How to keep playlist order?

mastricks

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I am an iPhone user currently (heavily) considering switching to a Galaxy Note 4, however one thing is seriously keeping me from doing so; I love the iOS Music app. One of the main features I love is that when I go into Playlist mode (create a new playlist, add songs) I select the songs I want included and when I click "Done", the songs are there in the exact order I selected. However, I have tried doing this same thing in PowerAmp, Shuttle, DoubleTwist, Rocket Player, iMusic Player, Winamp and others on my Nexus 7 and have not been able to do so (about half don't even have the 'mode' itself as far as I could see, I'd have to long press songs one-by-one, and the rest just let me check the songs I want but not in an ordered way). I always select songs to be played in a specific order, but so far all apps I've tried on Android feel it's okay to jumble it around however they see fit, which is especially annoying considering I usually put playlists together a few minutes before I leave the house. This is a deal-breaker for me, and I've tried Android enough to know I love everything else about it, so I would like to know if there's any way I could do this in any music app. Thank you very much!

I also posted this question to general Android questions.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed this issue. I use iSyncr to move my iTunes created playlists to my Note 4. I haven't really paid attention if the songs play in the exact order of selection but I do know that when I play an album it does go in order. I will look into this but in the meantime you might give iSyncr a try. The free version lets you have two playlists at a time I believe. I liked the app enough that I purchased it for both my phone and my wife's phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress