playlist.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it does use quite a bit of data while streaming. I set it to stream over WiFi only and download playlists or albums to the phone if I'm going to be in the car a long time.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of the Google music, but then won't I be using my data every time I wanna play my music?

True. Iphone or android phones, same issue. I do have unlimited data plan on verizon so I guess I'm not as worried about data usage. But it's an option if you stream over wi-fi. Doubletwist is probable one of best to copy your itunes playlist if you want to store on your phone. I use Poweramp for other music stored on my phone when I don't stream or can't stream. Eg, can't stream when flying so I listen to music on my phone. Stored on my external sd card.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
With nova will I lose functionality like multi window etc? If not, what actually will be lost?

Also I asked this in another thread, but I guess I sort of thread jacked...with third party keyboards like google, etc, do you lose the ability for one handed use where the keyboard left or right justifies? I tried the Google keyboard and it wouldn't let me do it

Nova you won't lose any features of the phone except for a few stock widgets. Like if you create an action memo (post-it note) with the S Pen, you can't pin it to your home screen like you would be able to do with the touch wiz Launcher.

And I don't know about many other keyboards but I highly recommend swift key. Definitely one of the best. The best IMO. You can also use the swipe to type feature, you can theme it, and it even does the one handed mode (attached below).
I like the idea of the Google music, but then won't I be using my data every time I wanna play my music?

And Google music doesn't have to use your data. You can download songs, albums, playlists, and radios to play without data. After you do this you just hit the downloaded only button and only songs on your device will be playable.

Welcome to Android! 😊

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415155428160.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415155428160.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 19

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Nova you won't lose any features of the phone except for a few stock widgets. Like if you create an action memo (post-it note) with the S Pen, you can't pin it to your home screen like you would be able to do with the touch wiz Launcher.

And I don't know about many other keyboards but I highly recommend swift key. Definitely one of the best. The best IMO. You can also use the swipe to type feature, you can theme it, and it even does the one handed mode (attached below).

And Google music doesn't have to use your data. You can download songs, albums, playlists, and radios to play without data. After you do this you just hit the downloaded only button and only songs on your device will be playable.

Welcome to Android! 😊

Awesome....thanks brother.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to hide the in call window. For instance if I'm on a call, put it on speaker, and press home button...I just want it to hide in the background, not be a bubble, or a floating window. I had it happen once then no clue how I did it lol

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a habit of accidentally ending my calls when I try to actively hide a call screen. Instead, just go to any other screen you want and the active call will recede to something in the status bar.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried this, what else I open still has that hovering over. I just figured out how to do, by long pressing the bubble and then the option pops up...I'd rather not take this extra step though.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Question:

I don't know how to import music from my iTunes library to my Note 4. I don't like the idea of streaming my music via Google Play Music, so I downloaded PowerAmp and don't know how to import stuff. I'm using a Mac desktop and when I connect the Note via USB, only a CD disk icon shows up nothing else. Inside that CD disk icon is Verizon crap. Please advice.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
There are multiple ways to get iTunes on an Android - Double Twist, for example. I have never used Power Amp.

But with an Android, sooner or later you'll find that having your music in Google's cloud is more convenient than having it in Apple's cloud. Here's how to transfer it:

Install Google Music Manager on your Mac. Then you can set it to automatically upload everything in the iTunes program to your Google Account (do that part overnight - it's slow). Then you can open Google Play Music on the phone and download selections or playlists from your library (or all of it if you have the space) to your phone. Then you can listen without streaming.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks KC, I did that about a week ago but then my Note wanted to download one song at a time and it was taking FOREVER. So I cancelled it. Is there a way to import it quicker than downloading it wirelessly? Like with iPHone I can just plug via USG and sync - boom - done.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't think so. The reason is that iTunes in many ways is a very old-fashioned desktop hard disk kind of program. The endless downloading has already happened. Google, on the other hand, is completely cloud with little or no traditional "programs" on your hard drive.

But the Google Play interface should let you work with albums and playlists, not just one song at a time. But the slow download is best overnight.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I too am still having the iTunes issue. All my songs are there, but I can't get my 20 something Playlist ported over.

Google play option is ok, but I don't want to use data to listen my local music.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
For initial transfer from an iPhone that was backed up to iTunes, Samsung Smart Switch is a good option. If you want to keep things in sync with iTunes the app "iSyncr" is a good option, you can use it over usb or they have a wifi wireless add on option as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87