Sprint Note 4 updating to Lollipop

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a dream.......that one day........people will stop referencing their geographical location when discussing OTA updates!

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a dream....that one day....people will stop referencing the phones they used to have 100 years ago, in their signature line! ;)

Here is mine by the way...
Nokia something>Moto Razr(the flip one)>Nextel 90c>Balckberry Pearl>Blackberry Storm2>Droid Bionic>Galaxy S4>Note 4

Last edited:

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to Lollipop, and so far no issues. I like the notification panel and also notifications on the lock screen. I will play during the day and post if I find any priblems or issues.

I have a love / hate relationship with the lock screen notifications. I used to like the text message preview notifications on my S3, before an update removed those. Since that point, I've gotten used to the notifications on the top panel and have preferred that to having things on the lock screen.

I know that Facebook has had this for a few months and I see there is an option to turn off/on the lock screen notifications with the stock messaging app, but I don't need notifications on my screen that shows which apps have been updated. I looked in the settings for the play store but didn't see any option to turn that off.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the Smart Remote (for TVs, etc) panel in the notification window.. that seemed to slow it down a lot after the update, so I turned it off.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yay... so if Sprint is starting today then Verizon should be happening... June/July??? :cool:

A little Photoshop Verizon humor...

Screenshot_Verizon_Lollipop.jpg

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
question, does the new notifications on the lock screen only work with stock samsung programs like messaging and samsung email? I use gosms and inbox and I want to know if the messages are on the lock screen.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Outstanding! Loving it so far. Even stock Touchwiz seems much more fluid, and it wasn't really a slouch before!

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope the Verizon update goes this well. It did not go very good for the S5. All the comments here so far seem to be good for the Sprint Note 4.

My son tells me his Note 4 is awesome, but then, this is his first day with the phone. He was using a Note 2 until today.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
question, does the new notifications on the lock screen only work with stock samsung programs like messaging and samsung email? I use gosms and inbox and I want to know if the messages are on the lock screen.

I've gotten notifications from Gmail and Outlook on the lockscreen, so it's not exclusive to Samsung branded/created apps.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
How do I get a text to preview on the lock screen, without swiping down? I have preview message turned on inside of Messaging, as well as show all content inside of Sounds and Notifications. and it still only shows an envelope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa