Getting Nervous!

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Getting a tad nervous, today I upgrade from Iphone 5 to a Note 4. I bought a Samsung Tab 3 just to get familiar with the Android system. And fell in love with it. Not perfect, but nothing is. I just get nervous reading all these reviews, people switching back and forth, some hate the Note 4 some love it. So far, playing with it at the store I really like it. Size is something I will need to get used to.....

:)

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My personal phone is a Note 4 and my work phone is the iPhone 5s. Both are good, but I love my Note 4!!

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Getting a tad nervous, today I upgrade from Iphone 5 to a Note 4. I bought a Samsung Tab 3 just to get familiar with the Android system. And fell in love with it. Not perfect, but nothing is. I just get nervous reading all these reviews, people switching back and forth, some hate the Note 4 some love it. So far, playing with it at the store I really like it. Size is something I will need to get used to.....

Having read this sight for a couple years now, i've noticed a trend. The VAST majority of time that people dislike Android and go back to the iPhone, it's because they didn't fully grasp that Android is far different than iPhone. There's pro's and con's to both operating systems, but if you only dwell on what Android does differently than what you're accustomed to with Apple, you'll go back. It's been no different with the Note 4. We've seen someone go back to iPhone because he couldn't grasp the copy/paste method that Android uses, and we've seen others who just didn't like the battery life (even though most have reported outstanding battery). Good luck to you though. It's a lot of fun having an Android.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Good thing is that you have a 14-day return window. So, if you don't like it, you can return it for something else,

Note in my house!

Bravfoe

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I used to have an iPhone 5 also before I switched to an LG G3. It was my first Android. It took a bit to get used to it, but I gave myself time to fiddle with it and learn it and was really happy once I got the hang of it. That switch prompted me to trade in my iPad for a Note Pro 12.2 tablet as well.

I switched my G3 to a Note 4 this week and I absolutely love it. I'm one that wanted the larger sized screen and I don't regret it. It's just so much easier to view things on the bigger real estate. The Note 4 is really fast, my internet and video playback speeds are great, and the screen is so vibrant and sharp. The rest of my family stayed with the iPhones, because they are just very easy to use and they aren't into customization. Would I personally go back, no. By the way, I downloaded Nova Launcher (and purchased the paid version) as many people have suggested and set my screens up just the way I want them. If you pulled the trigger today on the 4, come back and let us know what you think.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I made the same switch at the beginning of the yr. I just couldn't email on my iPhone 5 plus the battery life was lacking even after they replaced it under the recall. The screen size, resolution, and battery life are great on the note 4 I couldn't be happier.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

At first the size seemed HUGE compared to my previous phone ( Samsung Galaxy S3). My kids even called it a tablet. But, after 4 months it seems very normal sized now, almost a bit on the small side (could go slightly bigger).

Time changes our perceptions.

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 and a Note 4 and to me the apps are better on ios but the amount of things you can do with the Note 4 is amazing compared to the iPhone 6 but only if you are going to put the time into learning what the phone can do. I had the original Note and the Note 2 but then moved to windows because I wanted a change and I wasn't using the s pen much.

I now use windows, android and ios and they all have there plus and negative points. For me my around favourite is windows because it just suits me but android for a change and work, I only got my iPhone 6 a while back and it is a great phone but it is very boring even compared to windows.

In the end if you give the Note a good fair try you will love it but the size may be just too much for you. For me the size is fine most of the time but then I do have a Nokia 1520 as well.

There is a thread on this forum that I would recommend you have a read through as well http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ou-discovered-after-buying-your-note-4-a.html and what I did when reading through it was to take a screen shot of all the posts that had the tips that I found useful and put them into one album for later reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol