Location isn't saved if picture is taken "too quickly"

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I find that if I take a picture before GPS locks on, it doesn't even keep trying. The GPS data doesn't get recorded. Is there something wrong with my device? Is there anything I can do? Thank you!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I find that if I take a picture before GPS locks on, it doesn't even keep trying. The GPS data doesn't get recorded. Is there something wrong with my device? Is there anything I can do? Thank you!

Are you saving the photos to your SD card or your phone storage?

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I can see that it's trying to catch on to GPS coordinates but if I launch and take a picture within a second or so, then that picture doesn't get its GPS coordinates! :-\

cinavs

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
If you are opening the camera from a secured lock screen it definitely does not tag the location. If you go into settings the button is "greyed" out so you cannot even turn it on. But if using the camera from an unlocked state, then I have not seen any issues. Frustrating really, kind of defeats the purpose of having a lock screen shortcut.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it does kind of defeat the purpose.

But what about the not recording it if you are not under the lock screen and you take a picture before it can lock on? I mean, load up the camera and take a shot before the GPS locks on. This issue never happened with my LG g3 or note 2 on Android.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone else have this problem? I've been using the Google camera and honestly the quality isn't the same. It's close I suppose. Maybe can someone recommend another camera app that plays nicely with the hardware?