Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Has anybody though about making "The switch"?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has anybody though about making "The switch"?

Can the lag and such you see be related to a poor app or two?

My lag has been the multitasking recent apps button, and the camera. I switched to save photos and videos to internal storage, and that fixed my camera issue. Everytime I find lag, I quickly find a way to solve it. Sure it sucks that I have to solve it myself, but it was my fault for using an old SD card.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I've owned the ip6 and it also freeze and lags, even more than my note 4 does.. people who are saying iphone is lag and bug free are just fanboys!

Seriously, if you are an android user for that long, than you will get bored with it really easy! There are still loads of shortcomings on iOS if you ask me!

Posted via the Android Central App

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

If I switched to any OS apart from Android it would have to be Windows Phone and I did for some time but eventually came back.

To start off many of the issues that you are having with the Note 4 have more to do with Samsung's software than Android itself. I would recommend switching to Google keyboard and the Google Now Launcher to alleviate some of the lag that tour are facing, furthermore I would recommend that you stray away from Samsung devices next time you are thinking of purchasing a device.

Google's Android isn't perfect, there are issues that have been bugging for me for long but objectively Android is currently the best operating system.

Your thread seems to be concerning performance and honestly Google works on performance with every major update, but certain skins like TouchWiz, ColourOS or LG's proprietary skin mess it up.

In short in the near future I have no intentions of switching to Windows Phone or iOS, and given the pace at which Android moves I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon.

Currently rocking a Nexus 5 and loving the performance, but there are just a few places where I wish Google would improve performance. Rest is fine.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Perhaps you got a bad device. I've had my N4 for 2 months worth little to no lag.

But to each their own. ...good luck and I hope you're happy with your decision.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

If you are getting that serious of lag I would recommend some serious trouble shooting. That lag is the same effect I have with my ipad3 on ios7. I hate it. I used to be a die hard Apple girl but alas the cool aid wore off and now I couldn't go back even if I wanted to. Just one example why is reading about this third party keyboard finally allowed on ios and apple makes them remove a calculator feature embedded in the app because it doesn't meet their standards of app functionality (they did change their mind) but you get the idea.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Have had Android from the start and cannot see me switching to Apple.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I've thought about switching. But it wasn't because I was unsatisfied with android. It was because I wanted to try something new. A new start. I almost thought about getting the iphone6 but decided to continue with note 4. I don't know well see later on if I continue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Never had never will. The day I get tired of android is the day I'll go for windows phone. But even that is not gonna happened.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Will never switch to Apple, I prefer to do what I want with my phone not having the manufacturer tell me what I can do. Iphones seem so limited and yes I have used one before I have one for work and it sits there never being used. My Note 4 does everything an Iphone6 can do and most of the time does it better.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

No, I've used my wife's iPhone and my kids' iPads enough to know the iOS ecosystem is frustrating to work with and lacking in many multi-tasking capabilities.

And if I had a Note 4 with all of the issues you have been posting about, I would have either factory wiped it or replaced it by now. The Note 4 does not perform like yours does, unless it has a hardware issue or has an app installed that is not compatible with it.

But if your idea of troubleshooting something is to just get rid of it and use something else, then the iOS platform might be the best solution for you.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

But if your idea of troubleshooting something is to just get rid of it and use something else, then the iOS platform might be the best solution for you.

Very well said. I guess i've learned long ago that any and all electronic devices can have some amount of lag/glitches/etc.. that require a little attention to get how you like it. It doesn't matter if there's a fruit or a robot inside of it. I've also been around long enough to know that people tend to always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, especially when brand loyalists are not honest about the devices they own due to an inherent fear of upsetting the hierarchy.

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

i went kind of backwards. once upon a time i had an iphone 3g and got bored after a year which was surprising because i was on the thing constantly. then i became obsessed with getting a blackberry for the physical keyboard and used that platform for a couple of years because i truly did love it and i could still customize it to my liking, unlike the iphone.

my first android was the s3 and now the n4 and i won't look back. i had my s3 for over 2 years which is unheard of for me as far as phones go, since i was used to upgrading my blackberry all the time. that's how i knew android was the right os for me. it was certainly more versatile than the blackberry and definitely less limited than the iphone. ever since then, every time i play with an iphone i honestly can't see much of a difference from my 3g that i had and i just don't see the appeal that all the other hardcore iphone people do getting excited for basically the same thing year in, year out.

sorry for the novel, my point is that the os preference/experience is subjective. anyone can try to sell you on what to use but ultimately it's up to you to try different ones until you find what you like best.

as a side note, it would be a dream come true for me if blackberry used the android os. i actually do miss my bb, and i'm probably the only one :)

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

as much as I dislike the Iphone for a variety of reasons, there is no chance I would ever regress to one after using Android the last 5 years or so.

I completely understand why so many people use them/love them, but I prefer a device to do the things I want it to do, and, even though I jail broke every Iphone I ever owned, there is no comparison on which OS you can customize more.

If you have problems with your android phone that you cant fix, you might want to return it, and have the store see if they can help you

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site

Both iPhones received the OTA update to iOS 8 or whatever it was, and both phones got bricked. He called in to speak to Apple Care, and they said they consider that to be a user modification and neither phone would be covered. I was with him when he called 2 other people with his carrier, and his work rep that handles the contract and they all told him to bite the wall. I've heard of at least one other circumstance where the same thing happened. The point is, give credit where credit is due. An OTA is not a user modification unless it's sideloaded.

I seriously find that hard to believe ...

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I thought about it months ago when I had my brand new Note 4 and then my iPhone 6 Plus preorder finally came in 5 weeks after I ordered it. I took a week to compare the two. The iPhone 6 Plus was a very good smartphone. And it was better than the Note 4 in some areas. But, those areas weren't much better and the feature set of the Note 4 completely eclipses what the iPhone 6 Plus offered. So here I am.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I have not been able to really stay away from my new Note 4 since I got it yesterday...picking it up to caress it just to...caress it. I immediately put Nova Prime on it and disabled several unneeded apps. It hasn't paused or skipped a single beat. It's just nastily fast but so was my Note 3 before it. It may be the stock skin that is causing some gliychiness(sic) for some but I only have had a couple of minutes experience with that in both the Note 3 and 4. Nova Prime is just completely, and irrevocably-seeming, rock solid. ...kinda like a Bryston or Krell power amp.

from the IV

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site

If you're not happy and you know it trade it in. Trade trade.

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I thought about it months ago when I had my brand new Note 4 and then my iPhone 6 Plus preorder finally came in 5 weeks after I ordered it. I took a week to compare the two. The iPhone 6 Plus was a very good smartphone. And it was better than the Note 4 in some areas. But, those areas weren't much better and the feature set of the Note 4 completely eclipses what the iPhone 6 Plus offered. So here I am.
I'm so thankful that I am blessed to be able to have both and I enjoy them both!!!....:)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm so thankful that I am blessed to be able to have both and I enjoy them both!!!....:)

Come tax return time I may dispose of some funds and add an iPhone 6 Plus to my Note 4, just for variety sake but I'll have to really consider if that's how I want to waste those funds given a questionable ROI.

from the IV