Micro SD Card Problems

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I heard you can only use a 64GB In the Note 4....if i could go with a 128GB,I might as well

You getting bad info!! :D.

You can bang a 128gb in the Note 3, so you know it will fly in the Note 4..

BTW, I never had any problems with 2 Sandisk Ultra 64gb micro sd cards in my Note 3, and my Note 10.1 2014.. I always FORMAT the sd card in the device I am using it in, and I never turn it off when I am doing a write to the sd card..Never a problem.

Now, I have a Note 4, and I am pushing a Sandisk Ultra 128gb Class 10, it hasn't blinked. I took the Sandisk 64gb Ultra and put that in my Tab Pro 8.4, and it works like a charm..

I got a zillion movies, music and pics on my Note 4, and still got mucho space left.. However, for the price, right now, the 64gb Class 10s are the best bargains out there.. I got a PNY 64gb Class 10 for my wife S4, for $24 free shipping.. Can't beat that with a stick..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
128gb microSDXC most definitely works on the note 4. I am using one now

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

ttriplett1

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a new card to replace my 32 GB class 4 Sandisk but I've read phones don't take advantage of the really high speeds. I know I'll see a difference, just not sure it's worth the price jump from the Samsung EVO vs PRO. Can anyone clear this up?

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64 gb Sandisk card that I had in my Note 2 without any problems, I am having problems with it in the Note 4, a lot of disconnects while trying to edit pics.

First I want to try formatting it in the Note 4 and if that doesn't work I will replace it but I have some questions about doing that.
Do I copy all of my files onto the computer in a folder and then copy them back to the phone after the reformat? If so should I attach the phone to the computer via usb and do it that way or would it be better to just insert the card into a reader?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64 gb Sandisk card that I had in my Note 2 without any problems, I am having problems with it in the Note 4, a lot of disconnects while trying to edit pics.

First I want to try formatting it in the Note 4 and if that doesn't work I will replace it but I have some questions about doing that.
Do I copy all of my files onto the computer in a folder and then copy them back to the phone after the reformat? If so should I attach the phone to the computer via usb and do it that way or would it be better to just insert the card into a reader?
I had the same problem with my 64GB SanDisk. This is how I fixed it. I took it out of my phone put it in the adopter that came with it, backup all my stuff to my computer. Then I formated it. Put back some of my stuff on the card. I have not had any problems since. It has been 2 weeks now without that message.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I plugged my phone into the computer and copied everything from the card to a folder then put another card into the phone and formatted it, and copied everything back. The phone is way way snappier and everything is working, I suspect that the card was unmounting and remounting much more that I realized and causing the phone to run slower than it would normally. The card I was using came out of my Note 2 and may be fine if reformatted, I'll try that another day though since I've spent too much time today already. :)

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The SanDisks seem to have a lot of issues in Samsung devices.

I had a similar issue when I got my S4. My SanDisk card had been working fine in my S2, but it didn't like the S4 for some reason. Even after a reformat.

The Samsung 64GB card I bought then has been flawless ever since. I didn't even have to reformat to bring it over to the note 4.

rramsey718

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Your Note 4 should support 128gb. I am having the same issue and found on another thread that others have had the same issue with Sandisk cards and gotten them replaced under warranty.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The SanDisks seem to have a lot of issues in Samsung devices.

I had a similar issue when I got my S4. My SanDisk card had been working fine in my S2, but it didn't like the S4 for some reason. Even after a reformat.

The Samsung 64GB card I bought then has been flawless ever since. I didn't even have to reformat to bring it over to the note 4.
personally I buy a new sd card for every device and touch wood, have had no issues.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had similar issues with my Adata 32mb micro sd. I was using it with my S4. I noticed that the syncing was getting worse i thought it was the software issue with Kies when i used it on my mac. It was slow and it would stall during the transfer. Then it finally die on me after one year of usage. I couldn't figure out why i even try to wipe it format with no luck. I read in forums for some reason with Samsung phones almost everyone was having issue with using other brands other than Samsung. So i picked up Samsung micro sd 64mb pro it was worth the purchase a little more expensive but works great! It's fast reads at 90mb and writes at 80mb. The bonus was the other features such as Waterproof, Temperature Proof, X-ray Proof and Magnetic Proof. Those are good features to have. So spend a little more and get the Samsung cards!

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
If people are buying those Sandsk cards off eBay, they are fakes. They look like the real thing but they arent. They break down over time and start having write issues. I went to best buy and bought a samsung 64gb for 35 bucks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you do in the privacy of your home is your business, but I don't think we all need to know about it...

Read the posts. Numerous users transfered their existing sd cards to new devices. I don't do that and have not had any issues with the SanDisk sd cards at all.