While charging, phone freezes

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
To get back to normal, the only solution is to pull the battery. Drives me crazy.

All of this started after lolipop upgrade.

I should add, it doesn't happen all the time. In the past week, 3 times.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried both, will do another cache wipe.

Yah when it happens, nothing else helps but taking out the battery. Which is actually pain in the bum, because I have to take the case off...

Surprised nobody else is experiencing this after lolipop update.

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I started having this happen on my Verizon Note 4 the last couple nights. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to the bright red Verizon boot screen, and nothing I try can fix it except pulling the battery.

It actually did it to me night before last, I did a battery pull and reboot it, and when I woke up again the next morning it was stuck on the boot screen again.

I've been having a lot of annoying small bugs with Lollipop, but this one I consider a deal breaker since it means I can't trust my alarm to go off anymore either.

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I started having this happen on my Verizon Note 4 the last couple nights. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to the bright red Verizon boot screen, and nothing I try can fix it except pulling the battery.

It actually did it to me night before last, I did a battery pull and reboot it, and when I woke up again the next morning it was stuck on the boot screen again.

I've been having a lot of annoying small bugs with Lollipop, but this one I consider a deal breaker since it means I can't trust my alarm to go off anymore either.

Mine is little bit different. While it is charging, the led light is red. I take the cable out and if that led light stays red, I know I have a problem, unable to power it up, power it down, etc... Battery pull the only solution.

Clasimodo

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Solved with workaround!!!

I faced this "sleep of death" too after updating to Lollipop. I had to pull out the battery almost every time after charging. Very annoying! I noticed though that my phone never froze in my car while charging. Thinking about the difference I realised that I keep my phone awake in the car while charging using Macrodroid (which I love anyway to automise all kinds of things). I made a simple macro which keeps my phone awake while charging and another one that returns the phone to normal while on battery.
While charging: Trigger: Power Connected; Actions: Keep Device Awake enabled & Screen Off, Constraints: None
On Battery: Trigger: Power Disconnected; Actions: Keep Device Awake disabled & Screen Off, Constraints: None

Off course there are alternatives available to Macrodroid that should be able to do the same.

My problems are solved, with and without fast charging. I hope this will help some of you as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer