AT&T Lollipop update and what is NOT working to well now....

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well I guess I am also in the minority as mine is running fantastic after installing Lollipop yesterday.
I have done nothing but install it, no factory reset not anything, just install and it works great.

The AT&T logo is only on the Lockscreen nowhere else.
The notification bar on lockscreen is on the bottom of the notifications now which actually make them easier to read.
It seems snappier, faster to me.
My battery life I am just going to assume is better, I used to get about 5 to 6 hours of screen on time now on this first charge after installing Lollipop I am currently at 4hr 11min 39sec and I am at 49% that should translate to somewhere close to 7 hours screen on time, that is about a 15% improvement.
So far I am having zero problems of any kind that I can find, of course it has only been less than a day so that may change but initially it seems certainly better than Kitkat.
My only disappointment is that the Note 4 does not have the "Camera2 API" yet, it could possibly be implemented later with a ROM I believe.
Lollipop itself has the Camera2 API however does no good if the phone itself isn't compatible.
So no fault of Lollipop.

Naturally the Galaxy 6 will implement most of Camera2 API.

Camera2 API on MWC 2015 devices: Galaxy S6, HTC One M9 and more Lollipop devices | SpectraStudy

Have no idea why some people are saying that AT&T is "Forcing" you to download Lollipop, I fail to see how that is possible, far as I can tell you have to manually go to "software updates" and manually click it to update software.

Last edited:

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
No that is not true at all. After I ignored the update a few times as soon as I turned on WIFI the update started automatically. So I kept off my WIFI for days until I read the reactions from multiple threads. There is no way on the AT&T Note 4 to disable automatic updates. But I have no complaints at all as AT&T did a great job with the update.

The only people who have issues refuse to factory reset their phone or clear their system cache. I didn't have issues before I did both but I did it anyway.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No that is not true at all. After I ignored the update a few times as soon as I turned on WIFI the update started automatically. So I kept off my WIFI for days until I read the reactions from multiple threads. There is no way on the AT&T Note 4 to disable automatic updates. But I have no complaints at all as AT&T did a great job with the update.

The only people who have issues refuse to factory reset their phone or clear their system cache. I didn't have issues before I did both but I did it anyway.

Must be some way because mine sure didn't automatically update, in fact I didn't even know that lollipop was even available until I came on here and saw it, then did the update manually. Mine stays on Wifi indefinitely as long as I am within 100 yards of my house.
I also had zero issues of any kind and did not factory reset nor clear cache, just download and viola.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of this... anyone having trouble with action memo? When I got to minimize it, it just vanishes.... then I can't open an action memo again from air command. I've done two factory resets. Any ideas?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of this... anyone having trouble with action memo? When I got to minimize it, it just vanishes.... then I can't open an action memo again from air command. I've done two factory resets. Any ideas?

I am on AT&T and have done both Lollipop updates, and Action Memo still works perfectly.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Must be some way because mine sure didn't automatically update, in fact I didn't even know that lollipop was even available until I came on here and saw it, then did the update manually. Mine stays on Wifi indefinitely as long as I am within 100 yards of my house.
I also had zero issues of any kind and did not factory reset nor clear cache, just download and viola.

Ok if you find a way then post a screen shot. I have looked through every possible setting and even resorted to calling AT&T tech support which I never do and they confirmed that it isn't possible on the AT&T Note 4.

I am also zero issues with Lollipop but I still think that you should have a choice whether you would like the update.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Found the solution to my action memo issue for anyone who is experiencing it. Action memo stopped working for me when I turned off animations and transitions in developer options. Once I turned them back on, restart and action memo works again. Hope this helps.

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok if you find a way then post a screen shot. I have looked through every possible setting and even resorted to calling AT&T tech support which I never do and they confirmed that it isn't possible on the AT&T Note 4.

I am also zero issues with Lollipop but I still think that you should have a choice whether you would like the update.

How can I post a screen shot of something I have already done?

All I know is that I never got a message or anything that said a OS update was even available and I never knew it until I came on this website and saw post on lollipop and AT&T.
So I then went to my updates, clicked it and downloaded it, was not forced to in anyway.

IAmLadyD

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Exactly!!! Please call them and complain if you have free time.. Samsung: 18889874357. This system sucks!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmLadyD

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
..a factory reset would only start your set up process from start.. It'll still be the same exact annoying, aggravating system.. Smh.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress