Screen scratched

MozzaJ

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I've had my note 4 for 6 days and the screen is already scratched in 2 places. The phone hasn't been dropped or placed in a pocket with coins or keys or anything else hard. It's been in an empty pocket or placed on tables or desks yet there are 2 definite scratches on it. I appreciate that something must have scratched it but under the above circumstances I can't think what. What are other peoples experience of the scratch resistiveness of the screen? I've had a note 2 for two years and the phone is still immaculate with no scratches on the screen at all. I would've hoped that the note 4 screen would've been even better than my note 2 but this doesn't seem to be the case or have I just been really unlucky? I'm getting the phone replaced by the network but wondered if the replacement is going to be the same. I haven't had to bother with a screen protector for my last 2 phones and I'd rather not get one for my note 4 as I think it spoils the feel of the screen. What are other people's experiences?

Thanks

John

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that mate. I have a screen protector on mine since day one and it seems to have done the trick. Think you should bite the bullet and do the same with your replacement. It's just not worth the worry. Also, be careful plugging your charger in. I have a few scratches around the socket on my phone. Also, bear in mind, it's just a phone and it won't remain perfect forever anyway. Look at this way, you're paying for the experience of the Note 4 really. Once it's functional, that's the main thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The N4 has the most advanced glass that was on the market when it launched. To scratch it would take a good deal of force or a very sharp object.

I would look into events that might have taken place when the phone was not under your direct supervision- kids, spouse, co-workers, pets, etc.,

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It was only new one day.. As all things are.
I personally won't do without a glass screen protector.. The second day I had this note3... I burned a pit mark in the glass screen protector, from a arc flash, I do heating, a/c, and electrical work. Won't ever roll without one, not after that... Lol

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
No case, no screen protector since November here. I even dropped it on tile from pocket height this week. No scratches at all. I was a little worried at first but now I don't worry at all. It has great scratch resistance in my opinion.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Screen protector definitely. Smaller particles has better chance to scratch than large ones due to smaller surface area.

@T-Mobile GN3

MozzaJ

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've ordered an LED wallet case for it so hopefully that will protect it. Still amazed it was scratched in the first place.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Cases and screen protectors are immediately mandatory on all my phones. Screen protection is mandatory on all my smartwatches. Sand, grit, and dirt happen.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍫

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a screen protector (not glass) and did not like it. Got dirty way too easily and didn't feel smooth to the touch. I'm pretty careful with my phone and keep it in a case at all times. I clean it daily with a microfiber cloth. If you are at least moderately careful, I think it's pretty difficult to scratch the screen.

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Wow you guys must take bad care of your phone. I've had the Note 4 for about 2 months now. I use just a normal case nothing special no screen protector, and I take it out of the case few times a week to clean the inside of the case an to clean the screen, no scratches. only thing that has a few scratches is the aluminum bezel but that is super vulnerable to scratches.

The screen is Gorilla Glass 4, so it's not going to scratch unless you take something shape or really hard across the screen.
So just keep it away from coins and keys when in pockets.

I kept my iPhone 4S for 3 years and there only 2 major scratches on besides that it's in great condition besides showing of figure prints

I don't like screen protectors or glass protectors, couple reasons they pain to lay down without bubbles. Secondly, over time the edges peel up and collect dirt, makes it look crappy. Lastly, I'd have to say after having it on over time it can make a halo effect if seen it happen to friends phones...

Plus nothing is goin to stay perfect forever... just take care of it and you shouldn't have to much of a issue...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow you guys must take bad care of your phone. I've had the Note 4 for about 2 months now. I use just a normal case nothing special no screen protector, and I take it out of the case few times a week to clean the inside of the case an to clean the screen, no scratches. only thing that has a few scratches is the aluminum bezel but that is super vulnerable to scratches.

The screen is Gorilla Glass 4, so it's not going to scratch unless you take something shape or really hard across the screen.
So just keep it away from coins and keys when in pockets.

I kept my iPhone 4S for 3 years and there only 2 major scratches on besides that it's in great condition besides showing of figure prints

I don't like screen protectors or glass protectors, couple reasons they pain to lay down without bubbles. Secondly, over time the edges peel up and collect dirt, makes it look crappy. Lastly, I'd have to say after having it on over time it can make a halo effect if seen it happen to friends phones...

Plus nothing is goin to stay perfect forever... just take care of it and you shouldn't have to much of a issue...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I've had pretty good luck keeping my devices pure with screen protectors and cases. I typically don't keep a device longer than a year but when I'm done with them they look the same as the day I got them. No scratches, no blemishes of any sort. It can easily be done with a little effort if it's important to you.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍫

MozzaJ

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi nemopsp

That was the point of starting this thread really. I'd owned a Note 2 for 2 years and it was completely scratch free. I'd owned a Note 4 for 6 days using it exactly the same way I'd used my Note 2 for a whole 2 years and I managed to get 2 distinct scratches on it. I did hear that the Note 4's screen is more resistant to breaking but less resistant to getting scratched. Not sure if this is true or not.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi nemopsp

That was the point of starting this thread really. I'd owned a Note 2 for 2 years and it was completely scratch free. I'd owned a Note 4 for 6 days using it exactly the same way I'd used my Note 2 for a whole 2 years and I managed to get 2 distinct scratches on it. I did hear that the Note 4's screen is more resistant to breaking but less resistant to getting scratched. Not sure if this is true or not.
This is why I put on a screen protector and case because sometimes unforeseen and unexplainable things happen. And I know that a scratch on my screen would drive me crazy.

Note in my house!

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There hasn't been a Gorilla Glass yet that won't scratch. Even the tiniest piece of sand that goes unnoticed while cleaning can make an ever so slight but noticeable mark on the screen. Maybe it got imbedded in your shirt or some other cloth that you wiped your phone with.

I would even go so far as to suggest that some of you that supposedly have perfect screens, may have some fine scratches that might only be able to be seen in bright sunlight at just the right angle.

GearHead71

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I have about 7 or 8 really small scratches starting at the bottom of the screen and running up vertically about 1/4 of the way up. It is from the stupid rivet/button thing on jeans on the small coin pocket. It drives me nuts that it can scratch the screen that easily. I think I'm going to have to get a screen protector but don't want to sacrifice s pen sensitivity. I will probably get a glass one.

Anyone else have this problem?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have about 7 or 8 really small scratches starting at the bottom of the screen and running up vertically about 1/4 of the way up. It is from the stupid rivet/button thing on jeans on the small coin pocket. It drives me nuts that it can scratch the screen that easily. I think I'm going to have to get a screen protector but don't want to sacrifice s pen sensitivity. I will probably get a glass one.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have glass protectors on my Note 4 and Note 3 and a regular Zagg IS on this Note 4 Edge and the S Pen sensitivity is not compromised on any of them at all.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

GearHead71

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I have glass protectors on my Note 4 and Note 3 and a regular Zagg IS on this Note 4 Edge and the S Pen sensitivity is not compromised on any of them at all.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

Which glass protector do you have on the note 4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress