Someone please help? Cannot forward calls

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Bassplayrguy, I have the EXACT same issue with my Galaxy S5 after upgrading to 4.4.4. I will let you know what AT&T comes up with. Hopefully they will have a fix on their side and we will not have to do anything to our phones, like wait for the next release. I will be old and gray.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Call Forwarding?

AT&T is aware of the issue with the Note 4. IDK it affected the S5 also. For the 3 other network, all forwarding function works without intervention. I went back to my Nexus 6 cause I sometimes need to forward calls to my desk phone

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I will mention that AT&T knows about this for the NOTE 4 when I speak with them again. Thanks! That might help them expedite a fix for the GS5.

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Well that is discouraging. I think you can put your sim in another (spare) phone, forward your number,
the put your sim back into your "good" phone and it will be forwarded. That way you can use your new phone, forwarded until AT&T gets this figured out. Ya know, this seems like a pretty big bug. I am hoping that AT&T treats it that way.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I really hate to use sim card adapters, I got one stuck inside the original Note. In this case, I have no choice. I configured my Nexus 6 to do all those functions but IDK if it transfer over. My OLAM with AT&T recognizes the Motorola Nexus 6 as a flip phone although the AT&T associate scanned the bar code to register the IMEI.

This will be my last Samsung phone

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Sad that you blame Samsung devices stemming from an AT&T issue, but to each their own. Choice is always good :)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Upgraded to lollipop and thought that would help but it didn't. Not getting the sim card error but now I'm stuck on this in the pic.

Disclaimer : I never use call forwarding so it's not a big issue for me. I just want to try to help the OP figure this out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-25-03-20-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-03-20-54.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 95

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

What update did you download? Lollipop? 5.x? Because Sweetypie31 updated to Lollipop and reports that it did not fix it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

What update did you download? Lollipop? 5.x? Because Sweetypie31 updated to Lollipop and reports that it did not fix it.

The error message went away, but now when I go to open the call forwarding in settings it's stuck on reading settings.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

The error message went away, but now when I go to open the call forwarding in settings it's stuck on reading settings.

Since my phone is unlock, I went ahead and activated a T-Mobile sim. I had the same result. I called Samsung tech support, did trouble shooting and emailed me a shipping label. As of this morning, its on the way to Plano, Texas.

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with AT&T. I finally got to someone who seemed to know what was going on. It is a problem with the 4.4.4 release.
At least for the GS5. They are working on it and they have stopped rolling out the release to those who have not yet
upgraded. I was told that if I needed to, I could take my phone to Best Buy and have them reflash it to 4.4.2 to solve the
problem until the fix is rolled out via an OTA update.