Let's give Sammy credit when credit is due. The Note 4 is superior to the 6 Plus

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The note 4 is a phone though ....nothing omg I must have ....considering getting a nexus 6 still even with a note 4 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I will agree that to some degree the note is a device similar to others, i completely disagree with the notion that its "just a phone"

I cant remember the last time I picked up my remote control to make a phone call.

Outside of work, the phone app may be the least used on my DEVICE.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
While I will agree that to some degree the note is a device similar to others, i completely disagree with the notion that its "just a phone"

I cant remember the last time I picked up my remote control to make a phone call.

People actually use that remote thingy ...there's even an app for it ? Lol

It's a phone just as much as nexus 6 iPhone and etc

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

That remote app actually made my Comcast service usable. The program guide that Comcast has sucks. It displays two channels at a time and then you have to page down. The remote app shows a full screen of channels and you just scroll down to see more. Tap a channel and it changes to that channel on my cable box.

That app is the best thing to happen to phones since the phone was invented, :)

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I use the IR Blaster on the daily, it's setup to control my TV, Soundbar, Blu-Ray player, and Comcast top box. It is a great great luxury. The nexus 6 and 6+ dont take advantage of the screen real-estate like the Note series always has.

if someone was looking for a phone to use as a phone, I would strongly recommend getting a starTAC

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I use the IR Blaster on the daily, it's setup to control my TV, Soundbar, Blu-Ray player, and Comcast top box. It is a great great luxury. The nexus 6 and 6+ dont take advantage of the screen real-estate like the Note series always has.

if someone was looking for a phone to use as a phone, I would strongly recommend getting a starTAC

Meh I use my Xbox one to navigate my tv and far as real estate on my screen I don't use the s pen ... Even if I didn't use my Xbox I always preferred real remotes over that crap which I tried on the s4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That remote app actually made my Comcast service usable. The program guide that Comcast has sucks. It displays two channels at a time and then you have to page down. The remote app shows a full screen of channels and you just scroll down to see more. Tap a channel and it changes to that channel on my cable box.

That app is the best thing to happen to phones since the phone was invented, :)

Well I have time Warner cable and find the remote cumbersome to use on the s4 at least . I have yet to find the app on the note 4 . ....then again they didn't even install Galaxy App Store either

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I have time Warner cable and find the remote cumbersome to use on the s4 at least . I have yet to find the app on the note 4 . ....then again they didn't even install Galaxy App Store either

For me all of my remotes are combined into one extremely user friendly remote. Having 3 or 4 remotes at hand is a real pain. Especially when your toddler likes to hide them in your sub-woofer.

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
See this is my problem with ios fans and many of the techie sites like Engadget and BGR. There's this image that Apple attempts to create that because their phones are priced expensive, it's what the rich and more affluent prefer. I whole heartedly disagree. The top end Android headsets like the M8 and Note 4 are tailored to the same crowds as iphones. Android is not a cheaper platform--unless you are going for the moto X or some other base model.

I think it's time for Android to embrace being premium and marketing to the more advanced, affluent users. I think Samsung's marketing campaign does a good job of that.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
See this is my problem with ios fans and many of the techie sites like Engadget and BGR. There's this image that Apple attempts to create that because their phones are priced expensive, it's what the rich and more affluent prefer. I whole heartedly disagree. The top end Android headsets like the M8 and Note 4 are tailored to the same crowds as iphones. Android is not a cheaper platform--unless you are going for the moto X or some other base model.

I think it's time for Android to embrace being premium and marketing to the more advanced, affluent users. I think Samsung's marketing campaign does a good job of that.
I would hardly call the Moto X a "base" model while considering the M8 "premium".

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Agreed. At work, I almost forget this thing is a smartphone. Outside of work, I almost forget this thing has a phone app on it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Like any other phone ....those phones can do the same thing minus the pen

A Moto X and many other devices cannot do what a Note 4 can do. No heart rate sensor, no replaceable battery, and no SD card. Some phones can do some of the things a Note 4 can do but I can't think of any other device, except the Note Edge, that can do everything it does.

The Note 3, Note 4 and the Note Edge are really in a class by themselves.

• from the i6+ 🐜

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Like Closingracer, I split the difference to get the best of both worlds. I have a Samsung Note 4 and an Apple iPad Air. I find the Air is a better tablet than the Android equivalents.

I never went with an iPhone originally because I like the phablet form factor. There was no large iPhone a few years back, so I went with the Note 2 at the time.. I really liked the 2, so I moved up to a Note 4 when I decided to upgrade.

Plus... There are a few apps I use that only run on one OS. Some are tied to iOS and others to Android. So, with both devices I can run them all.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
A Moto X and many other devices cannot do what a Note 4 can do. No heart rate sensor, no replaceable battery, and no SD card. Some phones can do some of the things a Note 4 can do but I can't think of any other device, except the Note Edge, that can do everything it does.

The Note 3, Note 4 and the Note Edge are really in a class by themselves.

• from the i6+

Cool a heart rate sensor ? Because I always wanted one ...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have both phones and honestly both are amazing. They each run a different OS so .. each has positives and negatives :).

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad I at least helped influence someone out there :D

Honestly, after having about 6 different Android phones in the last 2 years, I can easily say the Note 4 is the most complete phone out there. It really combines the best of all worlds....unless you want/need ios.